O-M-G some one explain Y PLZ!

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.

Would you like to be able to totally Modify fallout 2 maps? Be able to play them not just friggin view them! Oh thats tons of fun viewing them note the sarcasm. Dammit!

Yes!!!
50%
No!? (wtf no!?)
50%

Total votes: 2

Tekno
SDF!
SDF!

O-M-G some one explain Y PLZ!

Post by Tekno »

I figured out all the extraction stuff and stuff like that on my own but I have THE LATEST mapper for FO2 and it still can only view the maps!? Y!? omfg i can make all these cool maps and stuff which i have done but they don't work when i go to put them back in the master.dat! y is that so impossible!? Y the "F" can't i friggin well have a self made map and be happy in my own little fallout 2 world ive been waiting for this for like forever and its like right there but its only a F*****G VIEWER Y!? frigg this pisses me off how is it possible to be a viewer but being able to modify and everything else I WANNA BE ABLE TO WALK AROUND IN MY HOME MADE MAPS TELL ME Y THIS ISNT POSSIBLE DAMMIT! TEAM X DiD an excellent job so far now y not go the extra mile! im sure im NOT the only one who feels this way and BiS too omfg i would kill to have that mapper or any mapper for that matter that isnt just a F*****G viewer. Now im just rambbling but im soo po'ed...
:x

P.S I think i posted this under another tiopic inadvertantly this is my first or in that case second time posting only im new at posting but a veteran @ fallout2 anywhoo grrrr :x
"This is none of your affair... Just turn around and walk away"
Rat Keeng
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Rat Keeng »

I figured out all the extraction stuff and stuff like that on my own
Wow, amazing, be sure to tell your mom.
omfg i can make all these cool maps and stuff which i have done
Again, make sure your mom knows what a great job you've done.
Y the "F" can't i friggin well have a self made map and be happy in my own little fallout 2 world ive been waiting for this for like forever and its like right there but its only a F*****G VIEWER Y!?
Have you told your mommy about this? I'm sure she can help you.
I WANNA BE ABLE TO WALK AROUND IN MY HOME MADE MAPS TELL ME Y THIS ISNT POSSIBLE DAMMIT!
I wouldn't know, but try asking your mom.
im sure im NOT the only one who feels this way
No, i bet your mother feels the same way.
omfg i would kill to have that mapper or any mapper for that matter that isnt just a F*****G viewer.
Kill yourself then, and stop bothering your mom.
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

I figured out all the extraction stuff and stuff like that on my own but I have THE LATEST mapper for FO2 and it still can only view the maps!? Y!? omfg i can make all these cool maps and stuff which i have done but they don't work when i go to put them back in the master.dat! y is that so impossible!?
What are you using to put them back into master.DAT? If you are using DATExplorer, then you probably want to rebuild the DAT from scratch- I've found that it has quite a few problems if you don't build the a DAT in the proper order. In any case, why are you putting the map back into the DAT files? If you just are testing it, put the maps in FALLOUT2/DATA/MAPS/ . Files in here override those in PATCH000.DAT and files in PATCH000.DAT override ones in MASTER.DAT.
Our Host!