Fallout 3 - Fan Written Design Doc

This is where comment threads get posted by the Almighty Article Script.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Fallout 3 - Fan Written Design Doc

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Community -> Fan Fiction ]</strong> - More info on <a href="#Fallout 3">Game: Fallout 3</a>

<p>This is an extensive fan written design document for <em>Fallout 3</em>.&nbsp; This is what the author, <strong>Thomas Lau</strong>, would like to see in the game.&nbsp; It's a long read, but quite interesting.
</p><p>In addition to reading the piece here, you can <a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx/fanfiction/f ... design.doc" target="_self">download it from Duck and Cover</a>.
</p><br/><br/><strong>Read: </strong><a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx/content.php?id=90">Fallout 3 - Fan Written Design Doc</a>
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

Cool. Good job!
- This should be followed by another clip showing how the player in Fallout 2 stormed Navarro and the oil rig with Sulik, Marcus, Cassidy, Skynet, and Goris.
Err, no. Maybe Sulik, Marcus and Cassidy. Skynet and Goris are too risky I think.
Meeting Marcus and gaining admittance to the Military Base. This will allow the player to learn visually more about the history and new developments.
Kinda like the BOS from FO1? Good.
1. Necropolis: the new human capital in the southern region of Fallout 3. After the Vault Dweller in Fallout 1 discovered the vault and the working pump (and caused the death of the ghouls in the city), humans from the Hub and Junktown moved to Necropolis and settled there.
What? Poor greenies. =/
- Due to the hunting grounds & toxic cave, geckos are able to re-spawn
Hopefully not after five seconds like Baldur's Gate.

An economical boom, that's nice.
- Floaters and centaurs have somewhat combined into one community slowly converting their corner of Boneyard into a slowly growing biomass. This is due to floaters and centaurs containing the F.E.V.. Those floaters and centaurs that originally were the matriarchs and patriarchs of each species became territorial and rooted themselves into on ‘nest’ or location. From them biological matter slowly expanded into a rather nasty growth.
Whee, killer blobs of flesh! Bravo!
- Another species that has been drawn to the increase in radiation are the mysterious aliens that just roam the southern areas of the Boneyard and the old cathedral area.
Wanamingos?
- First, the space shuttle was a complete disaster. Although the space shuttle itself functioned perfectly the ramp was too short. The space shuttle became Fallout’s first and only submarine. The submarine failed miserably since it was designed to withstand 1 to 0 bars of atmospheric pressure.
:lol:
popscythe
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by popscythe »

I found it interesting. Bravo on the effort, chummer.
"I've decided that if positive affirmations can "cure cancer" then negative affirmations can cause cancer. Chant with me: Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard. Fuck you and Die, Todd Howard."
Axier
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Axier »

Nubs first post! Yay! Anyway, been here, for a while, browsing in the shadows... I must say, this is a great deal of awesome. Played Fallout 1 & 2, loved them. Heard about Fallout 3, did a double take when they said Bethesda. Ironically, I think I was playing Oblivion at the time, huh... Right, well, first thought was, "This is either going to be the best thing to happen to Fallout, or a total failure.", oddly enough though, I found myself in the good side of middle.

Love Fallout 3. Waiting for Broken Steel next week. I cant stop playing it. Yea, but that doesn't make it epic. I understand people don't like the timeline jump, but other than period of the game, everything seems to be in-tact when it comes to cannon. It doesn't seem to contradict, but your idea of a continuation of the "bloodline that is epic" would have been nice, but the East Coast definitely needed love. I guess you could have made a slow transition, a migration if you will. First go to the Mid West like Burren, then trek east and by 2277 it would be just in time to stop that damn ZAX, Eden.

As for the First Person, I like your idea of fusion. The ability to play what is kinda classique style, and/or new, shiney first person was a great idea. I could play FPS all day and all the board game lovers could enjoy their hexing.

You're whole post is to long to go in point by point, but I love your whole idea. Really great concept, and if anything, a similar depth would have made Fallout 3 just fantastic, but you cant get everything...
Last edited by Axier on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

You have successfully failed your entrance exam.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

necromancer is amazingly necromantic
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Idiot Notch wrote:WORDS WORDS WORDS WORDS
Get out.

. .

You hoary old cunt. :drunk:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I might offer to do revisions for Lau. There are some good ideas being offered, but the sentence framing seems a bit shitty. He also grossly overuses the word "fusion." Either way, he could use a second draft.
Our Host!