Popular Science

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Popular Science

Post by VasikkA »

I want to read scientific stuff. You know, planets and shit.

Which weekly/monthly science magazine should I subscribe to?

:?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Don't pay for this mango, subscribe to the interweb?
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

go hardcore and find a scientific periodical instead of capitalist dribble "science" magazines.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Basically I need something to read while taking a dump and a scientific periodical would only make me constipated.

I've read some books in the last couple of years and would like to be updated on what's going on in partickle physics and the human genome. :aiee:

I'm considering Scientific American. Thoughts?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I don't know, but isn't this kind of stuff a bit heavy for taking a dump? I usually read light stuff I can get into fast.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I guess it depends on the dynamics of your bowels. I usually take two 10-15 minute stints daily. Should be enough time to read a 2-4 page article with pretty pictures.

When I go on a dump it goes on autopilot anyway so focusing on other activities, such as reading, should be no problem. Also, that's why I asked for a popular science magazine and not some fucking Encyclopaedia.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

I usually go wit a sudoku, myself. :duckie:

Although I must say the measure of cerebral exercise is quite low and I wouldn't mind other parts of my brain tickled rather than the "find wally" part that the puzzle simulates.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Scientific American is sure to loosen your bowels.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Tieteen Kuvalehti D;
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Sorry I haven't been doing those science news posts anymore. I miss them and the conversations, but I'm really fucking busy these days. I'll get back to it as soon as I can
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Stay busy, Manolio.

Thanks for your inputs bros. So I decided to go for Scientific American. We'll see how that goes. If I instead want to subscribe to a titty magazine (for the articles) I'll ask for your advice.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I've now made a couple of test runs and it works perfectly. The articles are varied and of appropriate length (3-4 pages) with interesting pictures. It takes just enough time to read them as it takes to empty my bowels and one magazine should supply about a month of reading material. Highly recommended. I am shitting and learning at the same time! :joy:
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Sci am is decent. I had a subscription. The economist tho will blow you away. But has no planets.
Our Host!