New Text Sprites!

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

New Text Sprites!

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

As I sit here smoking a Cohiba cigar in celebration of a new world of potential in Mapping, I am going to share the first couple of creations with anyone who wants them. Go download these two beauts to take speech to a new level.

www.execpc.com/~yance/Fallout/yes.spr

www.execpc.com/~yance/Fallout/no.spr

Here is how you use them:

1. Make an actor entity set to Unique Other race. Make sure that under "Actor Status" hit points you enter a positive value of say 30 otherwise the entity will be dead and won't work. Import the sprite as the image and save them as yes.ent or no.ent.

2. Make a speech in your speech.txt file for each of them:

Yes_1speech = {Yes!}
No_1speech = {No!}

3. Open the level editor and go to the speech editor. Add a node for each of them as required. Set the default events to use them to trigger the speech node of an NPC. (If you need more detailed instructions on this - just ask)

4. On the map just drop them in off the map someplace as scenery - index 0. Set the click speech for each one to the appropriate node. Make a waypoint for each one in the necessary spot in the map where you will have an interaction with an NPC. Also make another waypoint off the map to get rid of them when you are done.

5. Make your triggers to have them appear when needed and to make them disappear.

Hopefully you will see the potential here and if there are any requests for other text or improvements, let me know! Enjoy.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Hey, nice work, JJ86!

Now you just need to make a program that makes customized versions of these (i.e. the user types in what the want a .spr out of, and *poof*)

:)
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Our Host!