scientology

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

SenisterDenister wrote:He meant he thought the people on DAC were European and was surprised to find another good ol' boy on the forum, not Scientology.
D:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Yonmanc wrote:alien worship (I beleive that's what they worhsip right?)
Precisely, and the majority of members aren't at OT3 yet, so they don't even know that that's the basis of the religion. If there is no objection, I'll cut and paste a section of my paper and the sources within.

"Hubbard’s own hand-written notes detail “76 planets around larger stars founded 95,000,000 years ago,� which are “visible from here [Earth]." From said planets, which were facing overpopulation in quantities of "about 250 million per planet," surfaced a "head of the Galactic Federation" known as Xenu whose solution to the overpopulation problem was sending vast numbers of his people to Earth at some time between "75,000,000 and 4 quadrillion years ago." Hubbard continues to say that Xenu brought them to Earth and deposited them inside volcanoes on an island matching the description of Hawaii. When escapees emerged 36 days later, Xenu captured them and vaporized the remaining imprisoned individuals by detonating a hydrogen bomb. Xenu was subsequently "captured after six years of battle,� at which point Earth had since become a "desert."" http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Church_of_S ... ked_online
Yonmanc wrote:we just open the door (their office is a shop unit, one of their dumb walk-in centres), yell abuse them, laugh, and walk away. :evil_laugh:
Have they belligerently asked you "what are your crimes?!?!" yet?
Last edited by Manoil on Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Manoil wrote:
Yonmanc wrote:alien worship (I beleive that's what they worhsip right?)
Precisely, and the majority of members aren't at OT3 yet, so they don't even know that that's the basis of the religion. If there is no objection, I'll cut and paste a section of my paper and the sources within.

"Hubbard’s own hand-written notes detail “76 planets around larger stars founded 95,000,000 years ago,� which are “visible from here [Earth]." From said planets, which were facing overpopulation in quantities of "about 250 million per planet," surfaced a "head of the Galactic Federation" known as Xenu whose solution to the overpopulation problem was sending vast numbers of his people to Earth at some time between "75,000,000 and 4 quadrillion years ago." Hubbard continues to say that Xenu brought them to Earth and deposited them inside volcanoes on an island matching the description of Hawaii. When escapees emerged 36 days later, Xenu captured them and vaporized the remaining imprisoned individuals by detonating a hydrogen bomb. Xenu was subsequently "captured after six years of battle,� at which point Earth had since become a "desert."" http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Church_of_S ... ked_online
Yonmanc wrote:we just open the door (their office is a shop unit, one of their dumb walk-in centres), yell abuse them, laugh, and walk away. :evil_laugh:
Have they belligerently asked you "what are your crimes?!?!" yet?
That has to be the most badass religion ever! It's got everything! War, aliens, lots of years, which is better than creationism, they only have 6000. The bad guy's name begins X, so you KNOW he's sinister. And now it has Tom Cruise, who hopefully plays as the all american space ranger who travels the galaxy, sleeping with foxy alien chicks and firin his layzors at robots!
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Did I mention they rob you, separate you from your family, and destroy you psychologically until you build a dependence on it?
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Manoil wrote:Did I mention they rob you, separate you from your family, and destroy you psychologically until you build a dependence on it?
Sounds like a weekend at my mothers! Bdum-tush!
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

It'd be cute if it was fiction; this is dead-fuckin-serious. Not many people even get to criticize it without Scilons harassing them in every way possible. Fallout 2 and Saints Row 2 were (seemingly) lucky cases.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Always kind of surprised me they didn't attempt to sue Interplay for Fallout 2.

Apparently they keep records of "enemies of scientology" and feel whatever measures, no matter if they're illegal or unethical (provided they can't get caught), are justified in ruining said enemies. Usually they do it by tying them up in defamation trials until they run out of money.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Dr.Xen
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Dr.Xen »

Retlaw83 wrote:Always kind of surprised me they didn't attempt to sue Interplay for Fallout 2.

Apparently they keep records of "enemies of scientology" and feel whatever measures, no matter if they're illegal or unethical (provided they can't get caught), are justified in ruining said enemies. Usually they do it by tying them up in defamation trials until they run out of money.
Don't forget you can join theHub in FO2 :drunk:
Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, gurdy he sang.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Fuck that noise, I'mma chargin' mah dynamite-throwin' arm
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Scientology has no legal basis for suing Interplay over Fallout 2.

