Getting there...

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Getting there...

Post by jimmypneumatic »

News from the new world, first things first: This went into effect. :dance:

Oh yea, and we still have Obama. Moving on to more important matters. At least we don't have to pay hundreds of dollars for a 'doctor' to take a quick glance, have us sign some paperwork for his time, and give the ok to have our medical marijuana license (for another hundred dollars) anymore. And now cops can concentrate on real drug busts, although they'll probably have fun picking up people that think you can still smoke pot on the street or while you're driving.

Even though it's only in CO, I still think they'll try to sell for street price, meaning a pack of joints could cost you over 100$, that alone could mean distribution will be limited. As far as growing your own, I am almost positive you still need your medical license.

Last but not least, industrial hemp, suffered for centuries because of it's more potent smokable cousin, finally making a return. Who knows how many countless irreplaceable rare strains of rain forest flora could have been saved if we had just used hemp paper? And don't forget all the kids into autoerotic asphyxiation could have done so in comfort with a soft rope made from hemp.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

We had the marijuana thing come up in California, I forget if it passed or not but I honestly don't think it's something we should legalize. This might sound simplistic but I think all it will do is make it easier for people to get lazier and unproductive. Do you really need to get high? Get a job you hippie.

It might save money and I guess lessen the burden on law enforcement (I don't know how large the burden is) but I feel it's a moral issue. Legalizing marijuana just feels wrong and I keep seeing an image of some college kids getting high.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

You are right. Most of the people that smoke pot are lazy and unproductive, so are most of the drunks I've met. I would have been overjoyed about this a few years ago, was big into pot, and this would have saved me a lot of cash. But back then, legal or not, I would have found a bag either way. Even before medical pot, I was able to purchase even cheaper weed via the Mexican swag that used to be around. That stuff was bad, who knows what was in it? I found a cigarette but in a half ounce chunk that I bought once. Medical pot made it so they couldn't sell that crap anymore, and that's a good thing.

Now I don't really want to anymore, it blurs my memory and clouds my thinking. People that do drugs of any kind are just running from something, personally the fears that I was trying to forget about caught up to me and I honestly don't think I could see myself being happy living bowl to bowl like I used to. But this is the land of "freedom". Why can't I choose to smoke or not if I feel the need? If I can't do that, and it's not readily available to buy illegally, I'll just find another vice. The gateway drug arguement is bunk too, what really got me into drugs was a combination of peer pressure and angst brought on by tensions of adolescence. Pot was there, sure, but it was just as 'cool' to support a healthy cigarette smoking addiction.

Even though I do not smoke now, I support this. Not so other hippies can get high, but so we can tax the ass out of them while they do it. If there was ever a time to find new sources of money for the people, it would be now. They only made it illegal in the first place because everyone with money in the 30's had everything to benefit and nothing to lose by doing as such. Hell, after WWII crystal methanphetamine was prescribed for headaches and bored housewives right along side hipsters getting beaten and arrested for smoking a doob. It's stigma, taboo, if you take that away and it's just another passtime like drinking beer... I really don't see anytihing wrong with that.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:We had the marijuana thing come up in California, I forget if it passed or not but I honestly don't think it's something we should legalize. This might sound simplistic but I think all it will do is make it easier for people to get lazier and unproductive. Do you really need to get high? Get a job you hippie.

It might save money and I guess lessen the burden on law enforcement (I don't know how large the burden is) but I feel it's a moral issue. Legalizing marijuana just feels wrong and I keep seeing an image of some college kids getting high.
Your such a square.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Our Host!