Voltergeist: November "Fallout 3 Wasteland" Mix :M

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.

Did you enjoy the mix?

Yes, it was awesome and it helped me to win an arm-wrestle contest with a Behemoth!
50%
Thanks for asking, but it's not really my thing...
No votes
No, it was awful and I hate you for turning my mind into a Wasteland.
10%
Shut up. Just tell me where my father is.
30%
:twevletytyeyttllaoorororororo nyam nyam nyam: (spot reserved for Blargh)
10%

Total votes: 10

Voltergeist
SDF!
SDF!

Voltergeist: November "Fallout 3 Wasteland" Mix :M

Post by Voltergeist »

Hey there Fallout Freaks!

Finally, and just in time (before November 2008 comes to a close), I've managed to source all of the tracks I wanted in order to make this wee tribute to the post-nuclear Wasteland of the terrifying and utterly engaging Fallout 3 videogame (Bethesda Softworks)...

This wee mix is the perfect accompaniment to your Fallout 3 gaming experience, and if you're not quite as much of a gaming geek as I am then it'll keep your ears and brain thoroughly entertained and freaked out just as much as if you were trapped inside an equally horrifically realized virtual post-nuclear world...

Of course, it's a little more than most Vault 101 dwellers might be used to... Incorporating a blend of my favourite (albeit rather dark and twisted) musical genres and tracks ranging from early acid music to pulsating techno, ear shredding industrial scrapings, wartime classics and throbbing dubstep...

"I don't want to set the world on fire, I just want to start a flame in your heart..."

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R1UPSGGK

TRACKLIST:
01 - The Ink Spots - I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire - [DECCA Records]
02 - James Plotkin & Tim Wyskida - Improvisation 8 - [Hydra Head Records]
03 - Plastikman - Psyk - [M_nus Records]
04 - Brutal Truth - Ironlung - [Earache Records]
05 - Add N to X - The Black Regent (intro) - [Mute Records]
06 - Polygon Window - untitled - [Warp Records]
07 - Voltergeist - Wasteland Atmospherics [unreleased]
08 - Lee Van Dowski - The Darkened Component - [Num Records]
09 - Revolting Cocks - Gila Copter feat. Timothy Leary (intro) - [Wax Trax]
10 - Robert M - Elektro Tape - [Datapunk Records]
11 - Bob Crosby - Way Back Home - [Soundies Records]
12 - Samim - Setup One [Get Physical Records]
13 - Voltergeist - The Oldest Oak [Microrave Records]
14 - Fallout 3 Voiceovers - Harold - [Fallout 3 Videogame by Bethesda Softworks]
15 - LFO - Jason Vorhees - [Warp Records]
16 - Richie Hawtin - Orange_Minus - [M_nus Records]
17 - Revolting Cocks - Gila Copter feat. Timothy Leary (reprise) - [Wax Tracks]
18 - Richie Hawtin - Minus_Orange1 - [M_nus Records]
19 - Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral (sample) - [Nothing Records]
20 - The Clash - Rock The Kasbah (Voltergeist Edit)
21 - Trentemoeller - Rykketid - [Audiomatique Recordings]
22 - Drumcell - Analog God (Audio Injection Remix) - [Droid Recordings]
23 - Deadbeat - Roots And Wire - [Wagon Repair]
24 - Heartthrob - Confession - [M_nus Records]
25 - Bochum Welt - Radiopropulsive - [Rephlex Records]
26 - The Ink Spots - I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire (reversed) - [DECCA Records]

Mixed, recorded and mastered by S Dowse (Voltergeist) November 28th 2008.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R1UPSGGK
-------------------------------------------------------------

Visit Voltergeist on MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/thevoltergeist

Visit Voltergeist on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Voltergei ... 560?ref=mf

Visit Voltergeist on Bebo
http://www.bebo.com/voltergeist

:flamed: :flamed: :flamed:
Voltergeist
SDF!
SDF!

Mysterious Stranger

Post by Voltergeist »

Wow!

Thanks for the anonymous vote!

I'm glad you liked it, you "Mysterious Stranger"!

That'll be the first Mysterious Stranger visit I've had yet!

Shaun V-Geist

;]
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

advertising anything as Fallout3-related here is a dubious idea..
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

PiP wrote:advertising anything as Fallout3-related here is a dubious idea..

We could co-opt Fallout 3 and make up stories of how cool it is.

Say we were development consultants and they ripped us off by switching us from salaried to hourly wage workers.

Then they fired us.

Now we're bitter.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

so it is good or not? do i download D:
Voltergeist
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Voltergeist »

advertising anything as Fallout3-related here is a dubious idea..
Ahh... So this is a hardcore Fallout site, dedicated to upholding the traditional playability, style and feel of the original games!

Well, the last console I had before I got hold of the XBox 360 was a NES! I fear that I have missed out on too much of a good thing by not having played the original Fallout games...

However, all the hype and talk surrounding Fallout 3 encouraged me to buy it and I'm having a thoroughly good time playing it. It has also led me to buy the original games from Black Isle (Interplay) so that I can "get right into it"!!!

I haven't started playing them yet, but they sound like they're going to be a pretty immersive eperience...

However, this wee mix was inspired by Fallout 3, so credit where credit's due to Bethesda!

