The Dark Nipples Rising

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

The Dark Nipples Rising

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

It's the final act in the Christopher Nolan trilogy of batman films and probably the most hyped maybe. The whole cast is back with the addition of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman and Tom Hardy as bane. This film is probably the most epic and wide scoped of them all.

With out really going into many details Batman gets back in the game and must defeat bane (lot easier to describe than I thought) but follows the hero cycle a lot more closely (fall and rise). It's really a big film at 2 hours 45 minutes and at times it seems like they are trying for too much instead of cutting it a bit down by leaving some side stories out.

The film has some really amazing moments and then kind of lulls around and then another good scene happens for a bit, but that is usually just how batman movies are. I liked the story they told in this movie quite a bit but the execution in some aspects just didn't feel right like scenes that should have been critical to the movie felt kind of handicapped.

Also I felt kind of bad for Tom Hardy for having to wear the mask because you really can't barely tell who the fuck the actor is and when the voice is all modified it's like he is just a walking figure. He was a cool bad guy though and every time he was in a scene you felt fear because you knew he was so powerful.

Overall, I liked the film and I think most people here will atleast somewhat enjoy it but will probably have quite a bit of complaints. It's not the same type of movie as Begins or TDK but like I said earlier an "epic" super hero movie.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:...it but will probably have quite a bit of complaints.
Too... easy... Must... resist- Aw, fuck it.

Good movie. Very realistic SFX, particularly the guns. Smoke fx were a bit much, tho. Still, taking my mother-in-law to see it tomorrow. :duckie:
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Going to watch it tonight, I'll read your review in earnest then and give you my two cents.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Also, I joked with Wolfman_Walt on instant messenger and told him that Batman dies at the end and he got all pissed. Said he doesn't watch TV so wouldn't have heard the thing from David letterman.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I'm more impressed that people still watch Letterman.

I concur with most of what Pooper had to say - although I'm curious as to what side stories you would have cut, Pooper?
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

I liked it. My room mate told me Hollywood is already working on a Batman reboot now since this story is a closed book.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

SenisterDenister wrote:I liked it. My room mate told me Hollywood is already working on a Batman reboot now since this story is a closed book.
That's a shame. I was hoping that they'd just wait like 10 or so years and do Frank Millers, "Dark Knight Returns."
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Wolfman Walt wrote:I'm more impressed that people still watch Letterman.

I concur with most of what Pooper had to say - although I'm curious as to what side stories you would have cut, Pooper?
We spoke about this online but so the others can know what I say. I don't know if I would have cut things out or maybe just made them flow better into the rest of the movie but that is a common Nolan type of thing. He always brings up some new point in the movie then quickly goes to the next without exploring it much. He really doesn't have time to explore them all that is why I started to think maybe he should have cut them.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

The DVD will probably have like an hour of bonus sceces and then the movie will be complete?

I'm just afraid they'll make a sequel in a few years with Michael Bay as the director and Shia Laboeuf as Batman.
Our Host!