"You Maniacs! You fucked it up! Ah, damn you!..."

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

"You Maniacs! You fucked it up! Ah, damn you!..."

Post by Mismatch »

"...God damn you all to hell!"

With the recently released GI article we've all had it confirmed that FO3 indeed will be Oblivion with guns. Hardly a surprise really. It's not really the fact that they did it that bothers me. It's how they did it.
They didn't even try to make a FO sequel.
Way to go, yet again the Bethsoft devs prove that they're on the mental level of children.
Nuclear Launcher? Yeah, I'd have liked it when I was about ten years old. However, considering the fact that the FO universe is for adults such a weapon was completely uncalled for (So was releasing the game on consoles).

Once again Bethsoft have made a shooter and call it a RPG.
We always knew that Bethsoft lacked the talent to make a worthy sequel to FO (or a good game at all), but some of us did hope that they would at least try. Now we know that they didn't and that their games keep catering Joe Shitforbrains and his family.
The only hope we did see for FO3 was the fact that Bethesda is their own publisher and had the cash to try to make FO3 true to Fallout without any publisher getting in the way.
But instead they manage to (judging from the GI article), once again, create the same vanilla bullshit.

Todd gave us a good, hard and long fuck (lasting many years). He could have had the decency to tell us that he was infected sometime during the rumpus.

And yet, somehow it is a relief.
No more worrying, no more wondering if it'll be worth playing.
I know it won't be and I can lean back and enjoy something else.

Fuck you Bethesda, and fuck FO3.
You have killed not only Fallout, but also the future of hardcore RPGs in one swift stroke.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I don't think they lack the talent, they just lack the drive to use that talent and instead it's MONAYS. Also, where did Emil get off to? Didn't he post here once upon a time, telling us that it'd be a good game?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I'm not that worried, actually. Not that I'm angry either. Isometric 2D games with turn-based combat are pretty much the past these days, except for a few indie games every now and then.

It might not be the best thing ever story or game play wise, but hey, it's still Fallout D; I stopped taking these things so seriously after my pubes started growing. It's just a game and Bethesda isn't taking away our right to replay FO1/2, now are they? Wee, let's all be happy and rejoice unicorns flowers happy harmony happy joy happy happy.
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

All bad games come from America. :salute:

America likes thongs, wars, big guns, soldiers with big ass armor, much blood and action.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Kashluk wrote:I stopped taking these things so seriously after my pubes started growing. It's just a game and Bethesda isn't taking away our right to replay FO1/2, now are they? Wee, let's all be happy and rejoice unicorns flowers happy harmony happy joy happy happy.
My thoughts exactly. But without the people who've yet to grow these wacky hair, we'd only get shit D;
Maximous
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Maximous »

Bethesda has the right to make any game they want---calling Oblivion with guns a sequel to the 6th most influential game----again this is America, make money when you can.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Maximous wrote:Bethesda has the right to make any game they want---calling Oblivion with guns a sequel to the 6th most influential game----again this is America, make money when you can.
A true FO sequel could and would have made money.
If the wanted a PA Oblivion style setting they could have made their own, I still can not see the point in ruining the Fallout franchise.

When Bethseda bought the FO licence they got everything Fallout. All the documentation, everything (from what I've understood). All they needed to do was to connect the dots to create a true FO sequel... somehow when Todd and Emil connected them the sequel turned into a huge floppy cock.
And this annoys me.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Well, boo hoo hoo.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Wait a second, didn't FOPOS ruin the Fallout franchise? Because if that's true then the only thing Bethesda can do at this point is rebuild? Right? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight?

:bs:
TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TelemachusSneezed »

Kashluk wrote:I'm not that worried, actually. Not that I'm angry either. Isometric 2D games with turn-based combat are pretty much the past these days, except for a few indie games every now and then.
ISO/2D/TB is an anachronism in today's gaming world, that's the truth.

But, I just simply cannot understand why they had to make the game so... ridiculous! It's like they didn't even put a teenie bit of effort into understanding what this game series is about. And the things they did try to make consistent with FO1/2 just turned out overblown.

I'll buy the game (used, for < $10), I'll play it, I might even enjoy it... but I can't accept it as part of the "saga."
Death to quotes.
Macky
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Possible

Post by Macky »

It is possible that the game will be a complete departure from Oblivion in one particularly crucial sense. I never played Oblivion (Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout: Tactics were the only PC games I ever bought) so perhaps I'm not in any place to make that speculation of discernment.

The first aspect in Fallout that grabbed me was realism through utter freedom. In the Fallout universe you can do anything you want, and the game will adjust accordingly. Again, I don't know how this aspect of complete freedom was in Oblivion but perhaps Fallout 3 will share this in common with its predecessors.

Then again, that damn Orc Ogre might get in the way and ruin everything.

-Macky
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Then again, that damn Orc Ogre might get in the way and ruin everything.
don't forget the nuclear launcher.
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

The combat looks retarded but perhaps the majority of the roleplaying experience will come from quests, which would be a ray of light except for the fact that Elder Scrolls games have some of the most generic quests I've seen since WoW.

It looks like they're trying to create a retro-50s version of Gears of War, complete with badass BOS d00ds in p0w3r armorZ and nukular explosions every two minutes.
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Mechanurgist wrote:The combat looks retarded but perhaps the majority of the roleplaying experience will come from quests, which would be a ray of light except for the fact that Elder Scrolls games have some of the most generic quests I've seen since WoW.

It looks like they're trying to create a retro-50s version of Gears of War, complete with badass BOS d00ds in p0w3r armorZ and nukular explosions every two minutes.
Starship Troopers (not the film) was a 50's book that had Power Armor and nuclear launchers.

I hope they make the BOS really fascist.
Our Host!