No matter, it was Black Isle who originally wanted to use the Ink Spots track in the first place, so I suppose that credit for inspiration could equally go to the original game creators, without whom none of us would even be having this discussion...

Hope you enjoy it all the same...

Shaun Voltergeist

;] :eyebrow:
Voltergeist
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Voltergeist »

Oh, PS:
S4ur0n27 wrote:so it is good or not? do i download D:
That all depends on your musical taste. You might absolutely hate it!

I hope not though, it took ages to do it!

;]
Voltergeist
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Voltergeist »

Looking at the poll results is really entertaining...

I especially like the "Shut up. Just tell me where my father is." option...

To the (currently) one person who totally hates me for ruining his/her mind I can only apologise, and hope that a good dose of "RaveEX" will clean your poor ears out and return you to your unpolluted self...

Thank you for taking the time to view my wee post and download my mix. Let's keep this post going and invite others to upload their own mixes if they have the time.

That'll be a good little project, and should introduce a lot of exciting new music into people's lives!

Shaun

;]
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

It's good collection of songs, but I think Bethesda pushed the 50s angle WAY too hard.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Voltergeist
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Voltergeist »

Retlaw83 wrote:It's good collection of songs, but I think Bethesda pushed the 50s angle WAY too hard.
Perhaps so... I think this is what's drawn reviewers to compare the game with the thoroughly excellent BioShock! There are more than a few similarities... I guess they've gone for the attitude that Bioshock was such a huge success, they might as well play on the overall design ideas that made it so.

However, the images, music and atmospheres of Bioshock were more than certainly based on the ideas created by Black Isle for the original Fallout games. I like the inclusion of 40's/50's songs. It adds to the feeling of "all-out-war"... And I know that it's one of the things Black Isle wanted to do originally. The only problem was that the licenses would have been far too expensive for Black Isle to afford at the time, so they obviously concentrated on the gameplay much more than the "gimmicks"...

Still, that doesn't affect my wee mix. It doesn't really matter about the debates we're discussing here. The mix isn't about gaming politics at all. It's much more about dancing until your feet fall off, or nodding your head until you develop whiplash...

Fallout 3 was a good starting point for me, and I'm so glad that I posted a link to my mix up here as it's really encouraged me to explore the original Fallout games. There are so many well-educated and passionate people on this site, and some of the comments and content I've seen in this particular forum are so entertaining that I'm starting to spend an unhealthy amount of time here!

;]

:joy:
sarge112
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by sarge112 »

Voltergeist wrote: the thoroughly excellent BioShock!
You're not gonna make many friends here :drunk:
Voltergeist
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Voltergeist »

Oh come on...

What's wrong with Bioshock now?

Some of you are really hard to please... I'd love to play one of your games if you create them. They must be absolutley astounding...

;)
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

The biggest problem with Bioshock was that it wasn't as good as System Shock. Other than that, I thought it was pretty decent.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

Voltergeist wrote:Oh come on...

What's wrong with Bioshock now?
The Godmode being enabled by default for starters.
Voltergeist wrote:Some of you are really hard to please... I'd love to play one of your games if you create them. They must be absolutley astounding...

;)
Well, seeing as we are a professional development studio with the mainstream market licking up our design ideals, Christmas might be coming early this year (not too early).

In the meantime, please participate in our fun-for-the-whole-family forum game: The aim is to be more venomous, bitter and spiteful than the poster above you. Ready - Steady - Go.

(As in, I'm hijacking this thread)
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

[[TOX LEADS THE MATCH WITH 2 FRAGS]]
:warmyogurt:
Voltergeist
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Voltergeist »

Fair play...

What on earth has this debate got to do with steam navigation up the river Clyde?

Get some Fallout inspired mixes up here... That was the point of starting this thread in the first place!

Tsk...

;)
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Voltergeist wrote:Some of you are really hard to please... I'd love to play one of your games if you create them. They must be absolutley astounding...
I would've hooked you up with Killa, but it seems none of the download links are functioning. :sadblinky:
Voltergeist
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Voltergeist »

VasikkA wrote:
I would've hooked you up with Killa, but it seems none of the download links are functioning. :sadblinky:
Killa? Sounds intriguing... So there are some really creative people on here after all! I was starting to think that it was just people who liked moaning about the games that I like... ;)

Well, let's be honest. I've only started playing games again recently... The last time I owned a console it was a NES (when games really WERE all about playability), and apart from owning an Amiga at the age of 12 (which I used to write crunchy and totally awful music using ProTracker & Octamed, oh and to play Syndicate!) I've been using computers solely to produce music... Thankfully quite a bit better than the days of ProTracker...

So I need to be educated, as I've missed out a huge chunk of my gaming life! And you know what... Playing videogames is actually extremely inspirational for creativity! I was always told that videogames would destroy my mind... Since it was destroyed many moons ago by other forces, I've decided to wholeheartedly throw myself into it all. I love it!

So thanks everybody for putting me in my place... I fear that my mind may implode with ecstasy when I finally get around to discovering some proper games... And perhaps I'll look back at my comments about Fallout 3 and Biosock and laugh until my stomach swallows my entire head...

Meanwhile, don't forget to get my wee mix around your trembling earbones... The link's in the first post of this thread...

Shaun V-Geist

;]

PS Somebody else added the last option in the Poll... I don't know who, but it is a silly option. Unlike Camelot..... Actually, on second thoughts... let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.
Our Host!