Unarmed or Mellee

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

The ripper is nice too, I dunno where I found that. I used ripper in FO:T, so I assume it's as kickass as it was in FO:T.
DansingMungki
Respected
Respected

Post by DansingMungki »

Where'd you get the slugger from?
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Mrs. Wright. Gotta covince her that her husband is making alcohol, then meet her the next day in front of tullies, brealk the still, return and ask for a compensation.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

8)
Last edited by Gimp Mask on Fri May 30, 2003 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

No kidding. I went to Sierra Army Depot to try that with my unarmed/melee character. Those turrets blew the h*** out of me. I guess that I should have used my backup gauss pistol to take them out.
:morning:
I support everyones right to make a fool of themselves.:chainsaw:

I just wish I didn't do it so often.
:yikes:
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

Hmmm... Well, you just need a bit better armour- Combat Armour should do the trick...
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

The one thing I hate about the SAD is that even when Sulik had APA, the turrets did full damage. Why is that?

Well, Unarmed combat is closest to myself in real life, but not good at all when going up against enemies with guns. Not at all. Melee weapons maybe, I recall a topic over at the old DaC about that, but no way unarmed combat. Unless you are Neo or something.

And the nobility/honor arguement is the silliest I have ever heard. Who gives a damn about honor when some thug breaking into your house is going to blow you away with a Glock? :roll:

So, realistically, having a nice big stick or sledgehammer would be preferrable to a set of brass knuckles, but gameplay wise, I love Unarmed. :D
fuck
Zbyram
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Zbyram »

Actually if you plan to play HtH only there's no problem with boosting BOTH unarmed and melee - you should have enough points to spare. Unarmed is good for some quests and you can make some cool moves, while Super Sledge is really effective (esp. if you take Fast Shot and later the Slayer perk - attack costs 1 ap and ever one is a critical).
ArchVile
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by ArchVile »

IDK, i have the unpatched version, and with a luck of 10 and sniper, i always get criticals, even with HtH weapons.
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

Fast Shot lowers the AP use on SSledge??

didn't know that...
- May the blood of thine enemies stain the ground -
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Warlord wrote:Fast Shot lowers the AP use on SSledge??

didn't know that...
No, it doesn't. He's just exaggerating :wink:

Fast Shot trait is one of the best ones in the game. Best one is Gifted, in my opinion. Who needs aimed shots if almost every shot is a critical. You need high luck, more criticals, slayer/sniper to get that. Better criticals is also good. A lower AP cost is very useful, and compensates the loss of aimed shots.

Two critical hits with bozar and reload. All in one combat turn :twisted:
Red

Post by Red »

Sniper is another thing which shouldn't have been added to the game. Criticals every shot simply doesn't make any sense.
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

Well in real life if you have a sniper you try to shoot to a vital point, thus making more damage if not a death shot. Now we just need turn based combat to put it to work :wink: .
"When Angels deserve to die." - SoaD (System of a Down)

A Member Of The Knight Organization
This is Gonna Hurt
Respected
Respected

Post by This is Gonna Hurt »

Oh, and when taking unarmed, you MUST try it once with the bloody mess perk.

There is no act in FO2 that brings about more satisfaction than slugging an alien and making its head explode into a jellied mist that splatters the room and your glistening powered armor. And tearing out half the torso and the arm of a person makes a bit more sense when using a gigantic mechanical fist with very mean spikes all over it and a suit of powered armor.
I'm not evil, I just like making things explode

"...It IS hard to speak with six inches of knife sticking out of your face. They mostly just gurgle. And bleed." Black Mage
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

NOthing better to splatter half of a hubogolist with a Super Power Fist. It's beautiful :twisted:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Yup, I loved those hubogolist encounters. :twisted: :twisted:
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

I really don't like Sniper either, just don't.

Just don't pick Heavy Handed. Good for the beginning of the game, but when you get Slayer, you will really regret it.

Only Hubologist I enjoy killing is AHS-9, because the SOB screws you over. I completed the first quest for him once, blew him away myself. Punk...
fuck
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

I kinda feel that way too about him....
Talps
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Talps »

LOUSVILLE SLUGGER: Where do you find it? And better yet, how can you get to it before you find something better?

SPIKED KNUCKLES: Useless once you hit lvl6 and get Hammer Punch

JAB: Good for lvl5, but soon replaced by Hammer Punch

UNARMED OR MELEE: I say got with Unarmed. Uses less resources, and the Mega Power Fist is strongest close-range weapon there is, but there's also a Peircing Strike and stuff like that, so those Enclavers can't hide behind their armor. Also, many perks require unarmed as a prerequisite, and many perks involve unarmed in them, like HtH invade and I think Silent Death. To top all that off, you get to do some fun quests, and the Perk reward from New Reno Boxing is nifty. If you are lucky and the guy with the .223 pistol in Sanfrancisco drops it, you can pick it up and give it to a party member, which only someone who can survive to the last round can do. Unarmed is better, and you start off 10 higher than melee.

TO INCREASE UNARMED FOR FREE:

1. Arroyo: If you have between 45 and 55 Unarmed skill, you can have it increased to 55.
2. Klamath: Get training from John for a bonus of 10
3. Sierra Army Depot: Punch the two bags for 5 each.
4. San Francisco: Get training from the masters

Therefore if you are to use a close-up attack as backup, Unarmed is preferable because it starts off higher and has more training oppurtunities.

I suppose I was overly detailed in my response, so I hope for a reply to my Lousville Slugger question.
Confront with understanding and love. Use violence as a last resort.
Warlord
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Warlord »

I started a new char with both unarmed and melee tagged.

I the went to melee for the reason, that some melee weapons have a range and that hs given me many more attacks already, and I'm in Den now. But I increase Unarmed too, 'coz I like boxing in Reno and The Fights in San Fran plus I need it for some perks.'

Both has it's pros and cons but I like to have them both.
Our Host!