Throwing the fans a bone

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Throwing the fans a bone

Post by jetbaby »

Am I right in that? There is a suit of T-51b. One suit. Hidden away in a SUPA SEKRET MILITRI INSTALLERSHEN. So... why doesn't the Brotherhood have it? And it still doesn't look right. Helmet is cool, rest is pretty :? In other news... that's all the news.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Always on the frontlines, jet B)
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

just one?
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Yeah, the regular Brotherhood douchebags are in T42d or whatever it's called.

It's like the west coast Brotherhood went, "lol go to dc and take our old armor none of the previous games hinted that we had with you lol"
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I think there was previous Power Armour models detailed in holotapes or some such in previous Fallouts. I could've sworn I heard Ausir or someone similar mentioning it when the Fallout 3 teaser originally came out.
WORLDonFIRE
Regular
Regular

Post by WORLDonFIRE »

Fallout:3 they changed it now it sucks!
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Always on the frontlines, jet B)
You know it :vietnam:
Dogmeatlives wrote:just one?
Yes, just one.
Retlaw83 wrote:Yeah, the regular Brotherhood douchebags are in T42d or whatever it's called.

It's like the west coast Brotherhood went, "lol go to dc and take our old armor none of the previous games hinted that we had with you lol"
To my knowledge the only reference to the "prototype PA" (T-42d or whatever) had a single mention ever, and that was in the Fallout bible.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Do you remember a gaming mag that featured a picture of the brotherhood armor, and there was a ruccus about how small the body looked in proportion to the head, and I believe Todd or Pete came out and claimed that the picture was somehow screwy and that the mag had resized it or something? Any way, that was an obvious lie. The armor really does look goofy. I believe that if Bethesda had made the male character models more imposing in terms of larger bodies, the armor would come off as more awesome. I'm thinking sorta the way the WoW folks gave all their male characters super muscles, but obviously not to that extreme.

Again, when I made my character, he looked a bit sissyish. I always imagined a vaultdweller/chosenone type character to be somewhat batmanish in his proportions, and general badassedness. The character I made in FO3 just reminded me of a Bethesda programmer.

FO3 is the only game in which I gave my character a full-on wildman beard just to give him some dignity.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

beards ftw in FO3 - I can't help but think each time I'm shooting in VATS when I get a closeup of my own face how nice and happy I look to be spraying somebody's gore on the wall with my automatic weapon, regardless of the fact that I'm a nice guy...

Also - just found the armor yesterday - and I was thinking - the problem I have with Bethesda's games (at least Oblivion and FO3, which are really the only two i've played extensively in the last 5 years or so) is that all the secret stuff seems to be a letdown. It doesn't feel...built up? It doesn't crescendo?

When I saw the power armor I wasn't like "OH SHIT IT'S the old school powah ahmah!!!!" It was like "oh that's nice it's a nod to the old style...cute."

I went into the ... shit ... midwich..no...whatever - some tower that references Cthulhu or whatever - I see this quick flashback type thing and I fight a glowing one. Big deal - I'd already killed half a dozen by that point so was it supposed to be a boss fight or something? Negro please.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Re: Throwing the fans a bone

Post by popscythe »

jetbaby wrote:Am I right in that? There is a suit of T-51b. One suit. Hidden away in a SUPA SEKRET MILITRI INSTALLERSHEN. So... why doesn't the Brotherhood have it? And it still doesn't look right. Helmet is cool, rest is pretty :? In other news... that's all the news.
Am I the only one who remembers that the Medics from starcraft supposedly had nearly identical armor in the fluff?

Goddamn bethesda, the one thing people keep talking about from the game and you stole it from another, completely unrelated game.

You pieces of shit.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Dogmeatlives wrote:FO3 is the only game in which I gave my character a full-on wildman beard just to give him some dignity.
Our Host!