Metro 2033

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Metro 2033

Post by MR Snake »

So something has happened in Russia and.. appearently the rest of the world as there are radiation leaks everywhere and people are living underground fending off monster who appearently just popped up right after or before the war.

I just started so I don't know or completely understand the story yet.

What I can say is that it's a Post Apoc Horror FPS with elements of Stalker in it. There are anomolies, there are monsters who mess with your mind and a large part of the game is finding loot and prewar ammo which is used as currency. Even though I hate loot games (diablo not include) this game is pretty solid so far.

Graphics are good, allthough seriously high. I cannot use a resolution higher than 1650x etc due to me using a dual monitor setup and it has weird lagg now and then but it is solid.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

why do you play games it doesnt even make sence
:chew:
inomel
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by inomel »

Appearing stupid is sexier than being stupid. Although I hear stoopid was a cut perk in fallout three, but was abandoned when the devs found out it could be simulated by simply playing the game...
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

From what I hear its like STALKER but more graphically polished, minus free play and the RPG elements, and on consoles.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

I like it, but it crashes in certain areas.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

here is the real-time 3d step-by-step review i just wrote, copypasted from webchat:

01:06 metro is crap so far
01:08 first there was this confusing prologue part where i followed a guy and then monsters attacked and it ended in a scripted event where i get knocked out, then the game begins and theres a cutscene and i'm just walking behind some dudes and it takes forever and more monsters attack and its completely scripted again, i just stood in a corner swinging my knife
01:08 then the monsters die and theres another cutscene and now im in the first chapter or something after 20mins maybe, exciting stuff so far
01:09 plus the field of vision is pretty narrow which is a bit annoying
01:09 anyway playing more now like a true patriot B)

01:31 alright, so now i've beaten chapter 1: walked around the home station, collected some guns and shit, walked around more, left the place, jumped on a draisine with my homies, and then it was like the half-life monorail intro all over again, just looking around in a metro tunnel until some stupid cutscene after which scary monsters attacked
01:31 then i held down mouse button slashing them with my knife until the scripted monster attack dropped me off the train and then i ran behind the train until i was safe again and the chapter ended B)
01:33 i think i'll try beating another chapter tomorrow and see if it gets any better, but so far it's just a really boring game in a pretty cool russki post-apoc setting

01:40 i'll play some more lawl

02:23 chapter 2: i'm forced to follow some shitty dialogue and vodka drinking but a big titted girl walked by so that was good. after that i had to walk around in a station and find a guy, then sat down and more yadda yadda from some guy called bourbon. then i have to follow him into some tunnels where i actually have to do some shooting for the first time
02:23 then i killed some mutants and followed him around for a while and found out that the npc's can actually die if you don't do shit and let the monsters attack them for a minute or so. you can't shoot them yourself though, big surprise there. when the guy died it was game over so i had to protect him like a true warrior spirit
02:24 then more killing mutants and then we entered a derelict train that broke down and i was supposed to jump out but i got stuck and couldnt move and died so i had to load and do it again, more mutant killing and following this guy and then we finally entered another station
02:26 at this point i stopped playing because it looked like i'd have to spend forever again walking around listening to some bullshit. oh ya there were some flashback moments in the game as well and i died twice because i walked into the red light or something
02:26 i guess it got a bit better but not by a large enough margin to ever play it again B) i give this game two kashluks and a purple heart
02:28 the game is like one of those ghost train rides in amusement parks except a bit less exciting, so maybe someone might like it
02:31 graphics good, and i suppose it's oozing atmosphere or some dumb shit like that, but incredibly boring (imo, ime, and all that, it probably is the next mega hit of the decade but i'll give it the worst game of the year award okay)
02:33 if you're into these atmospheric rail-shooters give it a try but i wouldn't recommend this game for my worst enemy and he's a pretty bad guy

final verdict: shit
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

purple heart :salute:

I kind of guessed that this game was just trying to surf the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wave. Oh, well. I guess I might give it a try when you can buy it for 5 bucks or so.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Kashluk wrote:purple heart :salute:
ya in many ways the game was like a vietnam veteran shot in the butt if you catch my drift so i kind of felt bad for the butt-hurt patriot, but then again you have to be realistic, he'll never be able to serve norway again and will probably become a drug addicted hippie. so much wasted potential, he could have become a doctor or a supersoldado :no:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I hear you mang & I feel the pain. Peace-out.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Good review.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Ya, that was actually a pretty good review. Gave you idea of how it was shit.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Kickstand27
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Kickstand27 »

not very intuitive, dont really find myself wanting to play after getting to the frontlines, wish this review were here when i bought this... i have like 5 games to take back for trade in now.
typos are bound to happen. fuck it
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

1:08 - ...scripted event where i got knocked out...

stopped reading. told me everything i needed to know.

thanks for saving me X money and X time and :salute:
Our Host!