I hate modern day gaming.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Username wrote:

Totally off-topic but why do people buy dog and catfood and babyfood?
All baby food is less energy per buck and contains more addatives.
All cat and dog food is the cheapest meat for a high price.

Why don't people just give dogs real meat or to cats maybe fish.
You can also simply mix what ever is listed on the dog food label.
Mainly because its a lot of work and it's very easy to completely fuck up if you don't know what your doing. There are some nutrients that dogs and cats need that may not be present in the food your giving them, I know cats need taurine and even pet companies sometimes forget to add it or when cooking they destroy it in the process and the cats die after time.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Post by Alister McFap II Esq. »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:
Username wrote:

Totally off-topic but why do people buy dog and catfood and babyfood?
All baby food is less energy per buck and contains more addatives.
All cat and dog food is the cheapest meat for a high price.

Why don't people just give dogs real meat or to cats maybe fish.
You can also simply mix what ever is listed on the dog food label.
Mainly because its a lot of work and it's very easy to completely fuck up if you don't know what your doing. There are some nutrients that dogs and cats need that may not be present in the food your giving them, I know cats need taurine and even pet companies sometimes forget to add it or when cooking they destroy it in the process and the cats die after time.

IN 3, Speech 30 %.
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

A S.P.E.C.I.A.L. joke. Awesome.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Tofu Man wrote:
Stalagmite wrote:You're entitled to your opinion of course, I just ask you don't base all MMO's on WoW. I got bored and tested out a few free to play ones and I found a few quite addictive.
Then shoot, mate. I've already admitted to being strongly biased against any and all MMOs but if you still think you've got something that'll change my mind then out with it. Oh and I'm extremely cheap so take that in mind that you don't suggest something that'll have me pay 120$ for it in a span of 12 months rather than 40 all at once.

On a second note (and I've never played WoW or any other MMORPG for that matter) isn't WoW popular precisely because it is better than the rest?
Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures

Look it's not The Wasteland or FOnline or anything but with 2 years of updates, fixes and an expansion it's worth the free download up until level 20.

I'm having loads of fun with it, reminds me of Gothic 3 on steroids n shit.

Don't care about superheroes n shit so don't mention City of Heroes.

WoW sucks.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

My understanding is WoW isn't popular because it's the best, but because it's lowest common denominator.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Actually, LA Noire is a lot more challenging than it comes off. The first few cases solve themselves, yeah, and it familiarizes you with the system, but after that orientation, the problem is that making the wrong judgement call during an interrogation or missing a single vital clue before questioning will throw you off and either have you pursuing the wrong person, or fucking you up entirely. Also, all the cases are based off of real ones of the forties (be them of LA or not), and like Red Dead Redemption, the overall authenticity is immaculate. Not to mention, this is the first open-world game of this type that I've seen that wasn't just a city surrounded by water; it's a legitimate recreation of LA, with landmarks and such, and takes a considerable amount of time to get from one side of the map to the other. It's a beautiful game.

Also, kudos for including the Ink Spots in the radio soundtrack.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Soundtrack and setting are the most impressive parts. Gameplay leaves something to be desired. It's not really an open world game, it's entirely linear, just played out in a large map. The visual interface may allow any manner of driving to get from point A to B but it's just a different road, you're still going to point B [with the occasional side mission that almost always involves gunning people down in the streets and calling the coroner].
type that I've seen that wasn't just a city surrounded by water; it's a legitimate recreation of LA
It's still a city surrounded by water, streets barricaded and map greyed, it's just a metaphorical water with a physical barrier rather than a literal water with a physical barrier.

Maybe expect a review, since I never got the FO3NV review off the ground.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

I give L.A. Noire 9.4/10.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

rad resistance wrote:I give L.A. Noire 9.4/10.
Why's that? Just seems like a no-online detective game with the prime feature being facial expressions. Some of the content may be pioneering but this is surely not worth buying.

Duke Nukem Forever kthnxbai
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I decided to splurge and buy Dead Space 2 with my last paycheck. The first game wasn't perfect but I found it extremely entertaining, I liked the approach of dismembering the monsters and while not scary (after Amnesia nothing really is anymore) is still a fun experience.

Duke Nukem forever looks good. I'll probably preorder it on Steam the day before it comes out to save me five bucks.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Stalagmite wrote:
rad resistance wrote:I give L.A. Noire 9.4/10.
Why's that? Just seems like a no-online detective game with the prime feature being facial expressions. Some of the content may be pioneering but this is surely not worth buying.

Duke Nukem Forever kthnxbai
After two days play, I admit i wasted good money.
Cow Cud is a twin.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

After six hours of Dead Space 2 I can say that its just as entertaining as the first with some of the problems the first one had being fixed, like not being able to re-use nodes, and I'm practically tripping over them (this of course is on the second to hardest difficulty which I can't unlock until I beat the game). Oh yeah, that last part is a gripe too. If I want to play the hardest difficulty from the get-go I think I should be able to [cough]BROTHERS IN ARMS[/cough].

Its pretty fun so far and the plot is on par with the first, so its not perfect but its not that bad.

The multiplayer is crazy as shit, too. The humans have to follow the maps to finish objectives while the necromorphs have to either kill them or eat them to stop them. I thought it was pretty fun, but apparently people cheat (some guy told me that my first game).

Right now I'll throw out an 8/10.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

I'm saddened that my new (old) computer won't run the game and that my old (new) laptop broke.

Duke Nukem Forever that is.

I'm almost at the point of repairing my laptop.. HD crashed, SD card reader I ripped out, the connection to the screen has been broken and it's in a hundred pieces. But I'll do it.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

SenisterDenister wrote:[cough]BROTHERS IN ARMS[/cough]
:drunk:
Cow Cud is a twin.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

What I don't understand is they rape franchises like Fallout and X-Com and Syndicate to bring them back as action games that piss off the fans, when there's stuff like Carmageddon and Crusader they could redo without ruffling feathers.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Retlaw83 wrote:Carmageddon
THIS. NAO.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Retlaw83 wrote:What I don't understand is they rape franchises like Fallout and X-Com and Syndicate to bring them back as action games that piss off the fans, when there's stuff like Carmageddon and Crusader they could redo without ruffling feathers.
Best thing you've ever said. And believe me, you've said a lot.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Retlaw83 wrote:What I don't understand is they rape franchises like Fallout and X-Com and Syndicate to bring them back as action games that piss off the fans, when there's stuff like Carmageddon and Crusader they could redo without ruffling feathers.
Its all about the benjamins for these people. They don't give two shits about the fans. They only care about getting the game out to a broader audience and making huge amounts of money all they want is to have the same success as the Halo and COD series.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Tofu Man wrote:
Retlaw83 wrote:Carmageddon
THIS. NAO.
You know that saying "be careful what you ask for..." yadda yadda...?

http://carmageddon.com/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/05 ... ie-reveal/

Max Damage is back, bitches. :dance:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

I'd suggest you brace yourselves for disappointment, but it is like breathing around here. :drunk:
Our Host!