old player in need of a refresher course lol

Like Tactics? Found a cool mod for another game that reminds you of Fallout? Playing those crappy spin-off console games called "Fallout"? Discuss here.
BloodGod
Regular
Regular

old player in need of a refresher course lol

Post by BloodGod »

hey! hi!

wow must have been at least 7 or 8 years since i last played FOT : BOS (and logged on DAC lol). i don't care if they say it's non-canon, i think this has got to be my favourite game since Wasteland. i prefer it over fallout 1 and 2.

anyways i'm starting up the SP campaign again, also fooling around with the .ent editor to test some builds, but i've forgotten some rules. would be nice if someone could help me answer some of these questions, web searches did not do the trick.

Sequence- this derived stat is not displayed in ur char window. is it like Fallout based on PE x 2, cos if u read the description on Agility, says AG affects Sequence too in FOT. what about sprite (race) type etc?

Weapon Skills @ 300%- ya i know % above 100 does help vs. long range modifiers, but is it really necessary to raise weapon skills past 200%? if the extra 1% past 200 don't calculate for anything, why would it cost 6 SP to raise. or it this only useful for skills like sneak, with bos power2 on?
my question is specifically on raising skills from 201%-300%.

Sniper- older guides like guiler & sarin seem to indicate sniper is broken. is this really true, and if so, is there an unofficial fix i could download somewhere? i heard the Luck Roll for sniper is 10 x LK%? is this calculation working correctly

HtH Evade- i discovered that this perk calculates only the true unarmed skill value which was invested by SP (minus base, and 20% if tagged), so if let's say ur base is 60% and it is ur tag skill, and u raised it to 300%, it calculates only 1/8 of 220%, not an absolute value from 1% to 300%. this ranges from a bonus of 29 AC to 34 AC. is this intended, and if not, is there a fix. so a guy with ST 1 AG 1 unarmed 300% would be getting a better bonus than a guy with ST 10 AG 10 unarmed 300% ...

Reloading for 0 AP bug (ITB)- hey this bug is still here in 1.27 lol! they fixed that duplication bug using steal window on squadies, but i am shocked u can still reload for free. i mean as in dragging weapon in slot A to slot B, the game treats the weapon as originating from ur inv, so it auto-chambers for 0 AP. is there any unofficial fix for this?

Editor- i am using the game patch version 1.27 1 June 2001, but my editor says it's v1.26. has there been a newer patch or version of the editor released since then?

hey thx for reading this
TONIGHT THE AGE OF MAN COMES TO AN END
godspeed@c4.org
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

You're welcome
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Sequence only applies to gameplay when you switch from Continuous-Turn-Based to Turn-Based.

While I think Tactics perfected the Fallout inventory system, introduced CTB (which seemed a bit more exciting and enjoyable than original turn-based), and made the graphics look much cleaner and fine-toned, the art aesthetic is a bit poor and the writing isn't nearly on the same level as the original two. It's also much more linear than the first two in that speech trees are nonexistent and plot/story options are essentially one choice only.

Tactics had potential to be great but was largely an unfinished project that lost its potential WIN factor because the devs were pressed to meet time constraints.
Shit happens.
Macky
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Macky »

Um you just said that your favorite Fallout was BOS. I guess you meant Tactics but it's too late for you.
2%
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Manoil wrote: Tactics had potential to be great but was largely an unfinished project that lost its potential WIN factor because the devs were pressed to meet time constraints.
Shit happens.
That's the entire history of interplay after Fallout 2. Old news.
Same with Troika.
BloodGod
Regular
Regular

Post by BloodGod »

Yes Manoil but do u know how Sequence is calculated in FOT? Is it still PE x 2? Does race/sprite contribute to it as well? Does AG contribute to it? I ask because it says that in AG's stat description.

I am playing 1.27, I only care for ITB.

Thanks in advance.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

You could try the Manual. Or http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki
BloodGod
Regular
Regular

Post by BloodGod »

hey i remember you lol. wow. long time.

i checked both already actually. nothing specific under Sequence in wiki for FOT, they lumped sequence as a derived stat appearing in the fallout games based on PE x 2. And Kamikaze works differently here.
TONIGHT THE AGE OF MAN COMES TO AN END
godspeed@c4.org
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Stalagmite wrote:
Manoil wrote: Tactics had potential to be great but was largely an unfinished project that lost its potential WIN factor because the devs were pressed to meet time constraints.
Shit happens.
That's the entire history of interplay after Fallout 2. Old news.
Same with Troika.
Including FO2.
Cakester
They call me Bum Tickler

Post by Cakester »

IF i recall Correctly. just press f2 inside your browser window
I been K-lined, G-lined, and Kalvin Klein'd. Nevermind , my kicks, temp bans, perma bans and accusations that i use contraband. i am a hardcore troller, from when i get out of bed, till i fall asleep contemplating the new trolls that lay ahead. 24/7 the net is active, gotta preemptive or be two two puh packive
Our Host!