Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Do you watch "Buffy"?

Yes, religiously.
20%
Yes, sometimes.
17%
Yes, if there's nothing else on.
7%
Well, I used to, but then Joss left to make "Firefly" and he left that bitch Marti Noxon in charge, who promptly sucked the life out of the show with her contrived lunacy, and, well, everything has gone down the crapper. So, no.
17%
No. It sucks.
40%

Total votes: 30

Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Post by Subhuman »

Hmmm. Well, Season 6 sucked rocks. Hopefully 7 will be better.

Has anyone bought the DVDs yet? I have Season 1, and I'm going to buy Season 2 sometime soon. I miss the good ol' days...
Last edited by Subhuman on Fri Jul 05, 2002 8:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

I watch Buffy from time to time but I prefer watching Angel, that's good.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Yeah, I've watched Angel from time to time, and it's not bad. Maybe if they release it on DVD, I'll catch up.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

DVDs rule... all that information on such a small disc... I like the newer Buffy series with Willow going dark...
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Angel

Post by Forty-six & Two »

My home boy - Angel - he be tha roxerest dude around! 8)

Buffy can kiss my (semi) hairy ass.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

My favourtie episodes in Angel were when he went dark. They were really well done, and when Darla was brought back by Drusilla. Angel is a great series.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

I always thought Angel was the one for girls (and gay boys). Curse my ignorant thoughts! :lol:
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Hah hah! Not at all (well, it may be a little) but I think it's good because its not only Angel the vampire but it is really cool, weapon rack and it's funny in places as well.
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

i see buffy once in a while

i liked angel when he had no soul, he was funny, he tortured whats his name librarian

i think i get off from drew and spike as well...
Hello New Jersey
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

It was great in the end of an episode before Angle went dark, Cordy, Wes and Gunn were sat down in front on Angel and wes says "Right now, we're the only things standing between you and total darkness." Angel shows no change in emotion and says simlpy, "You're all fired." That was great!
Sirgalahadwizard
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Sirgalahadwizard »

The problem with watching buffy is that she aint no good at fighting. I could kick her ass so fast it ain't funny. Maybe I really do have the equivalent of the "Slayer" perk (and buffy: the vampire 'slayer' doesn't... hahahaha) :P

In fact, not many characters on that show could fight well at all - and it's not just restricted to this show either (a plague afflicting just about every hour-long action show).

I only see bits and pieces of buffy really though, there were a few good ones but nothing really worth mentioning (and they were all old ones I think).
Walks with the Snails
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Walks with the Snails »

Yeah, I like Buffy, though the latest season has pretty much sucked. I like Angel, too, but it's starting to slip. You can see they're having to grasp for new plot ideas, too. Cordy gets transformed not once but twice, not one but two of the guys gets quasi-betrayed romantically and at the same time, I don't know how many crazy one-time prophecies are fulfilled, etc. At least it's not down to the Wolfram and Hart scheme of the week, though. The jokes are getting predictable, too. There's always a double entendre then silence as you wait for the punchline. That's about it as far as jokes go.
Haplo

Post by Haplo »

I don't think that she can fight well either, but their are probably some things that she can do well... what a babe!
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

I kinda loooove those series (season 2 just ended in this godforsaken wasteland we call "Portugal") but the fucking TV channel fucked up and putted the damned thing at 3 in the morning so i couldn't watch much (actually i only saw 2 :? )
"When Angels deserve to die." - SoaD (System of a Down)

A Member Of The Knight Organization
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Yeah, Buffy cannot fight at all, Angel is much better.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

TheReaper wrote:Yeah, Buffy cannot fight at all, Angel is much better.
Um...she's the Slayer. She has to fight. And do you remember the older eps, with the kick-ass fight scenes? I just watched one of Season 3's, and there was this one brawl with Angel and Buffy against a bunch of vamps, and MAN, it was awesome.
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

Sorry, that post was not by me. Just my stupid cousin who happens to think that Buffy is a wuss. I think they're both good.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Oh. Heh. Well, I think they both kick ass, as well. I liked Angel. Every other boyfriend Buffy has had sucked. Riley? Ugh. Ugh ugh ugh ugh UGH. Worst. Character. Ever. And Spike used to be really cool, and then he went all soft and annoying and ugh. Ugh ugh UGH. Angel was the only slightly tolerable one.
Walks with the Snails
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Walks with the Snails »

Haplo wrote:I don't think that she can fight well either, but their are probably some things that she can do well... what a babe!
I don't know, she's too stringy for my tastes. I think she, Willow, and Anya are all going downhill as the show progresses. They look like they've got eating disorders or something. Faith, Cordelia, Kendra, and Tara were all better-looking, but none of them are around any more, one way or the other.
DansingMungki
Respected
Respected

Post by DansingMungki »

They're all 25-30 now so they're looking slightly ropier nowadays. Buffy is quite attractive but I've noticed its to do with her hair as shes got an odd face so when she has it short or tied back she looks nice but when its long she looks a bit odd. I much prefer Fred(female!) from Angel.
Our Host!