Ragnarök

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Its not a bad tune but honestly Francis, are you gay? Just curious.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Did not know that about Phillips, though the similarities are apparent, at least on that album.

And since Univers are too modern how about downright medieval? ;)
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Gryphon sounds awesome, I'll be downloading some soon.

Pressure points
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

S4ur0n27 wrote:
PiP wrote:lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhpGoo2IwiI
wait for the dancer
That bass and sax are awesome though. Wish I was 35 years older and lived the '70s D:
That stuff is awesome, been listening to it for days now.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Good thing bout ole Camel is, even in their sucky albums there's always a total standout track. Pressure points for one.

And on Gryphon, you got 1st album for total medieval, ye olde fans usually prefer Midnight Mushrumps, and the critic liked Red Queen to Gryphon 3 at the time. I'd suggest About As Curious As It Can Be to start, recent live album with great sound (unlike the 70's stuff) and surprisingly perfect musicianship from a bunch of "old guys". ----actually it was recorded in the 70's but only released in '02 so there goes that idea.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Come next year I'll have this here blasting on my headphones at work and my brain melting. Anyone need a corpse on the 1st can get royally fucked.
Rock n' roll.

Trippy 2011 brahs :drunk:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Tofu Man wrote:Come next year I'll have this here blasting on my headphones at work and my brain melting. Anyone need a corpse on the 1st can get royally fucked.
Rock n' roll.

Trippy 2011 brahs :drunk:
Absolutely awesome.

Try this or this.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

I confess I prefer this version of Ethelion to the original (really, About as curious as it can be (live album) is awesome). Unquiet is a perfect lament if I've ever heard one. Haunting.

Anyways, something tells me I made a find worth sharing. Right up your alley, maybe?

Frenchman Alain Carbonaire and his band Wurtemberg made a couple of prog albums in the 80's, Rock Fantasia Opus(era) 9 and 10. 10 is crap, at least to my tastes but 9 is, well, pretty much the best "new" prog I've heard since Ragnarok. Last half of the album isn't as good as the first, unfortunately.

Tracks 1, 2 and 3 track 3 (7:50) is positively fantastic

Whole shebang
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Cimmerian Nights wrote:You mention prog and Montreal and I think Voivod (albeit progressive metal). I was never a big fan, but I had a copy of Nothingface back in the day and played it to death.
I love that album.

Our Host!