Red Faction: Armageddon

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Red Faction: Armageddon

Post by Stalagmite »

Lovin' this game so far def worth a Steam purchase if you got some funds kickin' around. Fun as hell destructable environments n shit with a much better story and much more straightforward game than the Guerrilla.

If you're lookin' for a new game where you just wanna cause mayhem and destroy shit not just organic beings but structures to you know here it is plenty of opportunities for that.

There's aliens underground in Mars your jobs to fuck 'em up before some evil dude gets hold of them for his armies it's lookin' like that's how it's goin' so far you know.

Def recommend at this point
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Waiting till Red Orchestra 2 comes out before I get another game.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Mad Max RW wrote:How is it compared to the first Red Faction because it's the only one I played and moderately enjoyed.
Well let's just say that I "moderately enjoyed" the first one as well but thought the other ones sucked bat shit. Somehow, though, this one is fun. Bioshock-like upgrades and shit with a Deadspacey atmosphere, but you can fuck up all the structures and shit and make them fall on enemies and you find hidden salvage for upgrades in the shit you destroy altogether making it encouraging to go on destructable rampages you know overall combat is satisfying.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Guerilla was pretty cool, this one I haven't been watching but I guess I'll have to get it.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Guerilla was pretty cool, this one I haven't been watching but I guess I'll have to get it.
yeah man most def, there's definitely some fun to be had there, and I hate to see a decent game get stepped over. it's pretty long, and gets hard pretty quick (lol dick jokes!). If you liked Deadspace and Red Faction: Guerrilla you should definitely dig this.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

This game's the madnote way better then the previous Red Faction.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

I had a look at some screenies, looked third person to me. Is it? 3rd person action games feel wonky... and the main char looked like a cockrubber.... like some Russian all male cabaret. Not for me I dare say.
Fucking poles.
Our Host!