Worries.

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
TNP
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by TNP »

Actually it will probably be more like Oblivion than Bioshock. I'm sure it will have less openness than Oblivion, though.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I'm pretty sure that atleast Bioshock never put up the illusion they were trying to make anything more then a FPS.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Wolfman Walt wrote:.....Wait, I just realized something. If all the cars are fucking Nuclear in this game, why the fuck was there a war over gasoline?
2060: Traffic on the streets of the world stops moving. Fuel becomes too precious to waste on automobiles, so alternatives are explored - electric and fusion cars begin to be manufactured, but factories can only make limited amounts while conserving fuel. The US economy teeters on bankruptcy. Pressure on fusion research increases.

The Euro-Middle Eastern War ends as the oil fields in the Middle East run dry... there is no longer a goal in the conflict, and both sides are reduced almost to ruin. The European Commonwealth dissolves into quarelling nation states, fighting over the remaining resources.

(according to J.E. Sawyer)
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

i always thought a conversion from Fallout 2D to realtime Fallout 3D would be something similiar to Postal, only three times harder, slaves, prostitutes, children, deathclaws, bitches, mafiosis, mushrooms, drugs, etc. I was hoping for a kind of 3rd person shooter ala Hitman-style with hand made death animations and lots of sarcastic humor, crazy bomb carrying niggas, who scream "Nightrida 4 life" with a little dash of GTA, flavored with Manhunt, and gilded with some Vampires:Bloodlines including a improved slave system and other nasty boobs physics.

Roleplaying darthvader in some black powerarmor would be a hell of a collar grabbing fun. Aww, but what happend, Bethesda turned the dick into a pussy.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Yeah but Bethesda needs to come up with something to show t3h awesome graphic FX. Otherwise console kids won't get enough stimulation for their degenerated dry brains.
���������
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

All i care about is that they add the modding tools.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

VasikkA wrote:
Wolfman Walt wrote:.....Wait, I just realized something. If all the cars are fucking Nuclear in this game, why the fuck was there a war over gasoline?
2060: Traffic on the streets of the world stops moving. Fuel becomes too precious to waste on automobiles, so alternatives are explored - electric and fusion cars begin to be manufactured, but factories can only make limited amounts while conserving fuel. The US economy teeters on bankruptcy. Pressure on fusion research increases.
Right, which I understand and it makes perfect sense when applied to Fallout 2 with the Highwayman, I.E. it's one of those rare fusion cars. However, this is EVERY car laying around, as far as I can tell. Limited amounts to me means like 1:100, if that many. Not 1:1.
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

TNP wrote:Actually it will probably be more like Oblivion than Bioshock. I'm sure it will have less openness than Oblivion, though.
If you insist on saying things that imply you are a fucking stupid child like (paraphrased to not sound like a fucking dick) "oblivion was less linear than x game" then I am going to insist you fucking kill yourself.

Oblivion was more linear than diablo 2.

I fucking said it.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Splatterpope
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Splatterpope »

I guess the common consensus here in the light of all the information given is that it's okay to have nukular cars, but not nearly so many of them, and it's just plain stupid to be able to start a chain reaction by shooting one. Unless we're using incredibly high velocity uranium bullets, or something.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

the cars still should not be able to ever reach critical mass, and i would guess the distribution of the core would be made as foolproof as possible(except of course by bethesda)

offtopic: what do they use for PA tampons?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Wolfman Walt wrote:However, this is EVERY car laying around, as far as I can tell. Limited amounts to me means like 1:100, if that many. Not 1:1.
Wait, have I missed something? Do you have a screenshot or an interview to verify this?

I'd reckon there'd be a lot of non-functional gasoline-driven cars in scrapyards or lying abandoned on the highways. Fusion-powered cars should be as scarce as chest hair on Aptyp.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I'm pretty sure the video demos made it look like EVERY car was a miniature nuke waiting to be set off. Thats why everyones goin on about interviews talking about using the exploding nuke cars as a "Chain reaction."
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

kinda like Image ?

Now that's just fucked up. D:
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

VasikkA wrote:Now that's just fucked up. D:
But not suprising, coming from the people who created the "teach your swordsman to fly with space bar holding technology" simulator.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

Now I'm no expert at engines or anything, but what else would we need gasoline for that couldn't be powered by mass produced miniaturized nuclear technology or nuclear power plants?
A lot of stuff that you wouldn't realise. Cosmetics, lubricants, medicines, plastics, etc. - all made from petroleum byproducts.
"When conversing about oligarchy, you must consider this point: Many children are taught from an early age that monarchies are primarily benevolent, and are given very little to discourage this opinion until at least adolesence. Even more prevalent are stories about the supposed benevolence of heirs to the throne, symbolising a cycle which they are taught is good."
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

RAK wrote:A lot of stuff that you wouldn't realise. Cosmetics, lubricants, medicines, plastics, etc. - all made from petroleum byproducts.
Almost everything you touch.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

RAK wrote:A lot of stuff that you wouldn't realise. Cosmetics, lubricants, medicines, plastics, etc. - all made from petroleum byproducts.
Lubricants and Medicines I do see as neccesary, and to a lesser extent plastics, however, I imagine that since we're talking about such futuristic technology that they micronize Nuclear engines and make them safe enough for standard cars, they'd be able to find an alternative to using petrolium. I mean, theres already alternatives to petrolium based lubricants to my understanding, so it still doesn't make that much sense to me.
Caleb
Strider
Strider

Post by Caleb »

Heres the problem w/ alt fuel currently: it takes about 20 years for new cars and new tech to settle in, being that people REALLY don't buy NEW cars that often. I'm guessing the same would be with industry; it would cost entirely too much to upgrade everything solid at one given time. Then again...it seems clearly stated in the post from JE...they just ran out of time...
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

Okay, come the fuck on. You all must realize that you can burn the christ out of lots of things that are liquidy.

That's not the motherfucking point, kids. The point is that the idea that you can swing a non-projectile flamethrower that's powered by gasoline and relies on melee contact into a gun fight and not burn yourself to death.

Either the guy in that interview like designed some shit from oblivion and is a certified fucking idiot, or he's confused and was thinking about a non-fallout game. Because it's not going to fucking happen, amirite? Not in anything but bethesda country.
Goretheglowingone
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member
Location: DAC (YEA FUCKERS! WHAT'S IT TO YOU? HUH! HUH! , I Gotta go butt sex a nun now..

Post by Goretheglowingone »

fallout ranger wrote:
Almost everything you touch.
and dont forget the single most important thing in the world , hydraulic fluid, without it, we go back to dry gearing winches and basically.. early 20's technology, hundreds of thousands would die just from the lack
of distribution ability, we would be back to steam trains and ships,
could go nuke with those but the expense would be astronomical.
Our Host!