My Campaign problem...

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
LBS
SDF!
SDF!

My Campaign problem...

Post by LBS »

Hi, i'm a fallout player who decide to make a campaign for Fallout Tactics. I made a mission called Subway as starting map. Then I created a file called mycamp it Fallout Tactics/core folder, created the tables and missions, and such files what the tutorial told to create. Then I edited the campaign.txt (the original is saved in a different folder) as it told and started a Custom campaign. But...

But when I want to start my game, the game tells: Can't find Subway.mis... But I created it and implented in campaign editor... But it showd as Unknown...

I edited the campaign.txt at second time, set subway to starting map (changed the mission1), set it visited... And yet the game can't find it...

I think I'm lost... Can anybody help me to create a campaign (which can advanced after the editing when I have the mood)? I need a really detailed how-to-do-it, because the editors can't help me here...
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Re: My Campaign problem...

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

LBS wrote:Then I created a file called mycamp it Fallout Tactics/core folder, created the tables and missions, and such files what the tutorial told to create.
Your 'mycamp' folder needs to go directly in the Fallout Tactics folder at the same level as the core folder not inside it.

C:\Program Files\14 Degrees East\Fallout Tactics\mycamp

All the files you edit should now be saved in the duplicate folders without overwriting any of the original files if you start the editor using the path command.

"C:\Program Files\14 Degrees East\Fallout Tactics\FT Tools.exe" -path mycamp

Then make a short cut to the game with the path command then the game should find your new starting mission.
LBS
SDF!
SDF!

Post by LBS »

Thank you very much, it worked. :hug:

Now I had "encountered" a new problem: how can I create areas, where the player can't go (like oceans and seas) on the world map. How can I do it? (I would like using a new World map made from satellite photos)
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Simple answer no one really knows. It's meant to be something to do with alpha channels but no one managed to get it working. Well Working claimed to have done so, but never released anything and he was using a map with the same dimensions as the original.

I believe that the blockable areas and movement speeds were hardcoded onto the cam file because if you import a new image into the existing cam file (with same dimensions and grid size) the blocked areas would still be in the same place.
PsychoSniper5
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by PsychoSniper5 »

Just accept that teh folks that made craptics were fools, and accept thise limitations.

Good luck on making this game show a little quality (which only modders can do)
LBS
SDF!
SDF!

Post by LBS »

Hi.

First: requiem_for_a_starfury, thanks for your help. You are a great guy, who can help to a girl, who likes Fallout 2 & Tactics also. :joy:

Second: PsychoSniper5, I don't accept your thougths on the "folks that made" FT. You don't like it, but I am... OK, not a real Fallout, but it has its own good qualities (editor, teamplay, multi...). Fallout 2 was better, but (as the mods showed) Tactics can be good also...

And the important: if I could make a Fallout 2-like campaing to the FT... Then I can call myself to a modder? :)
Vault Maker
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Vault Maker »

Worldmap movement rates are now solved. My avatar is a teaser.

Head over to NMA to see: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=425397
LBS
SDF!
SDF!

Post by LBS »

Thank you very much. I think now I have some ideas. :joy:
Our Host!