New Vegas modding.

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
Juromaru
SDF!
SDF!

New Vegas modding.

Post by Juromaru »

So how are we going to improve the few mistakes the devs are making that aren't going to be fixed before release? I'm going to list several and tell me if any of this is possible: Remove Fat Man and all it's ammo entirely. Remove the GMG but keep it's ammo for the M-79. Either remove the solar powered Hammer of Dawn. Or change it so its no longer a weapon. Make third person combat less clunky. Improve overall animations. If you want to list any I missed. Feel free to.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

A big part of what Obsidian has done to improve the engine is to make third person combat less clunky.

I know you're an alt of someone or a lurker troll, so what you're saying doesn't have much impact.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Juromaru
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Juromaru »

Retlaw83 wrote:A big part of what Obsidian has done to improve the engine is to make third person combat less clunky.

I know you're an alt of someone or a lurker troll, so what you're saying doesn't have much impact.
Not really, I'm actually new to the forums. I wanted so badly to join NMA. But alas... they don't accept Hotmail or Yahoo anymore. I figured DAC would be the next best thing. And Obsidian has improved the engine? It doesn't look very different. The animations still appear to be pretty wonky.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

...if your original desire was to join NMA, you've already lost here. Consider signing up for a free email and forward it to your hotmail; DaC likely isn't what you're looking for
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Juromaru wrote:I wanted so badly to join NMA. But alas... they don't accept Hotmail or Yahoo anymore. I figured DAC would be the next best thing.
If by "next best" you mean "clearly superior," you're right. It's also why it's too good for you.
- the Vault Dweller
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

ewwww eNeMA
does this work
Juromaru
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Juromaru »

Manoil wrote:...if your original desire was to join NMA, you've already lost here. Consider signing up for a free email and forward it to your hotmail; DaC likely isn't what you're looking for
Quick question... what email type does NMA accept? Last I checked they don't accept Gmail either. And I must join my fellow Fallout fans. >.>
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Just fuck off and die in a fire.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Juromaru wrote:Quick question... what email type does NMA accept? Last I checked they don't accept Gmail either. And I must join my fellow Fallout fans. >.>
None of us know what email NMA accepts because that website is beneath us. You're also not going to find much Fallout there; it's mainly well-to-do dorks living in their mom's basements talking about European politics.
- the Vault Dweller
Juromaru
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Juromaru »

Retlaw83 wrote:
Juromaru wrote:Quick question... what email type does NMA accept? Last I checked they don't accept Gmail either. And I must join my fellow Fallout fans. >.>
None of us know what email NMA accepts because that website is beneath us. You're also not going to find much Fallout there; it's mainly well-to-do dorks living in their mom's basements talking about European politics.
That's not true... They also talk about how horrible the Gamebryo engine is and how much better Fallout would be had Obsidian bought it when Interplay went belly up. And I thought you guys would be the same. >< Plus, aren't these forums supposed to be like the friendly next door neighbor to NMA?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Yeah, the gamebryo engine is bad. Boofucking hoo, we're stuck with it for at least one more game. As for talking about how much better it would have been if someone else besides Bethesda bought Fallout, that's a lot of overly dorky speculation and heartbreak pining over what could have been.

These forums aren't the friendly next door neighbor to NMA. The difference between NMA and DAC is, NMA is a larger website because they tolerate just about any schmuck that wanders in and go "lololololol" with them, while DAC tends to drive off people with no personality. That makes DAC a smaller, but higher quality website.
- the Vault Dweller
Juromaru
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Juromaru »

Retlaw83 wrote:Yeah, the gamebryo engine is bad. Boofucking hoo, we're stuck with it for at least one more game. As for talking about how much better it would have been if someone else besides Bethesda bought Fallout, that's a lot of overly dorky speculation and heartbreak pining over what could have been.

These forums aren't the friendly next door neighbor to NMA. The difference between NMA and DAC is, NMA is a larger website because they tolerate just about any schmuck that wanders in and go "lololololol" with them, while DAC tends to drive off people with no personality. That makes DAC a smaller, but higher quality website.
Well... then I want to give this site a shot. Since obviously NMA is locked tight with no key under the mat. So what is the proper DAC way to complain about things in F3 or New Vegas that we don't like?
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

F.N.G wrote:proper
Belligerent cretinism. :drunk:
Juromaru
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Juromaru »

Blargh wrote:
F.N.G wrote:proper
Belligerent cretinism. :drunk:
Then that's what I'll do! Anyway I hope we can bring the child killing mod back asap. Because really... Who wouldn't want to smack a kid in the groin with the old nine iron?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Apparently F3 mods will work in FNV after some jiggering, so all your favorite bestiality and naked children mods should be usable within days.
- the Vault Dweller
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Excellent. That's a helluva lot less mod page updating on my behalf.
Our Host!