Got a questions about skins

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
GooChunks
Regular
Regular

Got a questions about skins

Post by GooChunks »

Alright i have been lookin at the guy who has been skinning his own power armour and it looks awesome were else would i be able to find sites that have fallout skins to download i know this is the wrong section but i thought you guys would know, if anyone knows i would appreciate it thanks
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

I dont know of any dude....im sorry
Sometimes an atomic weapon is just an atomic weapon, ja?
GooChunks
Regular
Regular

Post by GooChunks »

thanks anyway
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

make your own craptastic ones like i do. heheh
GooChunks
Regular
Regular

Post by GooChunks »

Strapton2 how do you do that, is the thing you use free and were do you get it, wait werent you the one talkin about makin the original power armour for FOT that would be awesome if you told me id appreciate it alot
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Ed the Monkey »

actually...if you look in the modelling section you'll find that this is one of the projects we're working on. You see, you can't exactally *skin* power armor, you can use the character editor supplied in the patch that included all the editors, but you can't just skin it like you can in quake. Quake has models built, or you build models, to which you apply skin... if this method were used in tactics it would run incredibly slow because of the detail that the designers put into their work (look at any of the offical game art... those models are really what they used in game)... instead it's pre-rendered as sprites... which means in order to truely skin you have to re-render the model. That means you probabbly have to build the model too... so...hehe... good luck. If you know someone who's acutally found a way to do this...cool... introduce him to me.
Just one monkey in a room of infinite monkeys, typing on infinite computers, now taking an infinite coffee break.......
GooChunks
Regular
Regular

Post by GooChunks »

lorigosolo is doing it thats somebody
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Ed the Monkey »

no shit... he's acutally doing it... wow...
Just one monkey in a room of infinite monkeys, typing on infinite computers, now taking an infinite coffee break.......
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Look, GooChunks, the thing is that you can't "skin" 2D-models like that... With 2D there's just the art which you need to "re-draw" from the scrap if you want it to look different.

In 3D you can just change the textures on the current "skeleton"/"model". That's when you're "skinning the model". Got it?
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

oh, i thought you where talking about 3d model skinning. thats not too hard. especially w/ MS3d. once i buy half life, me and my friend are going to make a Fallout mod. lol. once i buy it. might as well wait for like half-life2 or something.

lol.

oh, does anyone have a picture of the origional T-51b PA where the person is facing forward? if so, it will be like a million times easyer to make a T-51b PA model. thanks
Ed the Monkey
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Ed the Monkey »

I've been looking for the same thing... there's a background on the orig Fallout site that shows a portion of it close up. I think if we could get a hold of some of the concept art we might be better off....
Our Host!