Fallout: New Vegas

Discuss Obsidian's Vegas Fallout game here. Also: Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Fallout Shelter and other new dairy products from Bethesda's farm that don't have separate forums here yet.

Wut about them Fallouts: New Veggas?

Ez rollin' dude!
13%
Float away, little butterfly. Just flutter away.
31%
When you stop betting, you can never lose.
31%
Lady luck please let the dice stay hot!
19%
:twevletytyeyttllaoorororororo nyam nyam nyam: (spot reserved for Blargh)
6%

Total votes: 32

Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Blargh wrote:Rocket Science ?

NO !

'Tis Spanish.

:rofl:

Oho. :drunk:
...Well-played.
Waferthinmint wrote:menstruation
Dude, seriously... quit crying. Your vag-blood is making this whole forum smell like fish
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Manoil wrote:New Vegas is kind of a dumb and/or generic name, it's obvious at first glance. "Las", or Those, preceeds "Vegas", or Fertile Plains. So, if they wanted to make it work, they should have had another Spanish word.

"Quemadura." Burned.
Los Vegas Quemadura. The burned plains. If the game is heading more towards the southwest, you're gonna run into more spanish-descendant wasters, so it works.

This shit ain't rocket science.
"Vegas Nuevas"?
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Ye Wild Wild New West
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

wtf fags bethsoft maeks l33t gamez u fagitz fuk u guyz ned 2 respect thm
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Dogmeatlives wrote:
Manoil wrote:New Vegas is kind of a dumb and/or generic name, it's obvious at first glance. "Las", or Those, preceeds "Vegas", or Fertile Plains. So, if they wanted to make it work, they should have had another Spanish word.

"Quemadura." Burned.
Los Vegas Quemadura. The burned plains. If the game is heading more towards the southwest, you're gonna run into more spanish-descendant wasters, so it works.

This shit ain't rocket science.
"Vegas Nuevas"?
lul

"Cojones de Vegas"
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

Kashluk wrote:It's like New Reno gone bad - lobotomized Chris Avellone on crack.
With all the half-assedness of a Feargus SLAM DUNK! given the one year development time. How the fuck are they planning on QAing that abomination?

New Reno was well designed, if just out of place in the setting.

Now with the Fallout 3 engine...

I can't wait for Descent to Undermountain 2!

As for that pic...I'm currently living in Reno as I establish a few design foundations for a game (not the CRPG I'm developing, though the team members overlap a bit), then I'll probably be going back to Washington or Alaska to work on the engine for all of Cast Iron Rat's future development.

Biggest Little Shithole in the World. It has long lost the "little city" charm and turned into Vegas' sluttier little gang sister with 3 STDs. Vegas is still, however, the transvestite showgirl of America.
Obsidian:
Now working on Fallout: New Undermountain!

They promise to spend only a year on this title - only a year less than the original Descent to Undermountain!
Waferthinmint
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Waferthinmint »

Manoil wrote:
Blargh wrote:Rocket Science ?

NO !

'Tis Spanish.

:rofl:

Oho. :drunk:
...Well-played.
Waferthinmint wrote:menstruation
Dude, seriously... quit crying. Your vag-blood is making this whole forum smell like fish
Troll is obvious Troll
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I smell tuna.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
nativesonjls
SDF!
SDF!

Politics make the world go round

Post by nativesonjls »

Well with the news that EA is out of the picture and Bethesda will publish Rage with ID (also owned by ZeniMax) I paused a second to review their status, desert environment, mutants, Ark or should we say vault, and programing is close (see Gameinformer) but not finished, could make changes but still publish this year, with a little help from the co-owned company's, (Bethesda, Obsidian, etc) (remember Bio Shock 2 called in help) why not use this platform.................and the rumors are that Bethesda may have to let them use their code even with a few changes................ZeniMax again,

"you kids just play nice, were family now"[/u]
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

What part of North Carolina are you from?
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Re: Politics make the world go round

Post by King of Creation »

nativesonjls wrote:Well with the news that EA is out of the picture and Bethesda will publish Rage with ID (also owned by ZeniMax) I paused a second to review their status, desert environment, mutants, Ark or should we say vault, and programing is close (see Gameinformer) but not finished, could make changes but still publish this year, with a little help from the co-owned company's, (Bethesda, Obsidian, etc) (remember Bio Shock 2 called in help) why not use this platform.................and the rumors are that Bethesda may have to let them use their code even with a few changes................ZeniMax again,

"you kids just play nice, were family now"[/u]
I wrote a news post a while back about Rage saying how that was how Fallout 3 should have looked, not the grey/blue hued world it looks like now. However, New Vegas is going to use the same Gamebryo engine again.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Pawns4Mons
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Pawns4Mons »

Action Filled??

:(

This is exactly why my last "Action" game was Halo 3

And Hopefully New Vegas won't be to Fallout what Metro 2033 is to S.T.A.L.K.E.R

-also note how I don't put New Vegas in the same category as Fallout :joy:
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Pawns4Mons, you do realize that Fallout: New Vegas is the next sequel right? And that it is being made by the people that made the original games? And that Fallout 3 sucks ballsack in comparison to the originals? And that Bethesda's developers are nowhere near as good as Obsidians? C'mon, get with the program.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

King of Creation wrote:it is being made by the people that made the original games?
Good one, KoC! :hahano:
electronicdaze
SDF!
SDF!

Post by electronicdaze »

Just look at the top FO3 and Oblivion mods being downloaded from the nexus sites, and you know why they picked the New Vegas title: A convincing reason to include big boobs and cleavage in the game.

Need more proof? Okay. It's still Fallout 3 and not Fallout 4. Why, you ask? Because '3' looks like big boobs, and '4' looks like a pair of crossed legs.

And in answer to the criticism of how blacks are portrayed? BAM!! You're in the wild west now baby, and those poorly rendered black characters? Mexicans. Problem? Solved!
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

King of Creation wrote:Pawns4Mons, you do realize that Fallout: New Vegas is the next sequel right? And that it is being made by the people that made the original games? And that Fallout 3 sucks ballsack in comparison to the originals? And that Bethesda's developers are nowhere near as good as Obsidians? C'mon, get with the program.
:joy:
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

King of Creation wrote:Pawns4Mons, you do realize that Fallout: New Vegas is the next sequel right? And that it is being made by the people that made the original games? And that Fallout 3 sucks ballsack in comparison to the originals? And that Bethesda's developers are nowhere near as good as Obsidians? C'mon, get with the program.
Wow you're really optimistic about NV arn't you.
Kickstand27
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Kickstand27 »

oh noes, hand eye co-ordination!
typos are bound to happen. fuck it
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

VasikkA wrote:
King of Creation wrote:it is being made by the people that made the original games?
Good one, KoC! :hahano:
Ehue. "Some" of the original devs. I think we can stretch the truth and go with that statement.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Las Vegas in the pooper.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Our Host!