Other than that, I just pity them. Frankly, they aren't much worse than the Catholic church, I mean, at least they believe that the earth is round, right? Only the very feeble of mind will join either.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

ya, cant be much more fuck up than the abrahamite religions or other cults or just general western civilization/consumerism so whatever
SenisterDenister wrote:
Thor Kaufman wrote:Scientology cant be all that bad, they have Tom Cruise as a spokesman. B)
They sure do.
get off my lawn, those swell guy don't even come close to the awesomeness of Tom Cruise's dingleberries.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:Scientology has no legal basis for suing Interplay over Fallout 2.
That never stops them from suing. The point isn't to win the case so much as waste the other party's time and money.
Other than that, I just pity them. Frankly, they aren't much worse than the Catholic church, I mean, at least they believe that the earth is round, right? Only the very feeble of mind will join either.
The Catholic church, as much as I hate them, are not that stupid. The myth that they told Columbus the world is flat is false - they actually told him the world is round and huge, and that he'd be likely to find nothing more than open ocean for thousands of miles.
- the Vault Dweller
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Retlaw83 wrote:
Frater Perdurabo wrote:Scientology has no legal basis for suing Interplay over Fallout 2.
That never stops them from suing. The point isn't to win the case so much as waste the other party's time and money.
The Catholic church, as much as I hate them, are not that stupid. The myth that they told Columbus the world is flat is false - they actually told him the world is round and huge, and that he'd be likely to find nothing more than open ocean for thousands of miles.
I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at? The Catholic Church has suppressed the scientific community for centuries, i.e. have a look at the "Church Controversy" section here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei
I'm not saying that the Catholic Church is stupid - they are a bunch of power-hungry, greedy, brain-washing and dominating bastards and they do a pretty good job at it. I just pity anyone that actually follows them.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:they are a bunch of power-hungry, greedy, brain-washing and dominating bastards
As opposed to... ?
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

VasikkA wrote:
Frater Perdurabo wrote:they are a bunch of power-hungry, greedy, brain-washing and dominating bastards
As opposed to... ?
I'm not drawing a distinction. On the contrary, they are akin to scientology, or almost any other established religion out there.

From bforp's thread:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxdxZ47JouU :clap:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

What an ass.
Yonmanc

Re: scientology

Post by Yonmanc »

housefull wrote:
Yonmanc wrote:
HarryK801 wrote:i think it sounds interesting but i dont think its real. more like something for fun really. i checked out this site that had all kinds of info about it. pretty crazy shit if you ask me.
Yeah, thanks for making me restart my laptop after spending all day fixing it.
By the way, that wasn't even funny in 2003. You stink and your mothers a vile whore, her vagina looks like rusted tin.
In the Fall semester, I actually wrote a 19-page paper on why Scientology is destructive and threatening to modern society. It's informative to people who are as-of-yet unaware of what Scientology is and what it's done, but to people already informed, it's just preaching to the choir.

I don't see what that has to do with my awesome reply to a spam troll.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

haha I like how the spambot quoted Manoil
- the Vault Dweller
Yonmanc

Re: scientology

Post by Yonmanc »

housefull wrote:
Yonmanc wrote:
HarryK801 wrote:i think it sounds interesting but i dont think its real. more like something for fun really. i checked out this site that had all kinds of info about it. pretty crazy shit if you ask me.
Yeah, thanks for making me restart my laptop after spending all day fixing it.
By the way, that wasn't even funny in 2003. You stink and your mothers a vile whore, her vagina looks like rusted tin.
In the Fall semester, I actually wrote a 19-page paper on why Scientology is destructive and threatening to modern society. It's informative to people who are as-of-yet unaware of what Scientology is and what it's done, but to people already informed, it's just preaching to the choir.
I don't see what that has to do with my awesome reply to a spam troll.
Yonmanc

Post by Yonmanc »

Will someone fix the posts, it's showing up 3 times on my screen. This is some bullshit. All I wanted to do was fix my quote!
Our Host!