New Las Vegas and the possible future of Fallout...

Discuss Obsidian's Vegas Fallout game here. Also: Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Fallout Shelter and other new dairy products from Bethesda's farm that don't have separate forums here yet.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Manoil wrote:Pitch in some dollars of your own and you'll get even more :eyebrow:
Why would I pay for something I can do myself for free?
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Retlaw83 wrote:
Manoil wrote:Pitch in some dollars of your own and you'll get even more :eyebrow:
Why would I pay for something I can do myself for free?
Well, shit man. I can clean up my house, but that doesn't stop me from hiring a housekeeper.
FsEtNrDaEtR92
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FsEtNrDaEtR92 »

Haha, didn't know people were still lurking around this post. I actually listened to Rosh and started doing some research on the topic overall. I have also gone on a pilgrimage to discover the douche-tastic quality that seems to have infected the DAC community and harness it for my own : :drunk:
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Its not lurking if all the posts are consecutive, keeping all the posts frequent from day to day keeping the thread in context without becoming out and arising from that a need for a new one. No we do things right around here, unlike you new guys that find a thread that nobody's posted in for over a year and throw in your dumb fuck opinion because we really care about what you think.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

MR Snake wrote: Worst comeback this far and very predictable, just like you :)
At least I'm not an envious emo bitch boy. Speaking of which, I'm surprised that you and Malk haven't hooked up, considering you are the one using a tard vampire avatar.

PS: The lobotomy scar is supposed to go on the forehead, because that is where your brai...oh, it's you. Nevermind, it wouldn't really matter.
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

Rosh wrote:
MR Snake wrote: Worst comeback this far and very predictable, just like you :)
At least I'm not an envious emo bitch boy. Speaking of which, I'm surprised that you and Malk haven't hooked up, considering you are the one using a tard vampire avatar.

PS: The lobotomy scar is supposed to go on the forehead, because that is where your brai...oh, it's you. Nevermind, it wouldn't really matter.
Man are you lame, you used to be better, or was that only with admin powers ie, your real cock? And your'e repeating yourself. Emo bitch bla bla only so many times you can say that. My avatar is an internal joke on Pedro frudrabwhatever the fuck his nick is. You would have known that had you even spent five seconds researching it.
You are an old tired fart who never contributes anything but lameness, so your life has no purpose which can be seen by the ENDLESS quoting shit you do.

I bet you brag about raping that iraqi soldier every time you try to beg women to sleep with you right? It's part of your routine. If only you could afford some hookers. Tell you what, I will let you have a hooker on me should I ever drop by your mobile home.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

MR Snake wrote:I'm an emo bitch boy.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

A battle of the wits fought unarmed
SenisterDenister

Snake, you went too far.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

You can't saw through this much garbage with blades, you must use the fire of ideas.

You can't idea through this much bullshit with garbage, you must use the inequity of ignorant consumerism.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

senisterdenister wrote:Snake, you went too far.
I am so sorry :( It just came to me while typing.... like a river dam of insults flowing throught me at the speed of light and resulting in the post above.

Very cool stuff.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
falloutaddict92
SDF!
SDF!

Post by falloutaddict92 »

fallout 3 was the first game of the fallout seires i bought . i to was born in 92 and decided to buy the rest of the series.

may just wait and finish it in december until i complete my computer so i can stop using the damn family computer which my dad controlls and is an asshole about letting me on.

but still cant wait for fallout new vegas, glad to see people from the original fallouts working on it.
SenisterDenister

Quit trolling.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

senisterdenister wrote:Quit trolling.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

New Guy wrote:I had every intention of finishing the first game I just couldn't get the patch installed for some ungodly reason.
You...don't...need...the patch. I'm the most dick-around, spend-20-minutes-admiring-the-scenery, answer-the-phone-without-pausing gamer there is, and I still never hit the time limit.

Regardless, I'm actually pleased to hear about your personal RPG revelation regarding FO2 - another one joins the fold. But you're still a little fresh to the franchise to be waxing doom-and-gloom about the development end, and like Rosh said, you have gaps to fill in your knowledge of RPGs past and what they brought to the genre.
Rosh wrote:
Having no clue about the direction of the franchise, I got on Wikipedia and began reading about this franchise I had never heard of (I was born in 92', so I was a little young to be playing Fallout).
You still are.
I don't know, I was 15 when I bought Fallout. It's more a question of maturity (and ability to appreciate less-than-flashy games) than age.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Yeah. I was 11 when I played Tactics, 13 when I played FO1. Probably best considering things only improved-- even though I liked Tactics, it misses a few key elements.

Understandably with the weakness of the game, Tactic's story wasn't what hooked me; it was the gratuitous variety and attention to detail. The sobering, yet humorous overtones combined with a futuristic post-apoc setting; intelligence and advanced technology without the cheap, gaudy background of the average sci-fi depiction.

For me, that point alone is one of the major killers of Fallout 3. Vast, detailed environments are plentiful, but for what remains, there's a major loss in detail and variety. A weapon in Fallout 1, 2, or Tactics had a distinct name, history and description, letting you know the story and impact the tool you use had prior to the muties it just tore up.
Without all that, Kalashnikovs become Chinese Assault Rifles, Mausers become Chinese Pistols, and it all gets dumbed down to 'just another weapon.'

No unique features other than the stats and the projectile effects.

Depressing.
SenisterDenister

The .223 pistol in the first Fallout is a prime example of such a gun. Was there such a weapon in Fallout 3? No, no there wasn't. The guns didn't even have descriptions.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Never thought there'd be any entertaining threads in the Fallout section of the forum ever again. Still not entirely convinced. :chew:
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

I miss dwarfs that could modify my guns. Help me bethsoft.. :sadblinky:
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

I feel as if we have repeated ourselves repeatedly, and now i feel this thread is destroyed. (Des Troyed? what does 'des' mean if 'troy' is a word?)
Our Host!