Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Adrian Sheppard from Opposing Force, you mean? He was the dude.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Yeah, Opposing Force really was made of awesome.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

My friend just replayed HL1, Opposing Force and Blue Shift, said that they have aged very well and are as good as they were back in the day. Use high res textures.

Personally, I am also replaying HL1 with the Counter-Life mod. For a CS fanatic, it is great, it replaces the weapons with Counterstrike ones. You get money per monster kill etc, and among other things, it raises the difficulty substantially. Great stuff!
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

Played Half-Life 1 for the first time when it was relaunched just before Half-Life 2 on Steam as Half-Life: Source. Even though I was something like 10 years late to the party, I absolutely adored it.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Kickstand27
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Kickstand27 »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:My friend just replayed HL1, Opposing Force and Blue Shift, said that they have aged very well and are as good as they were back in the day. Use high res textures.

Personally, I am also replaying HL1 with the Counter-Life mod. For a CS fanatic, it is great, it replaces the weapons with Counterstrike ones. You get money per monster kill etc, and among other things, it raises the difficulty substantially. Great stuff!
many many hours spent in the deathmatch modes for that! its actually what got me into FPS games
typos are bound to happen. fuck it
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Blue Shift was fucking terrible. It's only saving grace was the high-def/model pack it came with.
Machiavelli
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Machiavelli »

It's been a long time since a FPS came along that was able to suck me in as much as HL did. Op4 was the SHIT and yeah, Blue Shit was really only good for the texture pack. I beat that one in about 3 hours which is horrible when compared to the other games.
The AK-47. When you absolutely positively got to kill every mother#$^#&* in the room...... Accept no substitute.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Playing Metro 2033. It's good. Playing it on hardcore, made it to the bit where you have to get across the commies and the nazis fighting. After my 5th death, I've decided to call it a night.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

I only played Blue Shift when it was released (my friend lent me the CD, bad old days) so I dont really remember the game, but the puzzle with the electric cord and the barrel was genius. Still remember it to this day.
SenisterDenister

I preferred Opposing Force, myself.

Playing Dwarf Fortress, there was an update on the first. So far I haven't found a damn thing to mine and my dwarves are being attacked by undead elk.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I always liked opposing forces and still hope that they'll do something with Sheppard.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

League of Legends
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

fallout 1 not killing any humans white pryde game, im in the hub just chilled deathclaw. a bit boring becaus i wants to kill humans. peace
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Gimp Mask wrote:fallout 1 not killing any humans white pryde game, im in the hub just chilled deathclaw. a bit boring becaus i wants to kill humans. peace
I tried that, unfortunately, it counted as my kill when Killian killed Gizmo, so I gave up and just started shooting people.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Yonmanc wrote:
Gimp Mask wrote:fallout 1 not killing any humans white pryde game, im in the hub just chilled deathclaw. a bit boring becaus i wants to kill humans. peace
I tried that, unfortunately, it counted as my kill when Killian killed Gizmo, so I gave up and just started shooting people.
yeah that was a bit silly, i decided to just tell them to buzz off and didn't help with killing gizmo, same with the skulz and decker. the biggest temptation right now is the .223 pistol since that requires killing some gangstaz :( usually when i start a "diplomat" character i get bored and stop playing or start killing, this time i'm going to persist i'm sure

also i'm having a moral dilemma - i'm killing animals but i'm not sure if i should kill mutants or ghouls :racist:
SenisterDenister

Use the fight or flight mechanism with mutants. If you can't get away, you'll have to shoot them in the face. Only do it if you have to.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Save the last bullet for yourself. :chew:
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

well that was pretty boring B)
time for another game no holds barred two barrels loaded B)
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Play Davide who is a lethal killer but everyone thinks is retarded.

I've been mostly playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 online with my friends and I've also been playing a bit of red steel.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by ekkaman »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Play Davide who is a lethal killer but everyone thinks is retarded.

I've been mostly playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 online with my friends and I've also been playing a bit of red steel.
Whats Bad Company like? Funny name for a game from EA.
Our Host!