Greece sucks

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Greece sucks

Post by King of Creation »

Seriously, they did this to themselves and now they're just whining about it. Maybe if they actually paid their taxes they wouldn't have to suffer IMF conditions.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36958519/ns ... ws-europe/
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Well they did pay their taxes, it was their shitty and corrupt government that fucked them over.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

All the Europeans I know say the stereotype of Greeks is that they always try to find a way around paying their taxes.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Agreed. They take out loans, hide the fact that their entire economy is in ruins and then they come begging for EU help which ofcourse is granted.

Norway is laughing all the way to the bank now for not joining EU.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
TwinkieGorilla
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by TwinkieGorilla »

grease sucks. the movie too.
Cimmerian Nights wrote:Todd Howard: making RPGs for people who hate RPGs.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

King of Creation wrote:All the Europeans I know say the stereotype of Greeks is that they always try to find a way around paying their taxes.
I can confirm they're the same when they emigrate D:
inomel
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by inomel »

They are just among the few who got caught. Kinda expecting a few swerves come next year.
Appearing stupid is sexier than being stupid. Although I hear stoopid was a cut perk in fallout three, but was abandoned when the devs found out it could be simulated by simply playing the game...
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Well... what would you expect? A nation that rewards its employees with bonuses when they come to work on time ought to cause trouble.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

Sounds like US public schools...
...signatures? WTF?
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Kashluk wrote:Well... what would you expect? A nation that rewards its employees with bonuses when they come to work on time ought to cause trouble.
The end year bonus is pretty standard in most countries. Works as a form of motivation and is good. I wish more countries would use it.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I'm not really glad for the individuals affected, but on an economic level I'm glad the Euro is slipping. Ever since I heard about it I said it was an awful fucking idea for this very reason.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

MR Snake wrote:
Kashluk wrote:Well... what would you expect? A nation that rewards its employees with bonuses when they come to work on time ought to cause trouble.
The end year bonus is pretty standard in most countries. Works as a form of motivation and is good. I wish more countries would use it.
It's a cultural difference then, I guess. Around here, if you're sloppy and don't come to work on time, you won't have a job by the end of the year.

It's like this one Finnish stand-up comedian made a joke about England (UK) being a developing country. Having those silly water faucets and all... but especially when it comes to public toilet doors. He was wondering why the hell those doors open inwards, when the toilet booth is so small that you can't even open the door properly. His British friend explained that it's obvious: when the toilet booth's lock breaks, you can hold it in place with your hand while sitting on the toilet. The guy was like, OK, around where he lives they actually call someone to fix the door, but whatever.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

The Euro is a great idea. Just because corruption managed to fuck it at one point doesn't mean that it shouldn't have been implemented. It will rise again.
Our Host!