So did it officially die or what?

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Tensen01 wrote:it got pretty thuroughly went through
:crazy:
Keserian
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Keserian »

As a D20 Apocalypse player, I'll buy it, but I have to wonder how well it will sell with WoTC having their own D20 Apocalypse already out, not to mention the legal questions surrounding whether they have IP rights. Heck, I could put together a decent D20 Fallout system if I wanted to. SPECIAL isn't that different, and most of the Fallout weapons have real life cousins, or are actual real life weapons (FN FAL?). Not that I'm saying what they're doing is trivial or not worth the time, but I'm just wondering about the marketability of this.
Yes, I like Fallout. Yes, I like Fallout 2. Even Brotherhood of Steel had its merits. I enjoyed Morrowind, and I play Oblivion. They are five separate games, so stop comparing them!
That's right, five separate games.

Unless you get the Fallout combo-pack.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

FN FAL was not a fallout weapon. It was a retard trying to add in phat lewts to connect the game to the modern world. Which is exactly why it is not a fallout weapon.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Keserian
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Keserian »

Well, all I care is that it is in Fallout 2, which I generally consider to the pretty much canon. As well, there's the M60, the G11, the Desert Eagle, the Mauser, the CAWS, and the P90. All real weapons in Fallout 2.

EDIT: Forgot the M3A1.

EDIT2: Forgot the Jackhammer.
Yes, I like Fallout. Yes, I like Fallout 2. Even Brotherhood of Steel had its merits. I enjoyed Morrowind, and I play Oblivion. They are five separate games, so stop comparing them!

VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Keserian wrote:Well, all I care is that it is in Fallout 2, which I generally consider to the pretty much canon. As well, there's the M60, the G11, the Desert Eagle, the Mauser, the CAWS, and the P90. All real weapons in Fallout 2.

All of them were pretty useless though(except maybe the Desert Eagle) and unfitting to the 50's theme.

A question springs to mind: Will Fallout D20 feature modern weaponry?
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

VasikkA wrote:
Keserian wrote:Well, all I care is that it is in Fallout 2, which I generally consider to the pretty much canon. As well, there's the M60, the G11, the Desert Eagle, the Mauser, the CAWS, and the P90. All real weapons in Fallout 2.

All of them were pretty useless though(except maybe the Desert Eagle) and unfitting to the 50's theme.
My exact point that he seems to have ignored. Or just loves teh phat lewts from the modern era. Whatever.

A question springs to mind: Will Fallout D20 feature modern weaponry?
Do you really have to ask?

Keserian
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Keserian »

It's true that it's unfitting to the theme, and to be honest, I found little use for those weapons beyond the FN FAL as a decent early/mid-game weapon. I have to ask though, how will this company handle it?

What I mean is, look at the Weapons Locker, if you have it. Often, the differences between weapons are purely cosmetic. What is going to set each gun apart is going to be determined by how closely this company follows not only the Fallout canon, but also the D20 Modern rules. From what I've seen(1), D20 damages on weapons are usually determined by the caliber of the rifle, and usually the ranges are determined by a mix between the caliber of the gun, real life testing, as well as design specifics such as the type of weapon, the barrel length and so forth.

Now, if we're making just a cut and dry "Fallout setting overlaid onto D20 rules" then we can just figure out how many feet wide each hex is in Fallout 1 or 2, and then convert the range into feet, and apply the formula that we use to convert real life guns into D20 stats. I'm forgetting said formula, but I think WoTC has it posted up as one of their Bullet Points articles.

But here's why I doubt this company is doing that. If we want Fallout setting, D20 rules, I'm going to trundle down to my local gaming store and pick up a copy of D20 Modern, Apocalypse, turn to the page that details a 2 generation later nuclear holocaust, make up some guns, and I'm done.

If the company follows D20 WoTC rules for designs, then some of the guns are going to look a lot alike, if they don't, well good for them, because I think breaking from the D20 WoTC rules would do this game a lot of good.

(1) I Game-Master extensively in the D20 Apocalypse setting, mostly nuclear apocalypse. Thank Fallout for getting me into the genre. Even though I seem really pessimistic about this supplement, I will gladly pick up a copy as soon as it hits the shelves.

Kukident
Regular
Regular

Post by Kukident »

so it's officially dead now?
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Kukident wrote:so it's officially dead now?
Read the thread.

Kukident
Regular
Regular

Post by Kukident »

jetbaby wrote:
Read the thread.
reading the thread i discovered it's extremely off-topic most times

so, do you like lemon ice cream?
i do.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

http://www.gluttoncreeper.com/discussio ... c.php?t=73

Late spring
Kukident
Regular
Regular

Post by Kukident »

we r in, let's say... mid-spring now? at least here
and u have to consider, that while it is for example winter in austria, it's summer in australia.. so where does gluttonguy live?
PiP

Post by PiP »

spring starts march 21 silly, so it's no way 'mid' D:
Kukident
Regular
Regular

Post by Kukident »

spring in australia for example begins at september the 23th, silly wave:

Here in austria it starts at the same date as in north america (because both ly in the same hemisphere, that is). I was a bit confused, because it's already pretty hot here, and we had no snow this year and stuff, u know,... a hot year for the whole world, so the spring, if not seen as a simple time-span, started a bit earlier here, but of course they will mean the "end" of the time-span-spring

whatever
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

No, I'm pretty sure the guy meant "late spring" as in "late spring". KISS. :rolleyes:
PiP

Post by PiP »

Kukident wrote:spring in australia for example begins at september the 23th, silly wave:
oh, right, I forgot to take into account the southern hemisphere. I don't know maybe everyone should go and ask Gluttoncreeper which hemisphere's spring he mean. :gnasher: you fruit.
Kukident
Regular
Regular

Post by Kukident »

VasikkA wrote:No, I'm pretty sure the guy meant "late spring" as in "late spring". KISS. :rolleyes:
O RLY?

PiP wrote:
Kukident wrote:spring in australia for example begins at september the 23th, silly wave:
oh, right, I forgot to take into account the southern hemisphere. I don't know maybe everyone should go and ask Gluttoncreeper which hemisphere's spring he mean. :gnasher: you fruit.
I sent him a pm.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

he lives in the states, hatshepsut
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Kukident wrote:
jetbaby wrote:
Read the thread.
reading the thread i discovered it's extremely off-topic most times

so, do you like lemon ice cream?
i do.

Do you have eyes? I do.
Tensen01 wrote:There have been massive rewrites and a new playtest. So the date has been pushed back, but it's still very much alive, just nothing big lately.

PiP

Post by PiP »

Kukident wrote:
PiP wrote:oh, right, I forgot to take into account the southern hemisphere. I don't know maybe everyone should go and ask Gluttoncreeper which hemisphere's spring he mean. :gnasher: you fruit.
I sent him a pm.
:lol: you. are. amazing.
Our Host!