Ban maccy man

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.

:spacecat:

:salsa:
69%
:blargh:
31%

Total votes: 16

Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

spokomptonjdub wrote:
Manoil wrote:
King of Creation wrote:I agree...ban banning. I even revoked Ozrat's ban. I've seen him at NMA recently. Someone tell him to come over and post some stupidity.
I'm sorry... what?

Just as any other tool, banning is a function used for a purpose. And just like any other tool, though it can be annoying to use, it does serve that purpose.

It'd be better to have this place lightly inactive at times rather than be infected with a plethera of moronic thirteen year-olds making this place disgusting to tolerate and a complete pain in the ass to keep an eye on.

It seems to be a recurring topic, so why don't we look at the example of 4chan? No laws or guidelines or general standards of intelligence, and the place is overrun by incompetent jackasses posting pictures of their penises and refusing to hold even the slightest possibility of intelligent conversation. It's fucking vile, man! As the KoC[k], it's your responsibility to keep an eye on things, and if need be, exile the douchebags who fail to participate in kind with things or, at the very least, abide by some general amount of courtesy. Understandably, we fuck around to a great extent on here, but at least the news, discussions, scientific theories and unintelligible rantings are all active participation in creating something bigger than all of us.

Everything from Catman's salsa to Blargh calling me an egregious cunt has slowly compiled to make this place what it is, and for us to just... remove the immune system and let all the Invader Zim d-bags who answer every thought out post with "ur gay"... can you imagine how fucking boring this place would be? How cancerous and idiotic it would become?

I'm aware that this sounds overboard, obviously, but even the idea itself is a slippery slope that can make this place fall. FAR.

---------
Monologue removed
+50 rads
+6 shame
No.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Gimp Mask wrote:edit: just out of curiosity, was the calculation based on word count or character count?
An excellent question. I did spend a good time pondering this and came to the conclusion that the human mind comprehends words rather than an arrangement of characters when it performs the function known as reading, so I decided to go with word count in my calculations. Hopefully I made the correct choice.

By the way, using character count the result would've been 12.5 %.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

i understand your decision to choose word count and fully agree with the reasoning behind it. character count would probably be more useful for purely statistical purposes but i doubt it would have any real world applicability, especially in the context of reading. pragmaticalness ftw :che:

again, thank you homez
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

VasikkA wrote:DAC is timeless.
Except when someone forgets to pay the bills(once a year)
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Seriously though, get sucurrity to get Maccy the fuck out
Our Host!