Liam Neeson cast as father in Fallout 3 and New Concept Art!

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Exellent point in fact Ausir.
Disctek
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Disctek »

I think a better choice of a picture would have been an extremely heavily damaged Pentagon. It would have been a prime target but it's built to withstand attack and it's just as recognizable.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Using a bit of the old common sense, I surmise that new concept art should be up monday. I wonder what it will be. I'm hoping to see some creatures. Like ghouls, humans, Deathclaws, etc.. The landscape art is a bit unrepresentative of the Falloutness.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
PsychoSnipers
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by PsychoSnipers »

The pentagon wasnt built to withstand an attack really.

Especily not a nucular one.

Hell, the part of the pentagot that got hit in 9-11 had just been renovated with attacks in mind, and IT was smashed.
Todd Howard wrote: The spirit of Fallout - we've missed it
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Dogmeatlives wrote:Using a bit of the old common sense, I surmise that new concept art should be up monday. I wonder what it will be. I'm hoping to see some creatures. Like ghouls, humans, Deathclaws, etc.. The landscape art is a bit unrepresentative of the Falloutness.
:Fd20cover: :chuckel:
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

TNP wrote:I'm gonna buy it and play it no matter what, it IS after all, a Fallout game.
Because it says so on the box?
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
DaC-Sniper
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by DaC-Sniper »

Using a bit of the old common sense, I surmise that new concept art should be up monday. I wonder what it will be. I'm hoping to see some creatures. Like ghouls, humans, Deathclaws, etc.. The landscape art is a bit unrepresentative of the Falloutness.
Heh, you really have that much faith in Bethesda? They`ll show those fucking landscape arts over and over again, because they already bought them from this artist, they probably bought them for a cheap prize, showing some postapocalyptic art to the kiddies is just for the fucking hype including the music, which doesnt represents Fallout at all, you could think this is Oblivion 2 announced. The first FO3 poster with the smiling vaultboy was made for the fans, this new shit right now is made for the next gen kiddies and not for the fans. Their aim is to get both as consumer.

The teaser will be probably 1 minute long, 30 seconds logoshowing, 15 seconds fade to black, 10 seconds big golden bloom letters, 5 seconds Fallout 3 random buildings or something like that... no 50s setting again, epic music again... a teaser made for the kiddies, not for fans.

Thats my bet.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Dogmeatlives wrote:Using a bit of the old common sense, I surmise that new concept art should be up monday. I wonder what it will be. I'm hoping to see some creatures. Like ghouls, humans, Deathclaws, etc.. The landscape art is a bit unrepresentative of the Falloutness.
I'm hoping to see something more techy.
Dreadnought
Devil times three go climb a tree

Post by Dreadnought »

Are there any Vaults mentioned on the east coast? I can't remember if there was something about the east coast in any of the Fallout games. :drugs:
���������
LoneGunman
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by LoneGunman »

Only annexed canadian vaults
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I hope I don't have to venture into the PA New Jersey area. Thats just too scary.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Goretheglowingone
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member
Location: DAC (YEA FUCKERS! WHAT'S IT TO YOU? HUH! HUH! , I Gotta go butt sex a nun now..

Post by Goretheglowingone »

i hope there are celebrities in ghoul form... like Michel jackson....heheheh AIM FOR THE CROTCH! the nose is fake!

Clint Eastwood would have ben a great talking head/ important character.
EATER OF STUPID CHILDREN
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

Dogmeatlives wrote:I hope I don't have to venture into the PA New Jersey area. Thats just too scary.
Could you tell the difference?
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I imagine post apocalyptic New Jersey as being more liveable. Also - increased land value.
philowar
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by philowar »

PsychoSniper wrote:I usualy skipped arroyo as much as I could.

It was lame and didnt really adhere to the FO setting in my mind.
Hell, I did that with a lot of locations in FO2: Arroyo, Vault City, Broken Hills, etc, etc, etc. But shit, most all of the locations sucked in FO2 (that is, they were not true to the spirit of the original, ie they were geeky and LAME). San Fran, Old West towns and New Reno? Give me a fucking break.

As for this Liam Neeson shit, it's a slap in the face. Big name actor + European accent = only marginally better than having Patrick Stewart do the voiceover. Hello? Ron Perlman? Fuck you Beth. This game is going to so reek like a greasy fart that I expect absolutely nothing from it. The "father and son" shit is hackneyed and regrettable. It seems Beth wanted a big name though, just like they had one with Pat Stewart for Oblivion. Fucking morons. There is no art left in the world, least of all in the video game industry. I'll tell you what: if FO3 is even half as good as the original I'll eat my own stool.
philowar
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by philowar »

Dogmeatlives wrote:
I like Liam Neeson alot. He was good in Batman, Schindler's List, Darkman, and I think he could fit into Fallout perfectly. The dad thing is a little corny. If I don't have the option of killing him right off the bat, its just not a Fallout game.
I like Neeson as an actor, but how much further away from American -- let alone retro American -- can you get than giving the voiceover to a guy that sounds like him? Christ.
PsychoSnipers
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by PsychoSnipers »

Personaly I think the choice of one voice actor isnt that big, Ill give him the benefit of the doubt on the accent.

That said the rest of it is (like FO3 itself) total bullshit.
Todd Howard wrote: The spirit of Fallout - we've missed it
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Use the fucking edit button, ffs.
���������
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

philowar wrote:I'll tell you what: if FO3 is even half as good as the original I'll eat my own stool.
Please deposit your stool sample with King of Creation for safekeeping. If F3 sucks we'll send it to Bethesda's front door in a flaming brown paper bag. Otherwise...yum, yum.
PsychoSnipers
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by PsychoSnipers »

Mechanurgist wrote:
philowar wrote:I'll tell you what: if FO3 is even half as good as the original I'll eat my own stool.
Please deposit your stool sample with King of Creation for safekeeping. If F3 sucks we'll send it to Bethesda's front door in a flaming brown paper bag. Otherwise...yum, yum.

There should be an archive for posts like that above.

Brillant sir, brillant.
Our Host!