Some Little Help Please

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Jerico
SDF!
SDF!

Some Little Help Please

Post by Jerico »

Hello Again!
I have always had stupid questions for you guys here is another one(PLEASE DON´T HATE). I have created the building and teams and added the spawngeneric point, but when I load the mission it show the build, but there is nobody to control, no players so my question is how do I put somebody in to my team as the player. Does it have anything do with that I play it as "SKIRMISH" mission not as a campaing, and question two can I get some world map pictures anywhere or can I get the one what was used in game. Sorry for asking so many stupid questions, but it seems that my IQ is smaller than my shoe number. :oops:
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

When you start the game make sure you go to the single player game and then load custom mission. If you don't get a character to play when the game starts then you did something wrong with the player index. Check the section on my tutorial - "Guide to the Player Index":
http://www.execpc.com/~yance/Fallout/Ba ... orials.htm
GrimJim
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Re: Some Little Help Please

Post by GrimJim »

this is what i did.... hope it helps....

first open level edit, open the level you want to edit, on the top right in the is on the bar is "Level" click on it, open the TEAM option and make sure you put team one as Player or something of that nature.... then hit ok..
then click on Player option, and
on the left it should say like
o. scenery
1.human or BOS

click on the HUMAN and on the right side of options where it says team
put a 1 there..

now go back to your ENTITY, and set his Player Index to 1. at the top of the graybar scrolling list of the entity, is should say HUMAN.. try that....

Jerico wrote:Hello Again!
I have always had stupid questions for you guys here is another one(PLEASE DON´T HATE). I have created the building and teams and added the spawngeneric point, but when I load the mission it show the build, but there is nobody to control, no players so my question is how do I put somebody in to my team as the player. Does it have anything do with that I play it as "SKIRMISH" mission not as a campaing, and question two can I get some world map pictures anywhere or can I get the one what was used in game. Sorry for asking so many stupid questions, but it seems that my IQ is smaller than my shoe number. :oops:
GrimJim,
NOT to be mistaken with "The Brothers Grimm"
"What's so funny about a Floating TankTurret?"
"Please don't make me hurt you"
"So you don't want to barter ah, that's ok, I'll just kill you then take it off your dead body =)"
Our Host!