Old but new Fanart

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Watched Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster the other night and started this picture.

Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Negative.
���������
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

negative? Is that bad?
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

There should be a godzilla film where he raids a distillery and drinks 40,000 gallons of booze. Then he stumbles around with fire coming out of his orifices.

Like the pilot-flame on a flamethrower, slowly burning as go-jira! contentedly wanders the countryside looking at all the wierd-ass (to him) terrain features.
(Human construction/etc.)

Industrial facilities might be especially perplexing- even horrifying.

Have any of you noticed how industrial facilities resemble biological structures? The various parts look like organs, and they are connected with pipes and wires/etc.

The pipes can be the circulatory system and digestive tract, the wires that connect electricity and sensor/communication cables are the nervous system.

So to a drunk and possibly hallucinating Godzilla an industrial plant may look like a vivisected corpse.

Perhaps a twitching, gasping, tortured, still somewhat alive vivisected being. Like seeing the aftermath of that midieval torture where they would peel all of the skin off of a person, leaving them alive. (Flaying)

Godzilla may decide to euthanise the poor suffering industrial plant.

This compassionate gesture may be interpreted as aggression.

And so on and so forth.

just thinking

:drunk:
Last edited by Redeye on Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

No. I just don't think it's godzilla. Looks a bit like the swamp thing.

Plus modern AZN wear suits and funny glasses. Or a ridiculous uniform. Or a mecha.

���������
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Godzilla movies rock. Except for the american one. Are there any good godzilla games?
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I did take a few liberties with his appearance. For some reason I wanted him to look more human than in the films. Dreadnought, you got me in the mood to do a swamp thing picture now. Must get to work.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Better make a social satire about 2 unfunny Dreadnoughts talking to each other about some unfunny contemporary shit.

���������
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Damn you fuckers posted a shitload while I was editing my post.

Like ideas and shit
Last edited by Redeye on Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

LoL I spelled fuel wrong. Who cares... :P
���������
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Redeye wrote:There should be a godzilla film where he raids a distillery and drinks 40,000 gallons of booze. Then he stumbles around with fire coming out of his orifices.

Like the pilot-flame on a flamethrower, slowly burning as go-jira! contentedly wanders the countryside looking at all the wierd-ass (to him) terrain features.
(Human construction/etc.)

Industrial facilities might be especially perplexing- even horrifying.

Have any of you noticed how industrial facilities resemble biological structures? The various parts look like organs, and they are connected with pipes and wires/etc.

The pipes can be the circulatory system and digestive tract, the wires that connect electricity and sensor/communication cables are the nervous system.

So to a drunk and possibly hallucinating Godzilla an industrial plant may look like a vivisected corpse.

Perhaps a twitching, gasping, tortured, still somewhat alive vivisected being. Like seeing the aftermath of that midieval torture where they would peel all of the skin off of a person, leaving them alive. (Flaying)

Godzilla may decide to euthanise the poor suffering industrial plant.

This compassionate gesture may be interpreted as aggression.

And so on and so forth.

just thinking

:drunk:
Incredibly thought-provoking stuff.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

on a side note, ot's fucking pathetic how every monster or other OMG-thing has to look like he's doing some serious steroids and pumping iron in the gym :rolleyes:
Dreadnought wrote:No. I just don't think it's godzilla. Looks a bit like the swamp thing.

Plus modern AZN wear suits and funny glasses. Or a ridiculous uniform. Or a mecha.

Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

Godzilla vs. Cthulhu! :dance:
UniversalLogic34
SDF!
SDF!

Post by UniversalLogic34 »

Dogmeatlives wrote:Image
i think this is sweet... and the text is great as well.

however, i don't like that dudes upper body. lower is great, but the upper is too steroid like and doesn't make him look like the vault dweller. Between this and the weapons, much personal "reinterpretation" can be seen. Although what you have made, does look good.

this looks like illustrator... it was photoshop? good sense of color and you draw things well to boot!

86% B+
htttp://www.clocksixone.lsdxm.com

Experimental dark ambient electronica & spoken word.
UniversalLogic34
SDF!
SDF!

Dreadnought wrote:He needs this:

hahahah, yeah i have to agree. and if you gave him the 9mm mauser/luger (broom handle is a must!) it would be dramatically change the whole thing into something very intersting)

UniversalLogic34
SDF!
SDF!

Anti-Bethesda Comic
i don't see the anti-bethesda nature of this (unless it is an obscrure oblivion reference with the knight character that i have yet to understand and make sense out of) but... i think this really really tells it like it is.

You should make a graphic novel about fallout 1, with this same point of view.

And i don't think i even have to tell you what the cover art might look like! and be sure to include an advertisement inside, or on the back for your favorite "no slip, rubber grip" heels....

btw, i love the expression of the vault dweller. it's pseudo-schizo

UniversalLogic34
SDF!
SDF!

Finished. and before anyone else notices, I realize I got the stimpak completely wrong.

And whoever is in charge of picture of the week- please make this it.

dogemeatlives, i'm really starting to like you... this is excellent! my only critiques would be to make the american flag on the bottom longer, not vertically, but make it drape along the "F" to the right, you can just use a white stripe tatter and exclude the red to make it look well with color scheme you have.

The addition of a ghoul in front of the super mutant about to get "clobbered" would make a nice addition as well. but that might not be feasible. it would add a comical edge to this very creepy and paranoid vision of "everything coming to get you" haha!

UniversalLogic34
SDF!
SDF!

PiP wrote:
looks a bit like

So why Eliot's wasteland? Juyst the title?
"what branches grow out of this stony rubbish?"

ever examine the vegetation growing in the fallout world?

"son of man" = vault dweller and his genetic line of the chosen one... "broken images" = 21 century and other old world "remains" including the canteen, jumpsuit and "artifacts of the original vault dweller"

"dry sound of stone not water" = fallout 1 main quest... I mean there werent rocks rattling around in the vault's water supply tanks, but you get the idea.

UniversalLogic34
SDF!
SDF!

Dogmeatlives wrote:I'm working on a Fallout comic right now and would really appreciate serious suggestions for the Chosen one's name. I cannot come up with anything. Thanks
don't give him a name, or make his name change. every character can call him something different

Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

UniversalLogic34 wrote:
Dogmeatlives wrote:I'm working on a Fallout comic right now and would really appreciate serious suggestions for the Chosen one's name. I cannot come up with anything. Thanks
don't give him a name, or make his name change. every character can call him something different
Yeah, I gave up trying to think of a name.
UL34, thanks for the critiques. I'm glad you enjoy my stuff. I'm no professional but I think I'm the only person doing Fallout fanart on a pretty regular basis right now (not including the Fallout furry art over in the Bethesda forums) I don't think I have the attention span for a graphic novel but that would be fucking insane if I could pull something like that off.

Ape Attorney #1:

Last edited by Dogmeatlives on Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Our Host!