Call of Duty 4

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Call of Duty 4

Post by fallout ranger »

http://www.callofduty.com/

Thay've completely changed the setting and theme of it, but it looks good as hell. Perhaps it was time for a change.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

That's like the fourth game in 4 years?
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

nice <strike>graphics</strike> game.
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

It's kinda weird that a franchise based on WW2 would so drastically change .
does this work
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I dunno, while theres like 5 million WWII shooters, it kinda felt like Call of Duty really did it right.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

Vietcong is like the Call of Duty of Vietnam. I recommend.
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

DaC-Sniper wrote:Vietcong is like the Call of Duty of Vietnam. I recommend.
Black ops?
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

I just got my beta token for this, I probably won't have time to check it out until tomorrow night.
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

Lucky...
does this work
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

I tried it last night but the match making service kept disconnecting me from XBL. I didn't have much patience for it and went back to BioShock, nearing the end.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

www.callofduty.com wrote:most treacherous hotspots around the globe to take on a rogue enemy group threatening the world
Counter-Strike!

Why can't they have something, at least somewhat, original in any of their game concepts? First they make a WW2 shooter, wow a bright new idea, and now they decided to make a CS-remake. Whoop-de-fucking-doo.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Honestly, I thought it looked more like Battlefield 2 then CS. I hate the idea as well, but what new settings would you, or anyone really, propose? I guess Vietnam would have been cooler, there hasn't really been an awesome Vietnam game to my knowledge and I've only seen one game about the Korean Conflict ever (And it was a strategy game), but still, I'm curious what everyone else thinks Call of Duty 4 should have been.
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

Well they said its gonna be fighting in "raghead" places and in russia so not all of it is the whole COUNTER TERRORISTS win shit
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Honestly, I thought it looked more like Battlefield 2 then CS. I hate the idea as well, but what new settings would you, or anyone really, propose? I guess Vietnam would have been cooler, there hasn't really been an awesome Vietnam game to my knowledge and I've only seen one game about the Korean Conflict ever (And it was a strategy game), but still, I'm curious what everyone else thinks Call of Duty 4 should have been.
WWI B)
:dead: In remembrance of Porcu :dead:
TNP
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by TNP »

This will hopefully be alright and not too high-tech computerized warfare that drives me insane.
Aneurysm wrote:WWI B)
I'm surprised they haven't done something like that yet. You could easily play a single player campaign from both sides of the conflict even the Germans without negative feedback, would be interesting indeed.
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

TNP wrote:This will hopefully be alright and not too high-tech computerized warfare that drives me insane.
Aneurysm wrote:WWI B)
I'm surprised they haven't done something like that yet. You could easily play a single player campaign from both sides of the conflict even the Germans without negative feedback, would be interesting indeed.
They're trying to go for a larger audience. World war 1 just doesn't go for everybody. However intresting it might be the majority doesnt know shit about WW1 the trench warfare and shit doesnt work for them its gotto be shooting in large fields rather then trenches I mean have you ever seen any fps WW1 games? Its the whole CS generation thats in control of the market.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

you earn experience points by killing and you can use that to get perks/custom classes, i think some of the team game modes also unlock after you've reached a certain rank. in game, if you get kill streaks you get to call in an air strike. (3 in a row did it for me). I think there's also a helicopter that will actively search an area of the map to kill enemies for you. I've only played on one map called "vacant" it didn't seem like too big of an area. I've been able to play for all of 8 minutes but usually I spend more time looking at a "connection failed" window. Betas.

seems like it'll be a pretty solid release title but I'm really bored with the urban warfare thing. R6 Vegas scratched that itch pretty well and from the way COD4 seems to play I don't think I'll enjoy combat here as much.
Goretheglowingone
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member
Location: DAC (YEA FUCKERS! WHAT'S IT TO YOU? HUH! HUH! , I Gotta go butt sex a nun now..

Post by Goretheglowingone »

blah blah blah.
Last edited by Goretheglowingone on Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
EATER OF STUPID CHILDREN
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

uhm... wrong thread?
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Wolfman Walt wrote:I'm curious what everyone else thinks Call of Duty 4 should have been.
The rape of Nanking.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Our Host!