Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

space child wizard lied shepard died

Post by Blargh »

SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I'm laughing for real right now.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I haven't played ME3 but everyone has been bitching about the ending and I've been trying to avoid reading into it because I'm going to play it soon. From that pictures I think I gather what there talking about and it's funny.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

touché, biowarts

Post by Tofu Man »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:it's funny
Funny is about as big an understatement as you're likely to make but I guess you'll realise this when you <strike>finish the game</strike> get bored with the game and watch the endings on youboob.

I'm starting to think I love the ending(s) (??!?!?), if only for providing for brilliant comedy. :drunk:
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Hahahha Blargh! Nice find.

PS: Ahh..This thread....

PPS: Or not...
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

...and the swedish man knows how it feeEeeEEeeeEEEeels...

Post by Tofu Man »

And where was this dedication when you had to do that 3 page essay on turkish civil rights movements circa 974BC? Remind you of the title of a certain shakespearean comedy yet? :drunk:
Username wrote:PPS: Or not...
Good lord, man. You DO know there's more to this thread than this very page, yeah? That "Previous" button over on the right? It's not just there for show.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

All I saw were the ramblings of a madman and in there somewhere I saw the mention of DA 2 and dismissed the whole post as utterly :bored:

But yeah, now that analyze them in depth I see the mention of Mass Erecto, how could I have missed that :crazy:

PS: Holy fuck what a text. Indeed...am I supposed to read that now instead of study for the exams that are tomorow? Dedication....

But on an other note, damn this game seems to have mattered alot to some people... People seem to have loved the series. Loved it to the point where despite taking the good commanders cock up their arse they are still begging him not to leave and hoping that he can change... :drunk:
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Lights. Camera. MUZYKA!

Post by Tofu Man »

Read all that? God no. Just take it as a cautionary tale of what happens when dumb and Dr. dumber break up after years of wild sessions of homoerotic sex and delusions of intelect and grandeur. Also an example of why you should switch sidewalks when you see a bioware fan/employee walking your way.

Mattered a lot to some people? So did the khmer rouge. I hear Pol Pot insisted on being called Dr. :duckie:

Trying out the AoD public beta... some insight later. Check it- http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/96459/ ... ublic-beta
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Fucks: insufficient.

Post by Blargh »

Rolled an assassin. Stole into the palace and murdered some guards and then wore some bloodied armour as a cunning disguise for the sake of an audience, then <strike>was imprisoned for being insufficiently killy</strike> convinced the generalissimo that I had granted him a favour by pruning his incompetents. Then went and proxied some raiders into killing some other people at a mine. Defaulted on payment and killed the sole surviving bandit leader. Failed to switch on a smelter ? It's pretty cool, so far.

Combat's pleasantly challenging. Solid writing. Nice music and graphics. A bit too much undisclosed dialogue teleportation, though, and crafting throwing weapons one by one was quickly abandoned as tedious. Could definitely do with a batch option.

Going to try a loremaster build next, wonder if the abyss is available in the beta ? Want to put that gasmask to use. Looking forward to Thursday. :drunk:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

LOTS OF SHITTY MUSIC FOR EVERYONE

Post by Blargh »

Bioware scramble in wake of new ending DLC leak. Ahahaha. :drunk:
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Poignant shitty music? HA HA(!)

Post by Tofu Man »

I went with praetorian. Accomplished quite a bit with my rugged good looks and general persuasion until I met an untimely end trying to storm the mine on my lonesome self. Nice death descriptions.

Writing is decent (and oh so welcome after a bioware game) but characters seem to be a bit indistinguishable. Still your interaction with them is too much too short to make such a claim seriously and the liberties taken with cursing are a breath of fresh air. Gameplay wise, the whole thing is reminiscent of those "choose your own adventure" books, like D&D and those other ones (infinite adventures?) written by Ian Livingstone (?), having you teleported from dialogue to dialogue without any freedom to piss about. Although I'd imagine such a thing can be a fault of the beta and not how it's going to end up, I can't say I dislike it. Keeps the focus on some very skill influenced dialogue bits, which are excellent. On the hub you can use your map as auto-travel which is good if the area is to be as sterile as it seems, which isn't necessarily bad, as breaking every goddamn box in a new map to get items might have been acceptable in NWN but isn't something I'd like to be spending hours on today.

