Guide to Fallout Tactics Playing and Modding 2010-2011

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
ProsperianMasterian
Cakester Alt; I'm going places in life

Guide to Fallout Tactics Playing and Modding 2010-2011

Post by ProsperianMasterian »

For a downloadable copy.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yq8iia

^ requires open office.
The 2010 Fallout Tactics Reference
by Prosper & Cakester

1. Fallout Tactics as of now is available DRM-free at GOG.com.
2. If you buy the game from GOG.com you should not need an official patch.
3. The startup screen for Fallout Tactics may show 1.26 as the current version, but this incorrect and you likely do have 1.27

Fallout Tactics is not an RPG with speech trees. It is mostly a tactical game. For modders you will discover early on that there is no actual scripting. You are limited to triggers that for the most part won't allow you to do much more than what the standard campaign allowed.

Multiplayer does in fact work to date. However you can only join LAN games. If you want to play with someone outside your LAN you have two options.

1. Install/Create an account with GameSpy Arcade and try to find someone who is online.
2. Search the net for a program by the name Hamachi. Hamachi is proven to work quite well so that players can host/join FOT Multiplayer games.

Caution: Aside from the fact that FOT has been rather lonely in terms of popularity, it is also at times difficult to host or join games through GameSpy Arcade. Your best bet is to ensure you have the 1.27 Patch and the exact version of the mod that the host of the game which you join has.

Very Important for Multiplayer: There will be times where you will want to host. AFAIK you will have to make the decision to configure your router. Firewalls may also need to be disabled entirely but depending on your circumstance you should experiment.

List of the best available Utilities
Redviewer. This program has recently been irretrievable through NMAs mirrors . You should however be able to find it in some form, like winace (.ace extension), in a .zip, or an .msi (installs for you).

Redviewer lets you create new sprites and tiles. There are some limitations, but for the most part it is the best you are going to get for what it does.

Redviewer is a program by Red. No idea where he is these days. But you can find his posts on http://DuckAndCover.cx

Sprite Creator. Sprite Creator is an exceptional tool created by Jarekfall. His latest version is quite recent and is arguably better for creating sprites. It can't however do tiles last I checked.

FT Tools. FT Tools has a feature at the main screen which will let you convert .png files to .zars.
Level Editor is your goto editor for mostly everything when you are actually building your map.
Entity Editor is pretty much everything you could need. Items editing, weapons, actor stats, vehicle stats etc. note: You make entities so that you place them through the level editor.

At this point the information given is enough to get you on your way. The next section is mostly devoted to current gripes and suggestions/demands.

Nevermind I will just post it on Duck and Cover. ;) Happy modding.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

No one gives a fuck you retard.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
ProsperianMasterian

Retlaw83 wrote:No one gives a fuck you retard.
No. The issue is you don't give a fuck. Get off our turf. In your heart you may get pleasure from spouting your lies . But you and DAC are as deep as the parts. You can't sum it.

Really, 5 green circles . Your what? Oh right your shoddy book about a topic far beyond the emotions you sell your sheep.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

The issues are:

1) You are retarded.

2) No one gives a fuck.

3) The circles are yellow. They are radiation signs. Radiation signs are yellow. It is not the world's fault you're too retarded to see colors.

4) This has never been your turf.

5) The book is available for free and is perfectly understandable by normal people - this is probably why you have trouble with it.
- the Vault Dweller
ProsperianMasterian

Retlaw83 wrote:The issues are:

1) You are retarded.

2) No one gives a fuck.

3) The circles are yellow. They are radiation signs. Radiation signs are yellow. It is not the world's fault you're too retarded to see colors.

5) The book is available for free and is perfectly understandable by normal people - this is probably why you have trouble with it.
Multiple choice is for weak minded pips. yes I said pip.
ProsperianMasterian

Retlaw83 wrote:The issues are:

1) You are retarded.

2) No one gives a fuck.

As for choice 3)

Please go fuck yourself.
ProsperianMasterian

and before your nigga ass starts trying to lie about the rainbow.

Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

It's a list, you retard, not multiple choice. Also, the picture you posted clearly shows that the circles are radiation symbols and the contested color is a mustard yellow bordering on brown.
- the Vault Dweller
ProsperianMasterian

Retlaw83 wrote:It's a list, you retard, not multiple choice. Also, the picture you posted clearly shows that the circles are radiation symbols and the contested color is a mustard yellow bordering on brown.

Come on. Come at me again. You know you are wrong.
ProsperianMasterian

Furthermore to top this off. I am going to end this stupid hate you have towards color blinds as you call them.

ProsperianMasterian

hey wtf. until i highlighted the answer i couldn't see NO. but now i do.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Hey retard - I can't read your retard blindness chart, proving I can see just fine. And showing the word green and demonstrating that a computer uses some green while making yellow doesn't give your point an validity.
- the Vault Dweller
ProsperianMasterian

Retlaw83 wrote:Hey retard - I can't read your retard blindness chart, proving I can see just fine. And showing the word green and demonstrating that a computer uses some green while making yellow doesn't give your point an validity.
No you racist jubroni. Look at the color channels. Green has a very defined version. There is in fact green in those nuclear symbols whether you like it or not.

take your trolling as, and your fucking lying cunt Redviewing using bitch ass twoface untrustworthy crackpot attitude and do us a favor by leaving DAC forever.

You know to little to have made anything yourself . I don't care what you personally have spent your balls on. I am telling you you are a fucking fake leeching asswipe and the worse thing sense game designers and corporate greed. you have no concern for true original work. you don't know original. you can paint a very specific pixel over a graphic. fuck u ass nugget. yeah you got a couple different pixels to make it blend. nice job ass whipe. you want to talk about retarded? fucking look at your bitch ass NMA community, you know you suck the balls of everytime you leech their shitty graphics extensions and bear huggin expansion pack for your age old fallout 2 crappy fallout 1 sequel.

fallout tactics did shit right, and i would hang those rebels who started the lets abandon tactcs because its different cult! BITCH YOUR FAULT.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I was almost following you until the part about NMA, which is where it seems you went full retard and started typing random words.

Every color on a computer is made of combinations of colors. Finding a color making up part of another color means nothing. It's like arguing the symbols are red because red makes up part of them.
- the Vault Dweller
ProsperianMasterian

Retlaw83 wrote:I was almost following you until the part about NMA, which is where it seems you went full retard and started typing random words.

Every color on a computer is made of combinations of colors. Finding a color making up part of another color means nothing. It's like arguing the symbols are red because red makes up part of them.
Your art must be this because other art is made up of that.

Sounds familiar.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

The only thing your art is made of is shit.
- the Vault Dweller
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Quit fighting with an autistic troll, Ret.
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Post by Alister McFap II Esq. »

ProsperianMasterian wrote:No. The issue is you don't give a fuck.
I don't give a fuck either... we're already a majority.
ProsperianMasterian wrote:Get off our turf.
What do you mean by OUR? Nobody on this forum would ever side up with you, so it's just YOU yourself.
Get fucking real you little prick. Nobody likes you. Nobody wants you here. Nobody wants you anywhere. Do yourself and society a favour and kill yourself in a painfully slow manner.

Thanks.
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

lololol wrote:Really, 5 green circles .
And here I thought he just had some other skin, but then he proved that it takes some green to make a mustard yellowy-gold color. What color is my avatar?
LOLOLOLO MORE PLEASE.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

Did he say that tactics was better than fallout 2? :drunk: I want his drugs.
Our Host!