Hi.. I'm new and..

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
ZeRo^_^CoOl
SDF!
SDF!

Hi.. I'm new and..

Post by ZeRo^_^CoOl »

..i wanted to say that this forum revolutionised the way i looked at fallout2........ i was beginig to get tired of doing the same ends over and over again (I even got personal records :P). When i went looking for cheats i saw mods.. when i went look for mods i saw this forum! I allready have my fallout all personalized thanks to you guys and have only one question...... is there a way to pass my mod (all changed files) to an executionable file of some sort that extracts the mod 8O ???????? I would appreciate your help.... maybe a program that does that :? I don't know anything....... ho! and thanks temperacl for all those tuturials.. they really helped a LOT! :)
The assumption that you know more then your enemy is the fatal flaw in every plan. ^_^
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

Hmm.. I haven't used it much, but I think Beyond Compare will work for only selecting the more recently edited files (or, if you take a snapshot, you should be able to compare to the last time you extracted the mods- That won't help at the moment, but in the future if you take a snapshot of a clean (just extracted) directory, you'll be able to pull the newer ones one more easily. As it is, you'd probably want to either go by "last modified date" or make a second extract of the data files and select "show differences only".

Anyhow, I'm not sure how well it will work, but it is what I came across first, so..
ZeRo^_^CoOl
SDF!
SDF!

Post by ZeRo^_^CoOl »

Tnkz m8.. but i've allready puten my 'Assault Mod' (thats what its called :D ) into a sfx archieve with license agreement and everything :D ("This Mod is absoluttly free (F.R.E.E.) so you can't sell it")
BTW does anyone want to test my mod.. it's still just an alpha version (only tinkered with items and critters), the beta version (if someone wants to help me will have a new map/city (slayers encampment) to save suliks sister and some other things that i can't think of :) ! So.. if anyone wants to help me build a beta version of my 'Assault Mod' be free to post me :P

i got disapointed when i figured out that i couldn't put a 3 bullet burst on the glock and the .223 pistol :____( and that i couldn't add swing to hand-weapons :_____________(... well.. at least i added +1 range to thrust with knives :)

tell me your e-mail and i'll send u my alpha version for testing :)
The assumption that you know more then your enemy is the fatal flaw in every plan. ^_^
Our Host!