Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I heard Bohemia Interactive had a really good Arma 3 presentation.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Tofu Man wrote:Happened upon a Gamasutra article that's so bitter and cynical, it might as well have been written by me. In fact, I'm kinda jealous it wasn't, except that'd imply actually having attended the E3 (yuck). Worthy of a front page reply of sorts, only there's nothing much that needs be added. I'll just leave it here.

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/172088/F ... lusion.php
Like he says himself, it took him an awful long time.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Awesome, I can now have a legit version D;

The game also hides a bunch of surprising events/twists that you won't experience on your first game. And the devs are adding stuff with every patch.

I mean, how many games get free content added, devs listening to the fanbase to see what needs to be fixed, what kind of DLC they want, etc? EA should take notes.
My thoughts exactly. I just had to buy the whole thing. 12,50 isn't much for such a great game, especially when there's still one big expansion on the way.
Last edited by Kashluk on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

Just an update. Head to blizzard D3 forum for some quick lulz.

RMAH: Best drama catalyst since George W. Bush.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Diablo 3 is such a disappointment D: I wonder how Blizzard could do that and still think they'd get away with it.

I mean, they removed character customization by removing the skill tree the capacity for the player to put points in attributes, and made grinding and finding loot the focal points of the game by making the top difficulty level impossible. Now, it wouldn't be so bad if you had to play to find loot, now you can just buy it?

So all you do is grind to level up? This is like a cheap WoW, which is saying a lot.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Wow, Diablo 3 is complete bullshit. In order to use the real-money auction house, you need to use Paypal, and to use Paypal with your battle.net account, you need to give them your cellphone number. If you don't have a cellphone, they force you to buy a stupid keychain authenticator for $6,50!

I dont have a cellphone, I don't want one, and I don't want their stupid authenticator D: Now I can't sell my loot for 2 bucks :(
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

See?
Now I can't sell my loot for 2 bucks
The thing that makes my stomach churn is people are selling, and getting, well over 100 fold that number for a single item.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Money, money, yo. You remember the story of people selling lvl 60 WoW characters for tens of thousands of USD$, right? The Koreans who were making it a living?
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

Yea, you're right I suppose I'd rather have some pimply coke bottle glasses nerd from America have that money rather than feed the business of Chinese gold farming.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

GOATS IN COATS ON BOATS

Post by Blargh »

Saints Row Goes Fourth is looking to be pretty grand. YES. :drunk:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Wow, Diablo 3 is complete bullshit. In order to use the real-money auction house, you need to use Paypal, and to use Paypal with your battle.net account, you need to give them your cellphone number. If you don't have a cellphone, they force you to buy a stupid keychain authenticator for $6,50!

I dont have a cellphone, I don't want one, and I don't want their stupid authenticator D: Now I can't sell my loot for 2 bucks :(
First off, you shouldn't be using the real money auction house. Doing that is just shaming you as a gamer. The moment I start buying virtual gear for my character is the day I will stop gaming. Even just selling your stuff for money seems kind of stupid.

Also, how can you live in this age with out cell phone mang? Even if you don't like them you kind of need them. You can go to a payphone and text your love thang about what you're doing.

Either way, I'm like level 59 in D3 and it's still my first character but it seems like inferno is a real bitch because a lot of people are still playing their inferno characters going on since the game came out. I've never played inferno yet but it definitely feels like it's a real test of how good your gear is lawl.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:
S4ur0n27 wrote:Wow, Diablo 3 is complete bullshit. In order to use the real-money auction house, you need to use Paypal, and to use Paypal with your battle.net account, you need to give them your cellphone number. If you don't have a cellphone, they force you to buy a stupid keychain authenticator for $6,50!

First off, you shouldn't be using the real money auction house. Doing that is just shaming you as a gamer. The moment I start buying virtual gear for my character is the day I will stop gaming. Even just selling your stuff for money seems kind of stupid.

Also, how can you live in this age with out cell phone mang? Even if you don't like them you kind of need them. You can go to a payphone and text your love thang about what you're doing.
I don't want to buy gear with my money mang, but I'm unemployed and felt that selling some gear for a few bucks could pay back the sixty bucks I've thrown in the garbage for this game D:

Same thing for a cellphone, I'm unemployed, plus I hate them, so there's no way I'm getting one. Plus, cellphones prices are way too expensive around here. What uses are they anyway? I have a phone at home, that's more than enough.
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

War of the Roses Alpha. So far it looks pretty good visually. Needs a lot of work to be able to compete with Mount & Blade on the gameplay however. A bit static, hit-detection and collisions are pretty funky and not to mention you can pass through enemies but not allies.

Will probably be pretty enjoyable as a final product.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Same thing for a cellphone, I'm unemployed, plus I hate them, so there's no way I'm getting one. Plus, cellphones prices are way too expensive around here. What uses are they anyway? I have a phone at home, that's more than enough.

Pants?? What do you use them for anyway? Nonsense!
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

My thoughts exactly. I wish I was a damned Scot.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

"Hombre Prospero"? D:

And in a case of "couldn't be any more/less appropriate if I tried", just played dating/torture simulator Beautiful Escape:Dungeoneer.

If not for shortness and the whole "being a RPGmaker game" aspect, this could've been quite the thing. Heck, it is, if only for the plot and the magnificent slap it rewards you with at the end. Doubly so if you end it like I did, but I'll spare you the details, so as to refrain from speaking about the combination of chainsawing someone's leg off and using ropes to prolong the affair. Also, spoilers. Because it is absolutely worth it regardless of how squeamish ye be. And I'm quite the squeamster. Maybe not anymore, tho. :duckie:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

No cat hair moustaches in sight . . .

Post by Blargh »

Heard Mad World and promptly uninstalled. What a shame.

Finished Resonance a short while ago, strongly recommended to anyone who yearns for a high quality adventure game. :drunk:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

God I love those Full Throttle-like games.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

TRAIN HERMITAGE

Post by Blargh »

Holy fuck The Last Express on GoG for $2.39 (for another 6ish hours). Arguably one of, if not the best, adventure game(s) ever made. :drunk:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Kashluk wrote:
S4ur0n27 wrote:Awesome, I can now have a legit version D;

The game also hides a bunch of surprising events/twists that you won't experience on your first game. And the devs are adding stuff with every patch.

I mean, how many games get free content added, devs listening to the fanbase to see what needs to be fixed, what kind of DLC they want, etc? EA should take notes.
My thoughts exactly. I just had to buy the whole thing. 12,50 isn't much for such a great game, especially when there's still one big expansion on the way.
I've got to bump this thing. This game absolutely rocks. My dynasty began with the duchy of Munster and the current ruler just became the king of Ireland, Wales and... Jerusalem.

Our Host!