Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Do you watch "Buffy"?

Yes, religiously.
20%
Yes, sometimes.
17%
Yes, if there's nothing else on.
7%
Well, I used to, but then Joss left to make "Firefly" and he left that bitch Marti Noxon in charge, who promptly sucked the life out of the show with her contrived lunacy, and, well, everything has gone down the crapper. So, no.
17%
No. It sucks.
40%

Total votes: 30

TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Yeah, she's nice... I still like Willow from Buffy... *drools at the mention of her name*
DansingMungki
Respected
Respected

Post by DansingMungki »

I don't actually like Willow at all but of course I wouldnt say no, not that that means anything though.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

I liked her vampire form better when cordilia wanted it so that Buffy never came to Sunnydale :)
DansingMungki
Respected
Respected

Post by DansingMungki »

Yeh I must admit she looked quite sexy as a vampire.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

mmmmmm *nods his head* yeah, all that skin-tight leather...
Beef
Respected
Respected

Post by Beef »

Damn American 'modern drama'... Grr...
Walks with the Snails
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Walks with the Snails »

Yeah, Fred is quite attractive. Between her and Cordelia, Angel wins in the babe department hands down.

Maybe it is partly age with the Buffy girls. Plenty of women start looking even better as they get older, though. Just not those 3, I guess.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Yeah, easily...
DansingMungki
Respected
Respected

Post by DansingMungki »

Aye most Woman are either are allright in theyre late teens then get better looking in theyre late 20's or are gorgeous in theyre late teens but then start to lose it.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Yeah, it's too bad that most of the women in Buffy fall into the second catagory but thatnkfully Drusilla doesn't...
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

Well, they look good to me! SMG is pretty skinny though, and you can see all the sharp edges when she has her hair pulled back. I liked her in Season 2. Short hair? Meat on the bones? [Drools.]
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

I just want to know when Angel learned to fight. He was pretty much a pussy during the first two seasons of Buffy.

Buffy: "Why don't you go down there?"

Angel: "Because I'm afraid."

C'mon.. Pussy!

Still, as far as fighting, I think the best move I'd seen on Buffy was when she did the handspring on this crate while grabbing the crate on her follow through, and then landed, smashing it on a vampire's head. Great move, and very funny at the same time.

As far as Angel goes, I haven't seen that much of it, but the one's I've seen were fairly.. dumb. About the only thing I really like about Angel's show is Skip, the demon guardian guy who pops up every now and then. Skip rules.
------------------
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Angel learned to fight in the renessance (If that's how you spell it) when he was turned by Darla. The one person I really hate in Angel is Lorne, the green demon with the bar... that's worse than Star Trek's holodeck.
DansingMungki
Respected
Respected

Post by DansingMungki »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:I just want to know when Angel learned to fight. He was pretty much a pussy during the first two seasons of Buffy.

Buffy: "Why don't you go down there?"

Angel: "Because I'm afraid."

C'mon.. Pussy!
In Buffy Angel was just a guy there to tell Buffy whats going on and just to be her guide not to fight things as thats her job. Besides I think youre missing the point that the show is meant to be funny and that was a fairly funny remark.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

No, there were several occations where they lacked prowess in fighting. I don't think he was ever intended to be a "fighter" so much as an evil vampire who got his soul back.

Spike is kind of the opposite. He's a bad ass, but he often gets himself in situations where something stupid fells him. Season 4 was great about that, such as when he was watching Buffy fight the vampire. He started giving this long speech about how he was back to make Buffy pay and she'd better watch out.. Then the initiative tazered him from behind. THAT was funny.
------------------
DansingMungki
Respected
Respected

Post by DansingMungki »

Or maybe they lack prowess because they are just actors and not really arse-kicking superheroes.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

DansingMungki wrote:Or maybe they lack prowess because they are just actors and not really arse-kicking superheroes.
I'm sure you tried to make some sort of point there. Keep trying.
------------------
DansingMungki
Respected
Respected

Post by DansingMungki »

I thought my point was pretty obvious that theyre just actors and they have no fighting prowess becaue theyre not really superheroes. Or maybe I need to dumb it down even more, Buffy doesnt really exist its only soe actors pretending like you do with your friends when your playing soldiers in the garden.
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

Just curious, which serie is when angel breaks up with buffy and they're in the last graduation year and graduate, blow up the school, "Fire bad, tree pretty", and crap. So can you guys tell me?
"When Angels deserve to die." - SoaD (System of a Down)

A Member Of The Knight Organization
DansingMungki
Respected
Respected

Post by DansingMungki »

Series 3 probably.
Our Host!