Stuff that could be in fallout 3, but might not fit.

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Stuff that could be in fallout 3, but might not fit.

Post by Megatron »

Sci-fi stuff that was usually in the twighlight zone or 50s pulp comic, so why not fallout?

-Time Travel
Mabye you cross two wires on a bomb, then are transported 5 minutes back into the past, or mabye have some kind of grondhog day kind of...day

-Cloning
I don't like this idea much, but mabye the player could clone himself, then the clone earns him a bad rep.

-Aliens
If done properly they could be good. Mabye just alien technology or something?

-Alternate Universe
Mabye you travel through a portal and the master managed to take over or instead of a nuclear war it was a biological war

-Pod people
Might work if something like children of the damned/body-snatchers happened in somewhere like vault city.

-Attack of the 50foot (insert insect here)
It would be fun to get caught in a town as giant...things attack it. A bit like tremors, Them! or attack of the 8 legged freaks. I don't know.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Re: Stuff that could be in fallout 3, but might not fit.

Post by VasikkA »

Pyro wrote:-Time Travel
Mabye you cross two wires on a bomb, then are transported 5 minutes back into the past, or mabye have some kind of grondhog day kind of...day
Like the Guardian Portal encounter in Fallout 2? :P
-Cloning
I don't like this idea much, but mabye the player could clone himself, then the clone earns him a bad rep.
No need for cloning, Fallout developers came up with FEV. That's something original and they should stick to it. FEV allows some pretty weird stuff included in fallouts, even better than cloning.
-Aliens
If done properly they could be good. Mabye just alien technology or something?
Although very 50's, it didn't really fit with the rest of the gameworld in Fallout 2. Personally I don't like this idea. I'd prefer large 50's style robots rather than aliens.
-Alternate Universe
Mabye you travel through a portal and the master managed to take over or instead of a nuclear war it was a biological war
*thinks*
No. :roll:

In my opinion, no 50's scifi stuff from other sources is needed in Fallout. They can come up with their own 50's stuff and develop their own view of 50's retrofuture.
Mikey
Regular
Regular

Post by Mikey »

hmm, i don't believe in second chances. in the wasteland, at least.
so i'm not a big fan of time travel or cloning.
time travel could be used for a special encounter, maybe. you go back in time to ask advice from your forefathers (vault dweller/chosen one) or to bring back dogmeat!

the alternate universe, sure... there could be one. but why should i give a fuck about an alternate universe? there's enough crap going on in this universe as it is.

aliens should only be vaguely involved. like, there are signs of their existence here and there, but you shouldn't have to fight them. otherwise the game might lose its nuclear fallout-feel and become a shoot-the-aliens game.
nein! das ist verboten, goddammit!
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

I like the 50-foot [x], though. That's classic 50's b-movie stuff. Just as long as it isn't in some kind of horrible boss battle where the guy goes 'Ha ha ha! You thought you killed me! Well, I'm just going to get really fucking big!'
A 50-foot deathclaw would be... interesting.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Yeah, I'm suprised they haven't done it already.

Start off going into town. Woman shouts at you, so you run towards her, some mutant things come out and you get into the door. You have to survive until morning or something, but the house your in is destroyed and you fall through the floor, kill the queen (always a queen) the end.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Pyro wrote:Yeah, I'm suprised they haven't done it already.

Start off going into town. Woman shouts at you, so you run towards her, some mutant things come out and you get into the door. You have to survive until morning or something, but the house your in is destroyed and you fall through the floor, kill the queen (always a queen) the end.
I'm thinking more of building size super mutated ultra ants(!) running through the town and destroying things.

Enter the wanderer.

You strap on your double mini-gun and make yourself the exterminator god.
FireWolf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by FireWolf »

sheep. that's what fallout needs. sheep. wool, they baa, it will please the surviving welsh. they could be a kind of weapon too. you could be followed around by a flock of sheep and when you enter combat you can deploy them in formations or acrobatic maneuvers making pyramids and walls and stuff. then you can throw the buggers at the enemy, ever been savaged by a sheep? dangerous buggers.
"And when he gets to heaven
To St. Peter he will tell
one more soldier reporting, Sir.
I've served my time in hell."
Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs of War.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

FireWolf wrote:sheep. that's what fallout needs. sheep. wool, they baa, it will please the surviving welsh. they could be a kind of weapon too. you could be followed around by a flock of sheep and when you enter combat you can deploy them in formations or acrobatic maneuvers making pyramids and walls and stuff. then you can throw the buggers at the enemy, ever been savaged by a sheep? dangerous buggers.
It's a good idea but it just lacks the 50's feel.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