Combat is hard, and not really something you want to engage unless you have good odds and a sufficient degree of specialization in. And that is really good, it forces you to pick your fights carefully and pursue other ways to solve problems. As for the fight engine, quarters seem cramped and the square layout makes them even smaller, which seems to limit at least bows and Xbows quite a bit. Further playing is required but what I think at the time is that it helps things getting further out of hand. One 1vs5 fight had 2 cpu opponents just stare at me while 3 others pounded the shit out of me, but then again I can't say it doesn't make sense. 1vs3 should be pretty much game over in any sort of situation. The rest of combat is good. Variety in attack modes, they all work well and to different effects. Some very satisfying kill animations.

Sound and graphics are unspectacular. The gfx engine seems to be too heavy in producing such average quality. Music is little more than adequate but doesn't irritate. Loading times are slow but then that's probably my fault.

Really looking forward to try out a couple more builds, the small stints I did with loremaster and assassin seem to indicate the beta story is the same to all characters but with different starting points and solutions, which is exactly how <strike>I like it</strike> it should be.

So far, thumbs definitely up. :drunk:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Furball. Heh.

Post by Blargh »

This is looking pretty good. Runs on a tweaked Freespace 2 engine, with a mouse stand in for the traditional stick. Controls all over the keyboard. Practically in sepia. Even an in character manual. Haven't played much yet, but looks promising. :drunk:
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

I've been revisiting my Command & Conquer games, Dawn, RA2, Tiberian Sun, the whole shebang - and I had also ordered Kane's Wrath for my dusty old copy of 3 which I reinstalled for the first time since I first purchased it on release. Turns out Kane's Wrath is actually a lot better than 3 and feels a lot more like a Tiberian title in the series over the vanilla game. Been playing LAN matches with my room mate in Zero Hour and 3 and stuff.

I've always had mixed feelings about Generals. If they had never put the C&C title on it I think I would have liked it a lot more since it doesn't play like any of the previous titles or have anything to do with the previous games in the franchise, but by itself its always been a solid and pretty well balanced RTS.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Please try Command and Conquer Generals online gameplay.
It is an adventure like no other.

On the positive side the amount of tweaking and modding that has been done inside the maps is great. Almost on par with SC1-2. "Survival" maps are really fun. You start with limited resources, can only build one resource building and you gain resources by killing the enemy. So its an endless circle until someone dies.

On the bad side (depending on how you view it) is the cheating.
This is the single most cheat infected game in the world.
EA has completely given up support/banning/fixing the cheating since several years back. There exist so powerful cheats and exploits that are unparalell in other games. We are talking about so many cheats and exploits that official tournament games now allow for some of them as a measure of skill. Such as one where doing rapid markings on the map can show structures in fog of war.

At one point I got so sick of it that I downloaded the most powerfull cheat engine known in that game after several days of browsing the net. At the start of every game I would tell people I had it and would rape turn it on if they cheated. The tool is so powerfull it can crash a game for everyone if used.

Other interesting things like spam super weapon exploit or waypoint cheat exist as well with your usual maphacks. There are public black lists and publicly listed games that "allow cheats" but more fun than anything are the anti-cheat maps and cheat-maps.

The Anti-Cheat maps work and play like ordinary maps but can themselves detect irregularities in the game. Upon detection of such irregularities the player who is creating them is nuked, bombed, scuded, particle-cannoned and basically utterly destroyed. It's quite fun to watch.

The Cheat-maps are funny to. Because the custom map scene is so large you will sometimes stumble on these cheat maps. They look fair because the preview map doesn't show you the imbalances. In these cheat maps the creators give themselves an enormous advantage in crates. Suddenly the game can start lagging massively and you see a front of 1000 tanks going against your base. Oh jolly good...Doesn't help how many missile defenders you have, they will drive over them...

Of course then you use your extreme cheat tool and crash the game.
Why do you care if you loose? Because playing custom maps adds up to your real win-loss ratio and nobody will have you in their team if its to low.

