Before the Burning Bush

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Before the Burning Bush

Post by Taco-Hero »

I wrote another one!

It was a pleasant day in –- -– but it wasn't for long because of the bombs which fell from the sky and scorched the Earth. I remember my time in the underground vaults and Grandpa Joe would always tell me how things were so much better before the bombs fell. Grandpa Joe was the oldest person in the vault and was the only one who was born outside the vault. He didn't like kids much but he sure liked telling stories.

“So then she said that she thought he was my cousin. I don't know why but then we started popping her mama's pills and woke up the next morning with three empty bottles of vodka. Nine months later Little Joey's father was born, man that was some good shit.�

My memories of the vault were a bit fuzzy but I remember playing ball with the other kids unaware of what was going above. We didn't think much of it because this was the only world we knew of, the grownups would never tell us much about the outside besides Grandpa, but he had no idea what the world was like after the fallout. But one day after listening to another of Grandpa's stories I asked my mom what everything was like outside the vault.

“Oh honey you don't want to go out there. There a giant cock monsters that eat your teeth and give you all sorts of crazy diseases and people who would tentacle-rape you in a second and use your asshairs as bungie cords. Alright time to go to bed, goodnight sugarplum.�

When I turned twelve Grandpa Joe died after choking on a bingo card. Though the death came with surprise but it brought upon a stern realization that the future of everyone in Vault 304 may be bleak.

Soon there were hordes of people attacking the vault door much to the Overseer's dismay. Most of the people were shot by the guards, others were imprisoned before they even reached the door but there was one that managed to escape. The Overseer tried to convince everyone that no one had made their way to the surface but word somehow broke through. It took only months to overthrow the Overseer. The inhabitants sought to quench their thirst for freedom and that they did. Over a half of the inhabitants abandoned their former home. My parents had remained but my brother wanted to break his shackles.

“You can't stay here forever. This isn't real, the real world is out there. That is where we belong. You are either coming with me or not. If you don't I want you to look after mom and dad. Don't expect me to come back.�

I did not follow my brother and stuck with my mother and father but we couldn't lie to ourselves much longer. We would eventually travel into the outside world. The world I had stepped into was not the one my grandpa nor my parents I described to me.

The vault was soon occupied by the voiceless memories of those that occupied the metal cells after it proved to be too difficult to maintain. I eventually found a new life outside of the vault. Times were tough...

Then we were all killed by giant jack-o-lanterns eating pizzas. I don't know why they were eating pizzas though and then the earth erupted inside a massive miniature volcano behind some space elephant's ass where no one can see them and everything turned into poo.

The End.
Our Host!