Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Long story short a game developer who has only made laughably bad games announced about a month after the mod Day Z came out that they were working on their own copycat game that they had actually been working on at least a year in advance, so Day Z is actually copying them.

They ported everything from their last game over and didn't change anything but adding zombie bots. Hackers are rampant and their only way to combat them is to mass ban thousands of people at a time hoping they get the hackers when they do it.

The people that get banned have to buy a new copy of the game, and coincidentally they ban players who have tons of hours invested in the game so they'll probably buy another copy.

The game had a rocky start since its inception, everyone was saying it was a scam, and the only people defending it are folks who would profit from the game selling well.

And when it came out yesterday on Steam, surprise everyone, it was a scam and Valve blocked people from purchasing it and offered refunds to everyone who bought it.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I just kind of really started playing Dishonored, the game seems pretty good and I'm getting a bit of Dues Ex vibe from it. I have to say they did a really good job making the UI and menu work well on PC and I always appreciate that from developers. Only down side is that I hate games that use the middle wheel button down click because the mouse I bought has a really horrible one on it it's a Logitech performance MX and everything else is great on it except that button. I don't want to buy a new mouse because it's a pretty good mouse besides that but that is like the button I always overlook when I get a new mouse. With the current low between next generation consoles I suspect that we will be getting a lot more really good PC ports.

After hearing a lot of good things about Far Cry 3 I told my mom to get it for Xmas but I told her to get it for Xbox360 since I don't really like sending people on fools errands trying to a find a game for the PC at a store since a lot of the regular stores like Gamestop don't really stock them very much. As of right now though I'm doing most of my gaming on PC, I didn't think I would be doing that since it's been a long time but I'm really liking it and it's kind of sparking the magic again.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
SenisterDenister

Originally Dishonored was going to be a PC only indie game on the Source Engine before Bethesda bought out the developers if that explains anything.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Playing Dead Island GOTY now and it's pretty good. Using a custom config program and turning off all the console features you have a fairly addictive open world zombie survival game. The engine has a few quirks such as opening/closing doors and randomly picking up items, but overall I'm having a fun time. I have 19 hours in and according to the main menu I'm a little over 50% done.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Only down side is that I hate games that use the middle wheel button down click because the mouse I bought has a really horrible one on it it's a Logitech performance MX and everything else is great on it except that button.
Same thing with my Logitech performance MX. I don't use it for gaming anymore :(
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Unity of Command. Turn-based strategy game set in the Eastern Front. It's pretty good, got meself a few 'Brilliant Victories', which inflates the ego a bit. Rumanian and Italian troops really suck compared to their Germanic allies so just use them to capture strategic points. Or just play as the Soviets and bust the fascists up and make them swallow a cyanide capsule in standard far right wing butthurt that's seen even today.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Playing LA Noire. So far the game's less exciting than what I hoped for but I'm loving the setting and the music. Driving past a cinema I saw they were showing 'The Big Sleep' :drunk:
PiP

Post by PiP »

SenisterDenister wrote:Originally Dishonored was going to be a PC only indie game on the Source Engine before Bethesda bought out the developers if that explains anything.
haha is that what happened? I don't follow games scene closely these days but that's so typical.. Did the game get hurt in the process?
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Medieval 2 Total War, Third Age total conversion mod with a couple submods added on for appeal. Been playing this for the last 2 months.
Cow Cud is a twin.
SenisterDenister

The guys behind Gentlemen of the Row for Saints Row 2 released a beta for their Saints Row 3 mod. Does some well needed optimization fixes and adds a few things. Pretty nice so far, so I'm replaying that.

A friend gifted me United of Command, I had my eye on it when it first came out. It reminded me of something like if Axis and Allies and Hearts of Iron had a baby and focused solely on the Eastern Front. A lot more Axis and Allies than HOE, but a fun game nonetheless. There needs to be more turn-based games out there.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Deadlight in one word? Meh.

All it does is make me want to play gd'ol PoP instead. Or Trine. Or Flashback. Or 2D Mirror's Edge. Or Canabalt. Or any of about a hundred platformers that're better animated, actually challenging, more responsive and more satisfying to play than this. Impressive backgrounds, but that's basically it, at least in the first 2 hours or so.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Assault on reality 04115b.

Post by Blargh »

A fine game (for <strike>epileptics</strike> everyone), oh yes.

And it looks as though THQ is thoroughly fucked. Just hope that Saints Row and Volition go to a good home . . .

Also, new Torment ? :hyper:

:drunk:
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

hearts of iron 3

Marine and engineer brigades with AA support makes a good division along with an armored division of mechanized and self propelled rocket artillery and medium tanks. land domination whoya
SenisterDenister

The new Torment won't have MCA working on it, as far as I know none of the original writers would be working on it.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Moustache acquired !

Post by Blargh »

No. No. Okay. :drunk:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

YOUR MOTHER SUCKS TERRIBLE NAMING CONVENTIONS.

Post by Blargh »

Also, Witch3r confirmed. :hyper:

:drunk:
Splatterpope
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Splatterpope »

Have they caught Molyneuxitis or are they really going to make it 30 times larger than TW2?
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Omerta - City of Gangers demo.

It's preety good.
SenisterDenister

Omerta looks pretty fun, but Jagged Alliance 2 had gone on sale on GOG over the weekend so I snagged that. Between that and Mechwarrior Online I'm pretty set for now.
Splatterpope
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Splatterpope »

I completely lost interest in MWO when they implemented the grind. Are they any better at balancing, or are gausscats and medium lasers still the only worthwhile weapons?

I'm on a survival binge at the moment. Just installing Miasmata now, no idea what it's like other than you can dual wield fruit and make medicine.

Been playing roguelikes very heavily the past few months - Cataclysm is a fantastic post-apoc survival roguelike, and I hope they put more time into it.

Dungeon Crawl and Dwarf fortress are always favourites. Made a fortress that lasted no more than 5 minutes, as after I dug a channel and told my dwarves to dump excess stone into it, one fellow wandered into it and was promptly crushed by the other dwarves burying him with boulders. Then the rest of the dwarves took it upon themselves to retrieve his possessions, and suffered the same fate. So much blood.

Also playing that neo-scavenger thing. Still enjoying it, but more than anything it's making me want to make a mod to add content to it.
Our Host!