I need proof, not speculation

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
GrampyBone
SDF!
SDF!

I need proof, not speculation

Post by GrampyBone »

this is a damn good fallout site with generally good people here. I'm not trying to knock anyone's opinion here but why does most everyone here think that Bethesda making Fallout 3 is wrong? Megatron, Diplodocus whatever his or your name (sorry, I'm too lazy to go back and check) suggests that TROIKA develop it? In a perfect world that would be great, but they're no longer together, they've broken up, due lack of finances right? So it's like requesting for something you can never have. I mean for the past how many years have we gotten off on basically the same old material? Look I've loved my old man's stash of late 80's early 90's Playboy and Penthouse mags since I was 12. Granted I haven't seen it nor done the deed to it in years, but the shit has a special place in my balls (heart doesn't really fit) and it's good to know that somewhere it's still out there. One day I'm sure I'll ride again with those pictures, yee haw! BUT The point is you can move on and accept change, be open to new things (while having honor for the old) or you can act like a whiny Roger Ebert movie pansy and critique things you couldn't make yourself every step of the way. Not that anyone here is doing that, seriously.

I just want proof that Bethesda is NOT making it turn based, I want proof that Bethesda is doing everything they can to fuck this game up, Someguy says "uh" alot in a shitty interview,,our president, ruler of the free world can't make complete sentences. And he gives speeches everyday. This guy is probably under contract NOT to speak about any game details but he's probably excited about it and probably wants to spill some beans, but he can't so he gets flustered,, how this turns into "FO3 will obviously blow goats, it's obviously not turn based, eww" I don't know. PLEASE Help me out where's the proof?

So we're finally getting Fallout 3 , hopefully. After years of waiting and wishing; all that people can say is 'Barf! Bethesda is doing it,,this sux'.

Well fooking hell you guys, would you rather have ATLUS, SquareEnix, Blizzard, or good ole Hasbro Interactive make it?
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Yes sir, I'd much rather have Blizzard make it, since they will not release a game until it's perfect. Now I don't have a lot of time to type, but general points:
Elder scrolls. Oblivion and Morrowind (haven't really played their other games. Played Dagerfall a long time ago but cannot remember anything) do not have the elements that we would like to see, therefore most of us just suspect that FO3 will be Oblivion with guns. We don't want linear storylines (yes, Oblivion gives you a lot of choice by providing you with a huge amount of quests, but they are all 100% linear), we don't need talking heads (almost inevitable due to Oblivion's engine), we don't need turn-based combat (see previous), etc.

Anyway, I got to run to gym now.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Frater Perdurabo wrote:Anyway, I got to run to gym now.
Gotta check out all those men in spandex and lycra.

----

Anyhow, I'm thinking Fallout 3 will be an okay game. I'm convinced they will make something similar in Fallout by way of atmosphere and dark humor. I'm also convinced they will make something by editing Oblivion. While many may see this as cool, many more who have enjoyed the originals in their intact form see this as defamation. I wouldn't mind a Fallout with pretty Oblivion-esq graphics, but I would hate if Fallout turned into a First Person Shoot n' Slasher completely dependant on player's mouse mashing skill. That's where we all believe Fallout 3 is heading, and for the most part it makes us want to vomit.....Or at least bitch and moan.

There is no proof yet, but our speculation as to the actual gameplay mechanics is most likely right. Bethesda will stick with what they know. I seriously do not think they will do Fallout 3 in the top-down isometric turn based style the actual fans really want. It will in fact be Oblivion with guns. I've come to terms with it. I've played Oblivion. With the player modifications available, it is a decent enough game. So I assume with Fallout 3 is released some real fans of the series will do their best to quickly mod it into something we actually wanted. It is possible, and that is my one hope. The one reason I will buy Fallout 3: Someone outside Bethesda will make it into Fallout.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Oblivion was totally boring, storywise, and the character interactions also sucked.

"Rumors?"

"Imperial City?"

There is no dialogue tree. It feels like you're reading a book, except the pages and sentences are all scrambled, and you have to pick a page randomly. The result is that you end up reading the same lines over and over again.

And it all felt so static.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

You couldn't handle the truth!
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

You certainly mean the turth, don't you?
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

S4ur0n27 wrote:You certainly mean the turth, don't you?

No, the Furth.

The Furth of Forth.

S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

That's the firth, not the furth :(
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

S4ur0n27 wrote:That's the firth, not the furth :(
worth sayeth tooth furth of the firth?
:saluth:
frissy
Strider
Strider

Post by frissy »

I'm pretty much on the same line with ExtremeRyno. They will make a decent game, but how much they change "Oblivion" to make it more Fallout is another matter. I hope they get the time to do it. I think the motivation of changing it won't be an issue.

With that I mean "I don't want to change my Oblivion, I made it, I love it!" won't happen because they are professionals and they understand that Fallout is da kingsor! It's also a totally different setting.

It's not like changing Morrowind to Star Wars and justify the minimal changes with "Morrowind has swords, lightsabers are the same thing. We can also have the crossbow mechanic as laser pistol". It's completely different thing and tehy HAVE to make changes just to make it all work (not just to make it all work well).

So my two cents on why it will be decent:

1. They are professionals (might have been better pro's out there...but they lacked funding...odd...)

2. I's different. They need to change things, evolve. Do something new (and then it goes back to reason 1.)

Let's just hope they are given time...
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982), Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
minigunwielder
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by minigunwielder »

STFU ESF MORON!
ESF morons keep stealing my damned Yahoo accounts.
:anger:
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

You are lucky this is the Internet.
Serious Business.
Our Host!