POLITICKAL!

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

King of Creation wrote: You're misreading my intentions. I'm not questioning the validity of the end results. I'm just actually legitimately curious as to what kinds of things you learn in a graduate program for library sciences.
oh. well, archiving...software...cataloging...a lot of library-specific stuff.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

What's the kind of pay in that type of career?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

50.000+

He answered your question already.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

Manoil wrote:What's the kind of pay in that type of career?
ex-bandmate's mom makes around 80,000 at a fairly high position, if i remember correctly. 40-50,000 is pretty usual for where i work on entry...once established and moving up? varied. i already make 30,000 as a temporary full-time employee with a limited contract. i could probably get a permanent full-time after this contract, but, saying i want to move back to Boston in a few years it'd be good to have a LS degree from UNC.
Machiavelli
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Machiavelli »

Is that for any library? I mean like the "downtown public" ones or is that just for more specialized "campus" libraries?
The AK-47. When you absolutely positively got to kill every mother#$^#&* in the room...... Accept no substitute.
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

University libraries are all i'm really interested in, so that's all i've looked into. they're a much more complex organism since they usually represent a few different buildings and require constant management since functioning as one of the most important bases for research in a University is your duty. and we all know the kind of money poured into universities.

public libraries...i would assume do not require the amount of management or employees, not to mention general daily tasks. but then again, i have not researched this...so i don't know. the difference between locations i'm sure makes a huge difference as well.
Cimmerian Nights wrote:Todd Howard: making RPGs for people who hate RPGs.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

TwinkieGorilla wrote:
Manoil wrote:What's the kind of pay in that type of career?
ex-bandmate's mom makes around 80,000 at a fairly high position, if i remember correctly. 40-50,000 is pretty usual for where i work on entry...once established and moving up? varied. i already make 30,000 as a temporary full-time employee with a limited contract. i could probably get a permanent full-time after this contract, but, saying i want to move back to Boston in a few years it'd be good to have a LS degree from UNC.
My company earns more than that a month, and even if I take all of it out as pay I still probably earn less than you.

Swedish tax laws ftw.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

What does your company do exactly?
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

epilators
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

I create websites, target them to certain keywords and sell the traffic to whatever affiliate program will have them. I negotiate the compensation which usually is amongst the top you can earn and collect checks.

I know dick about coding or designing websites I just know how to make them rank for keywords.

Like I could make duckandcover.cx rank in the top 3 for the keyword Fallout in probably 6-12 months.
Thats another thing, seo takes lots and lots of time.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Which reminds me.

Why does nma-fallout.com with 500k visitors a month, or duckandcover for that matter sell adds on a CPC basis? How retarded are you guys?

Sell some fallout 3 strategy guides on clickbank or whatever site that lets you prepurchase fallout new vegas.

You could probably quadruple your current income.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

FFS KoC

lol
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Koc does it for free. Hobbies are good and worth while doing for free.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

I was joking you tool...
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

I don't get any of the ad revenue anyways. It all goes straight to Taluntain. However, if any of you want to give me money, then by all means do so :salute:
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Our Host!