FireWolf wrote:sheep. that's what fallout needs. sheep. wool, they baa, it will please the surviving welsh. they could be a kind of weapon too. you could be followed around by a flock of sheep and when you enter combat you can deploy them in formations or acrobatic maneuvers making pyramids and walls and stuff. then you can throw the buggers at the enemy, ever been savaged by a sheep? dangerous buggers.
Now that reminds me of the kamikaze sheeps in Worms and the exploding sheeps in Warcraft, dangerous critters. :P
FireWolf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by FireWolf »

how do sheep lack the 50's feel? sheep were around in the 50's

VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Someone has been messing with your mind, Firewolf. :D
Or maybe you stared at that pic for too long. :roll:
Flamescreen
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Flamescreen »

VasikkA wrote: FEV allows some pretty weird stuff included in fallouts, even better than cloning.

Can you explain that a bit? I'm interested. Do you mean the "standard" stuff we've already seen, or similar effects on organisms but expanded somehow?(if it is the second case I'd really like an example, or more if you have more)
I'd prefer large 50's style robots rather than aliens.
I always liked that idea too. It's not an easy one to do though, FoT didn't manage it very well for instance. What's your vision of this?
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Flamescreen wrote:
I'd prefer large 50's style robots rather than aliens.
I always liked that idea too. It's not an easy one to do though, FoT didn't manage it very well for instance. What's your vision of this?
Fot didnt't manage anything very well. at all.

And about the sheep, yes they were around in the 50's but I dont think they could have survived the war.

well...

how's this: vault 89 was specialely desigened to hold the greatest leaders and minds of mankind but somehow got over runned with sheep.
The sheep used the advanced technology that was designed for this vault only to become super intellegent and to create weapons that they could carry.
and in the game you fight the hordes of sheep that are trying to take over the wateland and turn mankind into food! :twisted:
Last edited by Dan on Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
FireWolf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by FireWolf »

its possible, but the plural of sheep is not sheeps. it is sheep.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

FireWolf wrote:its possible, but the plural of sheep is not sheeps. it is sheep.
hhhmmm wuttttsss's plrual??!!!1111 :silly: :silly: :smilecolros: :new-bday:
FireWolf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by FireWolf »

plu·ral Pronunciation Key (plrl)
adj.
Relating to or composed of more than one member, set, or kind: the plural meanings of a text; a plural society.
Grammar. Of or being a grammatical form that designates more than one of the things specified.

n. Grammar
The plural number or form.
A word or term in the plural form.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Can you explain that a bit? I'm interested. Do you mean the "standard" stuff we've already seen, or similar effects on organisms but expanded somehow?(if it is the second case I'd really like an example, or more if you have more)
What I meant is that there is still a lot we don't know about FEV. It gives the game deveoplers a lot of space for imagination, no that's a bad word. Creativity, I mean. FEV effects on all critters in the wastelands is mostly unknown, we've only seen a couple of 'FEV experiment weirdos'. Which means all possibilities of FEV are not yet used and tested. Who knows what we'll see in FO3.
Robots similar to Mr.Handy, but with different purposes.
how's this: vault 89 was specialely desigened to hold the greatest leaders and minds of mankind but somehow got over runned with sheep.
That's impossible, the Enclave was designed to hold the greatest leaders and minds of mankind. Well, at least american. :roll:
FireWolf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by FireWolf »

nope. the enclave was the government before the war, not vaults to house the greatest and best. its more the ruling elite providing for themselves.

sheep are cool.

FEV is widespread in the wastes according to the Fobible. apparrently when the bombs hit west tec the fev storage vats on level 1 and 2 were ruptured spreading fev into the wastes causing mutations like radscorpians, manti, etc.

the effects of large doses of FEV on critters is not widely known, only the master's army are the results of heavy infection.

Robots have their place, just mr handy, a few security bots. lets not ressurect the darlecs.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

The Enclave was not only the government. There were scientists and other important pre-war people too. They were working on FEV research and developed the APA, for example, and were going to wipe out all other humanity in the wastes. That makes me assume the Enclave housed the greatest rulers and minds. But not necessarily the greatest and best people. :wink:
FLEA
SDF!
SDF!

Post by FLEA »

well how about the idea that u could play with diferent races humans, ghouls, supermutants , deathclaw
Our Host!