But yeah you get tired of this cat and mouse game after some time...
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Re: Lights. Camera. MUZYKA!

Post by Username »

Tofu Man wrote:Read all that? God no. Just take it as a cautionary tale of what happens when dumb and Dr. dumber break up after years of wild sessions of homoerotic sex and delusions of intelect and grandeur. Also an example of why you should switch sidewalks when you see a bioware fan/employee walking your way.

Mattered a lot to some people? So did the khmer rouge. I hear Pol Pot insisted on being called Dr. :duckie:

Trying out the AoD public beta... some insight later. Check it- http://www.atomicgamer.com/files/96459/ ... ublic-beta
If it wasn't for the horrendous Rune-Escape-esque graphics of 1:st generation 3D - RPG's I would. The interface and dialouge looks good from the screenies. I just can't take a person serious when their head looks like a potato, their eyes like dirt on the potato, their hands like Fallout potatoes, their feet like baked potatoes and so forth.

I'll take that back. Was reading a lets play from 2008:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=82

The new graphics today aren't to bad...especially not outdoors.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

EEZO CAUSES CANCER

Post by Blargh »

OBSERVE WHAT I HAVE ENDURED FOR YOU UNGRACIOUS POLTROONS

Seriously though. PA : Suffer the little children a lack of consoles (because we do not want to tacitly endorse a protest, which we disagree with vehemently, that has prompted 80 thousand dollars being thrown at our pet charity).

Hilarious. :drunk:

J.Q - Despite the content of the link claiming otherwise, if anyone believes there to be absolutely no corporate pressures involved in this decision, all that I care to respond with is : ahahahahaha.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

TIN FOILS EVERYWHERE

Post by Blargh »

OR PERHAPS THEY SIMPLY HAVE NO STAKE IN THIS ISSUE AND/OR DO NOT WANT STORMFRONT/ET AL TO GET ANY WONDERFUL IDEAS :aiee:

:drunk:
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Are you suggesting symbiosis, Dr? -No. Get off me, you tit.

Post by Tofu Man »

I say, old chap, you've been mighty conspiratory as of late, have you not? Regardless, my experience with "charities" or rather, the person(s) running them, dictates that either they're prepared to smile and accept a golden tooth off of a decapitated head from the victim of a mafia hit, or they're not doing a good enough job. A lesson soon learned by any bleeding heart is that charitable deeds always demand some measure of compromise. This denial, this quasi-cowardly rejection of the mere implication of collusion with the lowliest of subhuman life-forms (those hideous entitled gamers) quite obviously suggest some other type of "friendship". As if a a few pennies from a bunch of angry internet denizens could ever hope to compete with a million dollar "contribution" from a gaming major. If a studio not competent enough to produce any but the most abominable examples of computer games is worth 750 of them aforementioned millions, so must a single one be worth stopping a PR nightmare on its tracks. Quite frankly, it'd be worth it just to troll the fuck out of a group of particularly flammable heretics.

Anyway, keep "holding the line", cads, you'll be all the easier to bury in artillery shells. :duckie:

END OF RINE?

-----------

^RINE ENDETH UP THAR
Last edited by Tofu Man on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

ALSO ALSO ALSO. ALSO. AAAAAALL SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Post by Tofu Man »

Also CCG is a good game, yes. More G than CC but more OMG good than WTF OMG. Until the AI goes into "fuck you" mode and decides to start cheating. Hilarity ensues.

Also, Zero Hour is probably the most unreliable application I've had the pleasure of running in all my years of computing. Crashes in this, crashes in that, slowdown galore, the cheaty AI, the sound that bugs out and doesn't bug back in even if you reinstall... Too bad the game is good fun and absurdly replayable otherwise I'd have thrown the fucking disc into the fireplace.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

They call me the three-peater. They're retarded.

Post by Tofu Man »

HO HO HO, it seems christmas has come early for you lot, and when I say you lot, I mean mostly just Blargh.

Funniest shit I've read in a long time.
If it turns out to be true, it'll go from fun to the fucking loltosphere.
Our Host!