Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

I want to play Napoleon Total war.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

All the talk of Napoleon Total War made me to go back to the next best thing: Empire Total War. Been playing it like a madman for a couple of days.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

Starcrack 2. So far pretty good...AI patches getting better by the moment. Art style is...meh. Still unbalanced..but...fun as hell.
...signatures? WTF?
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

It is pretty gut. Napoleon:TW has 4 campaigns worth playing with the french, and one for the allies. Crashed a few times. Pretty much Empire:Total War with Co-op campaign.

+1
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

So wait, Empire: Total War isn't getting that multiplayer campaign that they were saying it was going to get?
Machiavelli
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Machiavelli »

Just started playing "9th Company - Roots of Terror" that I got off Steam.

It's an RTS where you play as the Soviets against the Mujaheddin in Afghanistan. It's pretty well detailed and somewhat realistic from what I've seen so far. Can't seem to find anything about it on the net though.
The AK-47. When you absolutely positively got to kill every mother#$^#&* in the room...... Accept no substitute.
ekkaman
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by ekkaman »

Machiavelli wrote:Just started playing "9th Company - Roots of Terror" that I got off Steam.

It's an RTS where you play as the Soviets against the Mujaheddin in Afghanistan. It's pretty well detailed and somewhat realistic from what I've seen so far. Can't seem to find anything about it on the net though.
Was looking at this game is it any good?
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

Machiavelli wrote:Just started playing "9th Company - Roots of Terror" that I got off Steam.

Just watching some YouTube clips. Looks pretty good, any idea if there's a demo floating about?
Machiavelli
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Machiavelli »

No idea about the demo. I found it just fucking around with Steam the other day.

Like I said, it seems pretty good but it's hard. I just sent a BMP-2 into a mountain pass without infantry support and it got raped by RPG's. It's pretty realistic.

The only thing I would really change is putting troops into squads (like COH) instead of individuals. You don't get any reinforcements during missions and your troops carry over to the next mission. I like that you can evacuate the crews from your armored vehicles and if they survive the battle you can put them in a new vehicle and not lose a veteran crew.

All in all it's not bad especially not for a $20 dollar game. Graphics are nice but the camera is a little slow. I think playing with it enough and learning the quirks will lead to a "hidden gem" of a game.
The AK-47. When you absolutely positively got to kill every mother#$^#&* in the room...... Accept no substitute.
SenisterDenister

Replaying Silent Storm, pretty sure that's a game I'll never grow out of.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Finally getting my first playthrough of Mass Effect done. I like the game overall, but it's a bit... clean for me. 'Spose I'm just too much of a post-apoc fan to have an adequate appreciation for the beauty of the game
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

SenisterDenister wrote:Replaying Silent Storm, pretty sure that's a game I'll never grow out of.
qfe

Hammer & Sickle was pretty awesome as well, except for the impossible last mission. The difficulty is like from a completely different planet!
SenisterDenister

Manoil wrote:Finally getting my first playthrough of Mass Effect done. I like the game overall, but it's a bit... clean for me. 'Spose I'm just too much of a post-apoc fan to have an adequate appreciation for the beauty of the game
The first Mass Effect is just, more or less, an introduction to the setting, hence why the codex is so large, why everything seems so clean, because you're only dealing with the parts of Citadel Space that's meticulously kept up and looked after. The second game seems to be a bit more gritty.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Caleb wrote:Starcrack 2. So far pretty good...AI patches getting better by the moment. Art style is...meh. Still unbalanced..but...fun as hell.

I'm never in any good betas. I want to be in starcraft 2 beta bad, I'm probably going to upgrade my computer just for that game since I played the original so much.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
SenisterDenister

Starcraft 2 doesn't seem to interest me very much, if anything the only reason I'll buy it is to play through the campaigns. I hate RTS competitive multiplayer, especially with Starcraft, which depend on spam and clickfests.
General Alexi
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by General Alexi »

Finishing point look out in fallout 3 for the 3rd time. 200 hours total.
SenisterDenister

D:
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

General Alexi wrote:Finishing point look out in fallout 3 for the 3rd time. 200 hours total.
lol why?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

General Alexi wrote:Finishing point look out in fallout 3 for the 3rd time. 200 hours total.
's nothin. :eyebrow:
General Alexi
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by General Alexi »

Yonmanc wrote:
lol why?
Run one was male good karma, run 2 was female evil karma, and run 3 is male neutral. and seeing the different effects of lady killer and black widow is pretty cool.
Our Host!