How I spend my spare time

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

:giggle:
���������
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

DaC-Sniper wrote:Even if this question makes no sense, but are you a girl Wolfman?

:crazy: now its out.
In PiP's prison cell, everyone's is/becomes a weeping little girl.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

PiP made a mer-woman out of me =(
The Gaijin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The Gaijin »

Dreadnought wrote:Wolfman will have to assign some local jerk, to make pranks at his door at night.
Cutting the door with a knife and ringing the doorbell afterwards.
Cut like DEATH in russian in his door. Or better: ROUND 1.
Personally, as far as door threats are concerned, this one's my favorite.

Take a pound of ground meat. Put it on his doorstep. Hit it with a hammer. Take a bucket of pig's blood. Paint the word "YOU" on his door. Ring bell.
Thor Kaufman wrote:He has got a point there, though, drawing realistic is really easy, the difficult stuff is adding nuances, details and maybe certain styles.

Then again, drawing furry stuff is probably even more easy since you don't have to care about anything
You have to know what the body is made of in order to distort it. So, yes, you have to learn enough about representational art before you can move into the abstract--ask Picasso. And for the record do you think making something like Michelangelo's David is easy? But I digress.

Fuck this guy. He has a vaulted sense of self and it makes me angry just thinking about it. Walter didn't come here asking for a personal army, just ideas he and I can use to make him go :(. Why? Because he's a mediocre talent who abuses the English language everytime he touches the keyboard, and yet he still manages to be surrounded by dick jostling sycophants in love with his bullshit.

Fuck this guy.

Fuck this guy forever.
HEY WHERE THE WHITE WOMEN AT???
Aneurysm
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Aneurysm »

FFS, just give him a beating, Walt is a black belt I am sure he can take him out.
:dead: In remembrance of Porcu :dead:
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

Take a pound of ground meat. Put it on his doorstep. Hit it with a hammer. Take a bucket of pig's blood. Paint the word "YOU" on his door. Ring bell.
merry christmas. fucking good advice.
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

- He wants to be a surgeon since Scrubs is his favorite tv show and thinks that being a surgeon will be exactly like the TV show.
If you want to wreck his life, piss on his parade about wanting to become a surgeon. There's no fucking room for wimp doctors, thank you very much. Don't let this shit enter my prospective profession.
"When conversing about oligarchy, you must consider this point: Many children are taught from an early age that monarchies are primarily benevolent, and are given very little to discourage this opinion until at least adolesence. Even more prevalent are stories about the supposed benevolence of heirs to the throne, symbolising a cycle which they are taught is good."
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

He won't believe anyone. His ex-girlfriend is a surgeon's assistant and told him that it isn't but apperently Times or Rolling Stone or some shit ran a review of the show and said that it's the best representation of an OR on tv so he's convinced come hell or highwater that that's how it really is.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

VasikkA wrote: In PiP's prison cell, everyone's is/becomes a weeping little girl.
Wolfman Walt wrote:PiP made a mer-woman out of me =(
yea now bend over bitchaz :whip:
why don't we have signatures any longer?
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Because everyone got pissed over Dreadnought's sig and DU said "Fuck the lot of you, none of you get Sigs now." Or something.
PiP

Post by PiP »

yea I know I was being rhetorical; like "too bad I can't sig these"
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Oh =( My bad. Maybe we needed a reminder as to why?
RAK
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RAK »

He won't believe anyone. His ex-girlfriend is a surgeon's assistant and told him that it isn't but apperently Times or Rolling Stone or some shit ran a review of the show and said that it's the best representation of an OR on tv so he's convinced come hell or highwater that that's how it really is.
Well, I guess the only thing to do is let him try to get into med school. I guarantee he'll run a mile once he finds out how difficult and precise a job it actually is. Oh well, just as long as he doesn't mess around with medical research, I won't give a crap - that's MY bit.

The rest of the stuff doesn't bother me that much. The thing about him thinking his writing is great when it appears to be mediocre perturbs me a bit, because I do a bit of writing now and again, but at least I can pick out the flaws in my stories (there's a lot of them in my longer novel-sized ones).
"When conversing about oligarchy, you must consider this point: Many children are taught from an early age that monarchies are primarily benevolent, and are given very little to discourage this opinion until at least adolesence. Even more prevalent are stories about the supposed benevolence of heirs to the throne, symbolising a cycle which they are taught is good."
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

look at that skull structure. bizarre mongoloid incident. he needs to try crack.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Will he be the new Hitler after he failed at medical school? IIRC Hitler wanted to become an architect, but failed, so he had his revenge on ze Jews.
���������
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

Going back to art.

Drawing realistic drawings (painting?) is way waaaay harder than drawing a goddamn unrealistic cartoon. Math has nothing to do with realistic drawing. You draw what you see, ergo, you must train your eyes and hands to work together like.. eyes and hands. After the intial learning, you must get a significant knowledge of human anatomy, how muscles, bones and fat defines a human body. If you can draw a 100% perfectly realistic drawing you can draw anything; cartoony, art-OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone or manga.
If you draw a human body by thinking 1 in 8 or 1 in 3 over and over your pictures will be shite and I will laugh in my mountain. :evil_laugh:

As for this guys art, Photoshop saved his ass.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I'd say there are elements of math, though it's mostly due to making a measurement, then comparing it to something else to make sure it's in proportion. Though even then that's only a base, you have to consider colour and light and all that shit. Life Drawing is a good discipline to have, but I wouldn't say it's required. It's also pretty boring.
:chew:
Superhaze
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Superhaze »

You spend all your time looking at the gaps between the thing you are drawing. If you sit around and measure (exept with a pencil for rough sketches) you will end up having a weird and very un-natural, and stiff drawing. Just draw and draw and draw and draw and sooner or later you will see something that looks somewhat realistic.
Then you draw pr0n. :secks!:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

negative shape?

you get something you know is right, then measure against the rest. The thigh, the right shape of the space underneath the thigh. Then you realize it's shit and have to re-draw it. Constant measuring, re-thinking, re-drawing. But then you realize it doesn't matter and can throw paint all over it like a cunt, I like that bit best. The only point in knowing how to draw accurately is so you can do whatever you want afterwards anyway. But it's as important as learning how to draw letters before you can write utter shit, dig.
:chew:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

When ever I try to draw what my eyes see it looks a bit better than how it would normally be but it's still laughably bad. I'm probably one of the worst drawer you will find probably because the only drawing I do is for projects that require drawing or when I'm doodly on my notes when my teachers are doing the tard dance.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Our Host!