Zero Dark Thirty

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Zero Dark Thirty

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

It's on limited release right now but my local theater had it so I went to go see it last night. The movie is about the search for and the eventual termination of Osama Bin Laden. It's made by the same lady who made the Hurt Locker and the movie has some stars in it but no one huge named in the lead as I didn't know the girl in the lead at all.

Anyways the movie seems like an accurate portrayal of the search for Osama and they actually start the first scene in 2004 and work there way up to 2011 later in the movie. I thought the movie was well done and wasn't a pro Obama political movie like I thought i was going to be. The ending when they invade Osama's place was done really well and wasn't abridged much so they showed the whole process when they got there which I really liked.

I would recommend the film.

I also saw Django the week before and that was a pretty good movie so you should see that too.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Finally saw it, liked it. Pooper is pretty much dead on with this one.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I'm always dead on.
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

Liked it, didn't love it. I wished it had a more distinct point of view; the events are presented matter-of-factly and sort of wishy-washy, which would work for a documentary, but for a dramatic film it leaves you wondering what you're supposed to feel, if anything at all. Not that I expect movies to hold my hand and manipulate my emotions, but this one doesn't even point me in a general direction. You walk away suspecting that the director didn't want to ruffle any feathers by taking a hard and fast stance for or against the hunt for Obama, torture, terrorism, or counter-terrorism in any way.

Also, I just don't get the fuss over Jessica Chastain. She spends 90% of the movie gazing pensively into the middle distance, and I don't buy her for a second as a hardened CIA operative. She has the voice and presence of an Applebee's waitress.

Wow, maybe I actually didn't like it.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I liked how it didn't force a point of view on you. It gave you the facts and you kind of have to decide on your own if what they had to do to get to Osama was worth it.

The main chick i didn't think anything special, the part could have been played by anyone.
Our Host!