ominous signs of treachery

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
wild_qwerty
Regular
Regular

Post by wild_qwerty »

Yes all main characters such as NPC, CNPCs main bosses should all be custom ( I hate calling them 'bosses' sounds too much like a console arcade game)
Fallout 3 Gold - For XBox, Gamecube and PS2, Now featuring 3 new end levels Bosses!
*Shudder* That just scare me...
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

ha ha ha thats a good call Lunchmeat!

Post by xbow »

Man that's too funny.. and right on target Lunchmeat

Just imagine a fat ass like vic bitching and whining, 'this armor is too tight', or I can hardly breathe oof!, or This body armor is rubbing my armpits raw! as he waddles around trying to keep up. And shouldnt such an NPC take a little agility hit while wearing poorly fitting armor? Of course you could find someone to make him a custom set of armor that fits and later in the game you could find somone to modify a suit of power armor for him at a rather high price and BOOM vic looks like a shining beer keg with shoulder armor and a helmet. With 3D its just another skin and a fat wireframe I think that would be cool..great Idea man
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

bloodbathmaster2 wrote:Yeah. We're just gonna have to wait and pray. It'll be a while before Bethesda has an alpha that they can start showing us bits of. Really only THEN can we bitch about it.
By the time they reach alpha stage, it's too late to bitch about anything. The game will be mostly complete with only a few new features added.
------------------
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by bloodbathmaster2 »

Heheheheheh. And thats really why its futile to bitch so much.
One day...
Hatchen
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Hatchen »

for the NPC's they should each have they're own Ai, making it more realistic. You wouldn't have to baby sit them, and like someone said, if they don't like what you do, they can leave the party or possibly start an arguement. they could possibbly have they're own fighting style but it would be as important.

I like the idea of having everyone custom and not neccessarily with just colour, you could have a tribal with painted armour and totems hanging off of it.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

i only get depressed by thinking about this.... all will be crap, like licking honey from someones ass.

all is lost.
I must find the necronomicon.
Aegeri
Regular
Regular

Post by Aegeri »

Personally, I've just given up all hope of ever getting a decent non crappified pile of crap Fallout 3.

In a way, I almost hope the game is a complete rape of the first two games, just so we can say we told you so.
I have returned from my dark slumber....
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

uggh!

Post by xbow »

What a depressing thought! You know there is an old saying, you can never go home

Home( for those that have left it) is an unchanging static memory of a
time and place. It's the same with fallout1 & 2 the same feel will never be there it will change. Fallout3 will resemble Fallout1 & 2 to the same degree that GWAR dressed up in their clown outfits could emulate a 1950's rock band, it aint gonna happen.
NOT A PEDOPHILE
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by NOT A PEDOPHILE »

Mismatch wrote: all will be crap, like licking honey from someones ass.
Rather...vivid mental image, but I'm forced to wonder exactly how you figured out that the game was so shitty? Have you played it?
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I think it's fair to say that most of the people that come to these boards have played enough games to know what sucks and what doesn't. You don't have to be experienced with the "dirty sanchez" to know that it probably isn't a fun experience to have done to you.

I'm not saying that a design team shouldn't be given a chance to create something. Of course final judgement should be reserved after observing the product but within reason. There are some dead giveaways to inferior products as any good consumer knows.
Last edited by Jimmyjay86 on Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

NOT A PEDOPHILE wrote: Rather...vivid mental image, but I'm forced to wonder exactly how you figured out that the game was so shitty? Have you played it?
Everything Bethesda has ever laid their hands on has turned to a steaming pile of crap. Kind of like the Midas touch in reverse.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
NOT A PEDOPHILE
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by NOT A PEDOPHILE »

Retlaw83 wrote:
NOT A PEDOPHILE wrote: Rather...vivid mental image, but I'm forced to wonder exactly how you figured out that the game was so shitty? Have you played it?
Everything Bethesda has ever laid their hands on has turned to a steaming pile of crap. Kind of like the Midas touch in reverse.
They made many large mistakes with Morrowind, yes. What leads you to believe that they haven't learned from those mistakes, if you don't mind me asking?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

They repeated those exact mistakes in the massive flop Pirates of the Caribean. That's why.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I'll just handle an earlier question you posed cause its one of the dumbest questions known to mankind and automatically deserves a "STFU U STUPID MORON" especially after having it be the sole argument in favor of Brotherhood of Steel for the longest damn time.

If somethings sounds like shit, looks like shit, etc etc, chances are HIGH it'll be shit. You don't have to try it to know. Now to be fair, we don't have anything like any visual evidence, but that in itself is a sign. Troika already had an engine and such prepared, Bethesda had big bucks and nothing else. That just sounds shitty on paper, I can't imagine how shitty that is if your Tim Cain, one of the people who ACTUALLY WORKED and knows how to create a GOOD Fallout product.

Look, I'm all for your opinion to give Fallout 3 a chance and be Bethesda's supporter. You have that right until I become world ruler, Just like how WE have the right to NOT like Bestheda based on how they've handled previous titles and the interviews they gave as well as other information.
Harriers for the cup.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Retlaw83 wrote:Kind of like the Midas touch in reverse.
The Sadim Touch - ' Everything I/you/John Howard/Bethesda touch(es) turns to shite . . '

The Prince of Tides was an excellent book in my opinion. Ha ha. :drunk:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

NOT A PEDOPHILE wrote: They made many large mistakes with Morrowind, yes. What leads you to believe that they haven't learned from those mistakes, if you don't mind me asking?
I have played different Bethesda games over the course of the past decade. And whether they're first person shooters or roleplaying games, they all have one thing in common: they suck atrociously.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Maccy Man
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Re: ominous signs of treachery

Post by Maccy Man »

xbow wrote:
Pete Hines: We're not going to go away from what it is that we do best. We're not going to suddenly do a top-down isometric Baldur's Gate-style game, because that's not what we do well.
Saint Proverbius says: Actually, that was from a phone interview Petey Hines did with IGN, and IGN basically fucked up the quote. so this treachery post started from a false premise Mr Hiness didnt say that. I wonder what he really said?

Making first person or fllowing first person fallout3 has about the same level of idiocy as making doom3 isometric.

A first person or fllowing first person Fallout3 will..................

BOMB AND CRATER :no:
Because it will feel nothing like fallout
who the fuck is pete hines?
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Shut the fuck up you fucking ruined what was a good thread.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Maccy Man
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Maccy Man »

bit me asshat
kill whales, make home with bones.
Our Host!