Mixed races:

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Mixed races:

Post by Rosh »

Sometimes I love having a background in not just video game QA, but in professional QA, to the point where I can't help but notice bug after bug.

I say all of that with sarcasm, of course. Even after the patches and more than 200+ hours into this game, I keep finding them.

This latest one is sure to piss off a brother somewhere.

Here's how it goes:

After popping a few mutants in the head from afar with a hunting rifle, doing it manually because VATS is a piece of shit until you get the perks/skill into it (and then it goes right into cheat mode), I decide to quick travel back to Rivet City to sell to Lucky Harith. I recall him being there at the entrance, and I hadn't left that long ago.

Loading screen.

Gunshots greet me immediately, but nothing was hitting me. Yup, I was playing evil, so I was expecting the Regulators. They were there - just not for me. Lucky Harith and his bodyguard were already dead and the pack brahmin was the current target. So I kill the Regulators for some extra loot (as well as Lucky Harith's entire stock), pick all the bodies clean, and look at what I found:

A brother with a white face. I've heard of blackfacing, but the reverse wasn't so common...

Maybe I should invoke my mulatto-ship and go angry on the Bethesda forums. :D
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

If you wanted to you could probably create some massive drama over there with that.

I found the DLC The Pitt as a buggy piece of shit, it was pretty horrible with the amount of bugs in it with like enemies spinning uncontrollably in the air and bad guys being allies with you for a minute or two before going hostile.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

From the Vault, I've not seen any of the DLC content tested worth a shit. It's like they just dropped in new content without any regards to the old, which can cause massive bugs and glitches all over the place. Bethesda patched the base game a bit to a more or less playable (snicker) state, and then fucks it all up with the DLC.

Fucking brilliant.
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

It doesn't even look like he's black. More like he tanned everything but his face and neck. New fashion?
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

perhaps a new species
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

oh yeah, species

Waferthinmint
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Waferthinmint »

I think I know what caused it.

Do you have Sex change anchorage,The underarms or We have fixed are fuck ups but we want you to pay us more money?
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Waferthinmint wrote:I think I know what caused it.

Do you have Sex change anchorage,The underarms or We have fixed are fuck ups but we want you to pay us more money?
Nope, nothing else installed but the original game and the patches. I'm incredibly leery of the DLC because after all the time Bethesda took to release patches - the DLC (particularly Broken Shit) breaks parts of the core game.
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
Our Host!