awsome renders you may not know you have

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

awsome renders you may not know you have

Post by Ed the Monkey »

I'm sure you're probabbly all aware of this, but if you arn't there are a few renders from microforte left in your GUI folder inside core. This is, btw, also where you can edit your GUI (like section8 says you can't) to give your GUI a new look.
Just one monkey in a room of infinite monkeys, typing on infinite computers, now taking an infinite coffee break.......
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Thanks for the information mate, I'll give them a go right now. :)
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

Eh? I said you can't edit the GUI itself beyond changing some graphics. You can't for instance put a minimap up in the top corner, or merge the two weapon slots into one, but you could "reskin" the GUI so to speak. :D
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Ed the Monkey »

oh... :oops: sorry about that section 8, i read that a while ago... guess i was wrong on that. ANYWAY.... so are there any more renders like the ones in the GUI folder? i mean... hidden anywhere else?
Just one monkey in a room of infinite monkeys, typing on infinite computers, now taking an infinite coffee break.......
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

I s'ppose this is as good a place to ask this as any...

Section8, do you know what the purpose/reasoning behind having the two Death Screens is? I haven't found a way to get the second to display, excepting simply renaming the files.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

There's probably a few little bits of redundant art lying around in places, there's also bits of text, and some audio that wasn't really worth sorting through all our game files. I'm not really sure about the two death screens. Multi/Singleplayer difference maybe?
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

You could easily change the buttons and the first screen you get when you insert the game cd-rom for instance. You'll need red!View for most changes.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Section8 wrote:There's probably a few little bits of redundant art lying around in places, there's also bits of text, and some audio that wasn't really worth sorting through all our game files. I'm not really sure about the two death screens. Multi/Singleplayer difference maybe?
Yeah, you guys left all sorts of things that weren't used in there. However, I will not complain, because there are about a dozen or so sprites that I've found Nifty Uses (tm) for (e.g. a small anti-tank mine and various Repair Items).

I've never had that Death Screen display when I played MP, but I'm not exactly a MP guru, either. ("SP all the way, baby!")

I think some of the most interesting stuff is in the Speech Files, actually. There's scads of notes between the devs about what was supposed to be done, then what actually was done, etc. For instance the Tank was supposed to be included in Jefferson originally, then having a Ghoul in your squad was suppposed to cause the Ghouls of Gravestone (Kansas City) to react differently, etc., etc.

OTB
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

Yeah the conversations in the speech files are interesting. A lot of the mission designs are somewhat divergent from their original incarnations.
--
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Section8 wrote:A lot of the mission designs are somewhat divergent from their original incarnations.
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one that happens to. :lol:

OTB
Our Host!