Fallout: Warfare Questions

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.
Lucius
SDF!
SDF!

Fallout: Warfare Questions

Post by Lucius »

Recently downloaded the Fallout Warfare Tabletop Rules and am planning on setting up a game sometime soon. I've a few questions for anyone who's given the game a whirl (there must be someone)!

1. Rather than use the card miniatures provided, I've decided to convert Warhammer 40,000 models instead. Has anone else used actual models, and what did you use? Planning on sending in pics of my tabletops once they're completed, for anyone that's interested.

2. The sneak rules seem to make no sense whatsoever. Has someone made sense of them, and if so, would you explain them to me? They're on page ten.

3. Rules for playing in Darkness seem to lack sense, also. Range is apparently doubled. I'm presumming it means halved? You can find them on page thirteen.

4. Rules for aimed shots seem minimal. This was a major element in Fallout, and yet doesn't seem to have been given justice.

Well, that's it for now. Hoping someone here has played this. It looks a promising game, but other than the rules, there seems to be absolutely nothing in detail on it online.
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

Keep the WH40K minis the way they are.
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
Disctek
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Disctek »

It seems as though with the right paint job, Space Marine scouts and various Imperial Guard models could make good Fallout characters. Maybe use some Tyranid thing for Deathclaws, Ogryns for Super-Mutants, and something from the Chaos line for your Centaurs and such.
Ausir
The Vault Overseer
The Vault Overseer

Post by Ausir »

And Warhammer Fantasy undead for ghouls.
Poexxx
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Poexxx »

Hey mate! I run a Post Apoc Game that is a mix of Fallout, Darwins World, tons of fiction and the darker reccesses of my mind...

Anyway, I use mini's. I use alot of Warhammer 25mm spacemarines, I just based them with black, painted em all a chainmain and hit them with a blackwash then a real light brown wash (for rust) and they seam to go just fine and you can bang them out in just a few seconds.

For the non powered armor crowd you can use Imperial Guard but I had more luck converting some 25mm WW2 miniatures both soldiers and what they sell as "partisans". For charecters there is a ton of "Skirmish" games with 12 or so mini's per faction that have some really cool and well done stuff in it, and if you are looking to get by on the cheap there are always green army men :P
OldNick
SDF!
SDF!

Post by OldNick »

Hi people, first time here in search of Fallout: Warfare info.
Poexxx can you please give us some good links for non GW minis that you think are suitabel for Fallout ..."For charecters there is a ton of "Skirmish" games with 12 or so mini's per faction that have some really cool and well done stuff in it"..

thanks mate!
Jesus Christ
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Jesus Christ »

Poexxx wrote::P
:jerk:
I have returned! (again)
FIGHT ME!
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Jesus Christ wrote:
Poexxx wrote::P
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Machiavelli
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Machiavelli »

I used to have a WH40K squad that I had made for my Imperial guard army that I had based loosely off the Soviet Army. I mixed Cadian and Catachan models and used 1/35 scale soviet weapon pack models for the weapons. They're slightly oversized, but 40K is a "heroic" scale game anyway. (Bigger guns). Anyway, they looked pretty cool and could easily be made post-apoc, especially if you use all kinds of weapon packs.
The AK-47. When you absolutely positively got to kill every mother#$^#&* in the room...... Accept no substitute.
Our Host!