THATS news ? WTF m8 ?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
PsychoSniper

THATS news ? WTF m8 ?

Post by PsychoSniper »

So who else is fed up with the non news events in the news ?

Anna Nicole Smith dies, and its news it seems.

This junk journalism has been going on for years, who else is just plain tired of it ?

Post your news gripes.

Another for me is the 'weather' channel (you prolly dont get it outside of the US)

They've gone from showing the damn weather, radar and local forcast, to showing TV showes based on weather.
TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TelemachusSneezed »

I'm tired of Iraq news. Why don't we just colonize it already, and try to out-breed the Sunni and the Shia?
Death to quotes.
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

Another for me is the 'weather' channel (you prolly dont get it outside of the US)

They've gone from showing the damn weather, radar and local forcast, to showing TV showes based on weather.
As long as they show the local forecast every 10 minutes, who cares? Why are you even watching otherwise?
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Subhuman wrote:

As long as they show the local forecast every 10 minutes, who cares? Why are you even watching otherwise?

I used to just leave it on weather channel so I could just walk in when I wanted to see it.

I dont even bother now, as they're always showing stupid shit.
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

I leave the Food Network on as background noise. It's oddly soothing.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

I tried that once with my AFN connected TV while I was in Iraq.

I fell asleep to it.

I woke up to piss in the middle of the night, and the king from burger king was on it.

I hugged my riffle tighter.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I don't really care much about the news as its always about US soldiers dying in a car bomb or another person killed in a conflict. I'll only watch the news when my family turns on the TV at the dinner table. Fuck the world, I only care about my shit.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

O, the irony. Could fashion a house of gloves from it.

Society in general has been geared toward the (as much as I wince to write this) lowest common denominator for decades, in all likelihood much longer. Though it has accelerated of recent. Media, being so (potentially) powerful, is very rarely (if that) any different.

Nonetheless, shockingly, the notion of 'newsworthy' remains as subjective as the sound of neon and the speed of dark.

Out of ignorance, out of apathy, reliance upon the provisions furnished by television (and similar tools) is just the sort of outlook they would foster.

A Reality by <strike>deception</strike> consensus where passivity becomes culture pandemic. :drunk:
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

rome had bread and circus

we have booze and TV ?
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I blame reality television. It's all about money, money, money! Fuck the world. We are all in Hell. So smoke some weed and get your dick played with... if you don't know anybody that wants to play with it, do it yourself.

I hate fucking MTV(this has nothing to do with the news) there is no music on that channel anymore. Nothing. The fucking channel makes me sick! The fact that kids are being raised on that shit makes me wanna fucking kill somebody! People watch that shit and don't realize how information gets into a kid's head. They soak that crap up like a sponge!

The news is just shit. Fuck the world.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Dogmeatlives wrote:I blame reality television. It's all about money, money, money! Fuck the world. We are all in Hell. So smoke some weed and get your dick played with... if you don't know anybody that wants to play with it, do it yourself.

I hate fucking MTV(this has nothing to do with the news) there is no music on that channel anymore. Nothing. The fucking channel makes me sick! The fact that kids are being raised on that shit makes me wanna fucking kill somebody! People watch that shit and don't realize how information gets into a kid's head. They soak that crap up like a sponge!

The news is just shit. Fuck the world.
Yeah.

I was 'werid' growing up.

I played games that required more than click shoot skillz.

And I read books. Louie L`amor, horation hornblower, asimov, and other classic lore.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

TV... what's that?
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

I don't watch TV and neither do I care for TV news. In the end it all repeats, anyway, also the informations are mostly of little relevance for me and almost never good news I'd like to watch.
PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Best news Ive heard in a while was last year when Al Zarqaui was killed.

Needless to say, most folks down there heard ahead of time ;)
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

1. Domestic, the ones that might actually affect you.
2. Foreign, usually the Irak shit, that really doesn't affect you.
3. Global, shit that affects everyone.

Domestic is usually the dogs poo, but somewhat usefull for really-really boring chit chat. I really don't care if the Politicians ex-lover wrote a book, unless there is nudity...but no...booorriinnnggg...

Foreign...err...what's this? Have I seen this somewhere...err I don't think so...not anymore (but Irak and all that shit should be here!)

Global, as in GLOBAL! People from Iceland aren't affected by Irak in this global manner! Damn, the polar caps are melting and my shoes are getting wet, but if a Irakian bastard stones his bitch...well my shoes are still getting moist...

I personally feel that there has been a serious fuck-up with the Global and Foreign news. Just because US is picking a fight in Irak doesn't mean it's frigging global. It's Foreign news. Of course this can be debated by the result of OIL, but you probably get the point.

Global: US attacked Irak, yes. US is still at Irak, yes.

Foreign: two sunbathing US soldiers died due do friendly fire from Gunships "We saw movement, we had to act..it was a threat".

Domestic: Bush farted. Son accused of smoking pot.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Iraq ends with the letter "q."
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

Ah, sorry. We spell it Irak, forgot I was writing english :)

PsychoSniper

Post by PsychoSniper »

Wait, its not speiled Irat ?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I mostly care about domestic news, but if someone like Anna Nicole Smith happens to die, I'd rather be informed.
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

True, but we live in Finland and in our frontpages was Anna too...OMG! GLOBAL! OMG! OMG!

It's another thing that you have crappy domestic news, but that crappy domestic becomes even crappier GLOBAL news...well...

Our Host!