NEW FALLOUT FROM JAPAN

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

NEW FALLOUT FROM JAPAN

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

<strong>[ Community -> Update ]</strong>

<p>As you all probably already heard there is problems with Japan's nuclear plant after the huge earthquake hit their land. We have the potential to see some real life nuclear stuff like radiation and get a post apoc feeling from the current events.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm not going to link to any specific news item but just to tell you to keep updated on the events in Japan with your favorite news source.</p>
<p>A radiation cloud is supposedly going to come over California so if I come back with another finger you will know why.</p>
<p>What are your guys thoughts on the nuclear problem in Japan?</p>
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Post by Alister McFap II Esq. »

Stock up on iodene tablets. And call that local maniac who has a functioning Fallout shelter. Alternatively buy a shipping container, line it with lead paint, dig a big hole, etc. etc. etc.

This is part of a strategy to take over ze world. That's why japanese have advanced robotics, so they can kill americans over the internet FPS style.
Also, dragons.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Alister McFap II Esq. wrote:Alternatively buy a shipping container, line it with lead paint, dig a big hole, etc. etc. etc.
I was once told by a wise adventurer in life that an old 50's lead lined fridge would survive a nuclear blast, so I imagine just abit of fallout wouldn't hurt you.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Gosh !

Post by Blargh »

It would be a race between asphyxiation and radiation poisoning. Another bet won. :drunk:
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Actually I doubt anything especially dangerous will happen'. A real meltdown prolly wont occur, only a partial one at worst.

I don't quite get what the fuss is about... it's obvios that the quake will have killed more than the radiation, so chill. Just as with the bird flu I bet than within a month a lot of ppl are going to feel a tad stupid..
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

I had hoped "drowning" would be the ultimate vanquisher. :bored:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

They ran out of iodine pills... in Finland D:
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Post by Alister McFap II Esq. »

Well then drink water filtered through moss. The naturally high content of iodine in the moss will give you the edge over the slowly ghoulifiying masses. :survival:
ColoredMSauce
Cakester Alt; I'm going places in life

Post by ColoredMSauce »

Wolfman Walt wrote:
Alister McFap II Esq. wrote:Alternatively buy a shipping container, line it with lead paint, dig a big hole, etc. etc. etc.
I was once told by a wise adventurer in life that an old 50's lead lined fridge would survive a nuclear blast, so I imagine just abit of fallout wouldn't hurt you.
Nope. That myth was busted. It also was done in New Vegas a gag. the body was not alive when you opened the fridge.

Lead can be useful to ward off radiation. the epicenter of a nuclear blast can't be defended against. your shelter has to be at least 1 to 5 miles away. your shelter would also need to be underground for maybe a few files. Your shelter would need springs to with stand the shaking.

when that energy passes through the ground to your fridge, it would smash the fridge and you. mostly you would be with the force of a 747 at maxspeed, per square inch of your body.

you need absorbers between your fridge and the earth. you aren't going to die a hole in time. would be a massive operation. best shot is to find natural geological formations that you can travel deep down into and then setup your radiation shelter with the shock absorbers.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

MOOK wrote:your shelter would also need to be underground for maybe a few files.
AGREED.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

If you can't get Iodine straight, Poops, consider buying kelp pills for a large concentration. They're going to be going quick, but it'll be worth buying some to stave off the cancer
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

snort ionide BAM launch your brain straight into orbit commences three two one right freakin now nuclear blast 2011 fuck the wordld! right guys
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Yeah, like he said. Drink lead paint and coat your coat with iodine, it's the only way to roll in the post-apocapclyptic waistland niggas. Oh, and stock up on fishsticks and shrimp and shit, if you like that sort of thing, pref. dated before the quake. And stay away from mushrooms and berries.

Last I heard we're getting closer to a full-on meltdown buttfuck bonanza every second. Rescue workers getting sick on rads, new fires and explosions ravaging the compound, the idea of recovery abandoned. If it's not overblown media hysteria, then we're talking a contamination of the ocean and a high dose of rads hitting the American West-Coast pronto.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

According to a news article I read but am too lazy to link to, radiation has been found in spinach and milk up to 65 miles away from the leaking power plant in amounts that the Japanese government says are unsafe for human consumption.

While that's bad, it's pretty vague. The way it's worded, it could either be just a tad over the legal limit and thus still relatively harmless, or there could be roving bands of mutated spinach monsters terrorizing the countryside.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Japanese Informative Cartoon about Fukashima Meltdown.

Yes, they must give "Nuclear Boy" his medecine so he does not "poo".
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Redeye wrote:Japanese Informative Cartoon about Fukashima Meltdown.

Yes, they must give "Nuclear Boy" his medecine so he does not "poo".
It's nice to see they take education seriously in Japan.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

Oh thank goodness, they explained it in a way that finally makes sense :GODZILLA:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I'm just glad the real bad poo is too heavy to fly because I'm scared of poo flying right at me.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

DIARRHEA IN CLASSROOM
:goatse:
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Spinach and milk. Two things Japaneses consume in great quantity. Gather ye supply, the radiated hordes are coming and they want dairy.

Also I remember when this one kid had diarrhea during Washington State History class in 10th grade. It smelled terrible and he just sat in his chair and didn't leave at the end of class, thereby singling himself as the poo-er. A bold plan which he stuck to with great determination, even after I think he realized the unintended consequence. Still, I'd like to hear alternate game plans for minimizing the shame of pooping all over yourself in a very public place.
Our Host!